Sign in to follow this  
HerrDrFunk

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Goldobin, 1 year/900k

16 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Ferland - Petey - Boeser 

Goldy - Bo - Miller 

Pearson - Sutter - Virt 

15 hours ago, Provost said:

Reasonable deal... there is a chance he is better, if not he gets sent to Utica or claimed.  Neither of those affect our cap at all.

With Roussel injured, there is a chance for either Baertschi or Goldobin to be in a top nine spot with three lines expected to push the pace offensively.

There is absolutely no harm in Pearson, Miller, or Ferland ending up in the bottom half of the roster if they got bumped.  We would be better for it.

I prefer the three scoring lines like most good teams have now if we have the bodies.

Ferland-Petterson-Boeser

Goldobin/Baertschi-Horvat-Miller

Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Motte

Baertschi/Goldobin

Makes it tough for top heavy teams to match up to the bottom two lines.... who will have capable 20 goal scorers who only have to face 3rd pairing D and fringe NHL/AHL level forwards.

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I like Baer, but that first line is far too soft and EP40 already took too many cheap shots last year.  Ferland is exactly the type of guy they need, both for protection and to dig pucks out of the corners.  I'd rather:

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Pearson

Goldobin-Miller-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Leivo

Feed Gaud big minutes in Utica and call him up when injuries hit.  First step is for Goldy to make the team.

What the above 3 post shows clearly is the opportunities for Green next season... Its been a long time since we have this sort of riches...

Personally believe is will be a fight between Baerschi and Goldie, who will enter the top 6. 

Just can't see there being room for both....

Ferland/Goldie - Pettersson - Boeser

Goldie/Baertschi/Ferland - Horvat - Miller/Peason

Ferland/Virtanen/Baertschi - Sutter/Miller - Pearson/Sutter

Virtanen/Leivo - Beagle - Motte/Sutter

Edited by spook007
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't see Baertschi on the top two lines. 

Arguably our 5th most talented offensive player +/- IMO. That would seem to put him in our top 6/top two lines. The only issue with him is if he is and can stay healthy.

That said, I'm not opposed to him on a third offensive line either (or eventual trade bait).

Edited by aGENT
  • Hydration 1

43 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Arguably our 5th most talented offensive player +/- IMO. That would seem to put him in our top 6/top two lines. The only issue with him is if he is and can stay healthy.

I think with the signings of Miller and Ferland, Baertschi moves down the depth chart, which to me, is a good thing. His skill is welcome on the third line.

I worry for the guy though. New family and all.

43 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That said, I'm not opposed to him on a third offensive line either (or eventual trade bait).

Same. The blueprint for this team doesn't really look to factor in Baertschi for the future.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I wonder if Baer would be a fit in CBJ? He would fit in on their top 9. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if Baer would be a fit in CBJ? He would fit in on their top 9. 

Jenner for Baer? Sold!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Ferland - Petey - Boeser 

Goldy - Bo - Miller 

Pearson - Sutter - Virt 

maybe something like 

o-zone stats:

Ferland-Petey-Boeser

Goldy-Bo-Miller

d-zone states:

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Bo-Ferland/Leivo 

Gives Petey some assistance with face-offs and better defensive play with Miller when he needs it, and when we need more net presence he's with Ferland. 

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Jenner for Baer? Sold!

I was thinking more like a 2nd or 3rd + b prospect but sure :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I was thinking more like a 2nd or 3rd + b prospect but sure :P

Aim high, Jimmy!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

maybe something like 

o-zone stats:

Ferland-Petey-Boeser

Goldy-Bo-Miller

d-zone states:

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Bo-Ferland/Leivo 

Gives Petey some assistance with face-offs and better defensive play with Miller when he needs it, and when we need more net presence he's with Ferland. 

I’m sure Green will figure it out.

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think with the signings of Miller and Ferland, Baertschi moves down the depth chart, which to me, is a good thing. His skill is welcome on the third line.

I worry for the guy though. New family and all.

Same. The blueprint for this team doesn't really look to factor in Baertschi for the future.

Well sure, last year he would have been pretty clearly 4th. Now he's probably 5th or maybe even 6th.

That's still technically 'top 6' though.

I'm sure Green will figure it out (and it will surely vary throughout the year, or games even). I won't however, be the least bit surprised to see Baer on the second line and correspondingly at least one of Pearson or Ferland on the third though, as a possibility. 

As for the last point, no, he's not likely in the long term plans. I wouldn't hate a Hodgson style pump and dump either though ;)

16 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Its crazy how hard people are sleeping on Baertschi

BuT hE iS oNe HiT aWaY fRoM rEtIrEmEnT 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Holland likes to let his guys stay in the AHL longer.  Part of the reason they're in this mess is rushing guys.  Getting a guy with upside on a cheap contract, while allowing some of their prospects to mature in the AHL would definitely interest Edmonton.

That sounds logical? (It does.) My take suggests Yamamoto will spend more time developing.He almost stuck with the Oilers his draft year.  Crisis averted, they did not toss him in too soon, as they had others.

Benson, however, in particular has already played very well at the AHL level. He looks a very reasonable bet to make the Oilers, and play an important role.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/154220/tyler-benson  

• Hydration 1

Baertschi is easily top six on this team.

When he is healthy.... that's the concern.

By the way, any suggestion he could be traded for anyone of value is complete pie in the sky.  No team will trade for him until he shows he is recovered from his concussion problems.

But healthy...  as a playmaker, as a scorer, as a someone who is defensively reliable... Baertschi is ahead of most of the team.]

Let's hope he has recovered... it is possible... Sid the Kid recovered from a worse set of concussions and went on to lead his team to two Cups.

But the fear he won't recover is one of the reasons why Benning has signed Goldy.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Hydration 2

20 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

Sad truth there!

It's true about every NHL and NFL player. If Baertschi is one hit away so is Crosby, it’s a tired narrative around here 

• Hydration 3

Pearson Horvat Boeser - even deployment 

Ferland Pettersson Goldobin - offensive deployment 

Beartschi Miller Leivo - even deployment 

Beagle Sutter Virtanen - defensive deployment

Edler Stecher - even deployment

Hughes Myers - offensive deployment 

Benn Tanev - defensive deployment

Edited by 70seven

The nicest part of this story is that the Canucks finally have depth.  I'd love to see LE's contract off of the roster, but it's nice to think that the Canucks are good enough now to park him in the minors or on the bench.

• Upvote 1