The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You need between 4-6 forwards to kill penalties. Most teams create a 4th line for that express purpose so they don’t have to use their star players on the PK. Having Gaudette and Baertschi on the 4th line makes no sense whatsoever.  How many teams in the NHL have skilled forwards on their 4th line who don’t kill penalties?

Your correct...this is why LE as much as I dislike him is a far better 4th liner than Bert...LE is actually good at PK

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

And no it's not dumb.. he is soft. However he is good at whining at the refs.

Hes just not a drag the entire team through the mud kinda guy. 

nah, seems it is some "fans" that like to drag people through the mud.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not really. Gretzky never became captain until he was 23. They should have picked a veteran but it’s the Oilers and their organization is the most dysfunctional in all of sports right now so it makes sense for them to pick a kid as their captain. 

That's why I said he was right for EDM

McDavid is a generational player who's been in the spotligt his whole life. He's not some skinny kid from Europe who's still grasping the English language.  

And who's to say Elias is better than Bo? As far as I can tell, Bo carries this team on his back. Pettersson might have more skill, but Bo has more grit and battle. It's not always all about the points.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Thank you for proving my point

Wait I'm confused.

So at first you were saying that naming bo captain would cause issues because petey's our best player.

Then you use Taylor Hall/McDavid as an example of naming a captain causing locker room issues... when McDavid was clearly the best player on that team.

You literally proved your own point incorrect.

Just now, Yung1 said:

Wait I'm confused.

So at first you were saying that naming bo captain would cause issues because petey's our best player.

Then you use Taylor Hall/McDavid as an example of naming a captain causing locker room issues... when McDavid was clearly the best player on that team.

You literally proved your own point incorrect.

2 big egos.... hall was overshadowed....asked for a trade and was traded. It's quite simple.  

You honestly dont think that hall wasnt involved in a discussion along with mcdavid and the GM.

16 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

And no it's not dumb.. he is soft. However he is good at whining at the refs.

Hes just not a drag the entire team through the mud kinda guy. 

His nickname is the Ox, they are used almost soley for draggin things through the mud. 

1 hour ago, Snapshot85 said:

I actually dont believe Bo is the right fit for canucks captian.

Sorry Guys

BETTER OFF TO WAIT 2 MORE YEARS AND NAME PETTERSSON

2 reasons.

Main reason. Bo is soft.... sorry to say it he doesn't stand up for the guys.... hes alot of talk no action.  For example...When that boeser hit happened..... bo could have stood up and made a big check or a fight and showed the team he the leader will not stand for it. And showed them by example what is expected of the team in those situations. Instead..... crickets.

Reason 2... when your best player is not your captian it can cause serious locker room problems. Bo is a great player but hes not pettersson.

Sensing time is short, Rush17 got himself a sock-puppet?

9 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

2 big egos.... hall was overshadowed....asked for a trade and was traded. It's quite simple.  

You honestly dont think that hall wasnt involved in a discussion along with mcdavid and the GM.

I think that considering McDavid was named captain 3 months later it's quite possible it wasn't a factor, but I'll concede that it's possible it was.

Hall was also completely blindsided by the trade though and even said he wanted to stay after he was traded I believe. I don't think he at all requested a trade. He expressed that he wanted to stick around to see the thing through.

Nonetheless, your argument seems to be changing with every response and it seems you're grasping at straws to support your idea that Bo's not the best captain for the team.

Well thanks for the butt kicking....

I always wanted to know how it felt to have that many cheerleaders go after me at the same time. Lol

And the shirtless bo pic... you all enjoy.

Heading to work... night all

Lookin forward to destroying Edmonton tommorow. See yall there

Cheers

• Cheers 1