Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I am expecting a combination of the following forwards get waived/sent down.

Tim Schaller

Loui Eriksson

Adam Gaudette

Nikolay Goldobin

Barring a trade I do not see Beagle, Sutter or Motte waived under any circumstance. I'm half expecting one of Schaller or Eriksson to stay. Graovac I think earns a spot as an extra forward. Not sure where MacEwen ends up. He has served his time in the A could go back. Could stay.

This supports Schaller staying with Beagle. I liked beagle motte schaller trio.

I'm expecting Jake Virtanen and Graovac as opening day 13/14 forwards. 

Edited by Rush17

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I am expecting a combination of the following forwards get waived/sent down.

Tim Schaller

Loui Eriksson

Adam Gaudette

Nikolay Goldobin

Barring a trade I do not see Beagle, Sutter or Motte waived under any circumstance. I'm half expecting one of Schaller or Eriksson to stay. Graovac I think earns a spot as an extra forward. Not sure where MacEwen ends up. He has served his time in the A could go back. Could stay.

I got a hunch they’re working on a Sutter trade.

Dont see it happening however. Too much cap for a guy that hasn’t been able to stay healthy.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Still don't see them waiving Motte (for that exact reason), even to keep Gaudette.

That and Green LOVES Motte. 

I think Goldobin gets waived like you previously suggested as an option.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Dont see it happening however. Too much cap for a guy that hasn’t been able to stay healthy.

We could retain on the final two years of his deal. We have cap space the next two years. Might boost a return. 

If Sutter is being replaced by someone with equal or less the difference of his retained salary vs actual salary we could afford it.

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

depends what goes with him. CBJ needs another depth d along with another C. Might be a great fit there, Sutter+Briesbois might be attractive to them if the return is low. 

I'd prefer we keep Sutter tho, if he's healthy we need the depth to actually push for the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

depends what goes with him. CBJ needs another depth d along with another C. Might be a great fit there, Sutter+Briesbois might be attractive to them if the return is low. 

I'd prefer we keep Sutter tho, if he's healthy we need the depth to actually push for the playoffs. 

I’d rather not have to pay to dump a player like Sutter. He has more value to us on the team than we’ll get in a trade. Too soon to give up on Brisebois too.

If we need to dump salary for Roussel I’d rather trade Tanev for some picks and replace him with one of Juolevi, Tryamkin, Rafferty etc.

20 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I think Goldobin gets waived like you previously suggested as an option.

I don't see any situation where Goldy makes the team after Boeser and Ferland are ready.

• Hydration 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’d rather not have to pay to dump a player like Sutter. He has more value to us on the team than we’ll get in a trade. Too soon to give up on Brisebois too.

If we need to dump salary for Roussel I’d rather trade Tanev for some picks and replace him with one of Juolevi, Tryamkin, Rafferty etc.

We have zero need to dump anyone. Roussel fits under the cap, without IR, by simply going down to the required 23 man roster.

How we get there is another discussion altogether. 

I wish we could see is move Sutter for a Ryan Reaves type someone who can play with beags and Schaller. That would let us use Motte as a sub in or energy guy who can help out on the third line from time to time.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don't know about moving Tanev after what Hughes said yesterday about pairing with him... might be something special there.

Its tough to move salary now, just look at what TO had to do to move Marleau. I like Breezy but at least we'd be trading from something resembling depth.

With Brock's reasonable deal tho the team really isn't under huge pressure to move bodies this year, waivers takes care of it. 

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We have zero need to dump anyone. Roussel fits under the cap, without IR, by simply going down to the required 23 man roster.

How we get there is another discussion altogether. 

I thought the only way we can fit him is on LTIR no?

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nope. we'll be about $1-$1.5m (depending on players) under cap once we demote/waive enough guys to get a 23 man roster. Even with Roussel on the roster.

Edited by aGENT
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't see any situation where Goldy makes the team after Boeser and Ferland are ready.

Unless he scores a Joe Thornton trick and has a fight

2 hours ago, mll said:

Canucks need goals though.  Green seems to like a lot of players who are reliable but don't produce a whole lot.  How many can you really have on a team.

Reliable? Or bust their ass. ie Motte.

Come over the boards hard, flying, hunting the puck.

I don't disagree with the goals sentiment.  Nor the concept of Sutter on a line with Beagle, Gaudette on a 3rd scoring line. 

• Hydration 2

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Reliable? Or bust their ass. ie Motte.

Come over the boards hard, flying, hunting the puck.

I don't disagree with the goals sentiment.  Nor the concept of Sutter on a line with Beagle, Gaudette on a 3rd scoring line. 

Motte has 9 goals last season. 

We we need that kind of production out of our 4th line.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 2

43 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm expecting Jake Virtanen and Graovac as opening day 13/14 forwards.

:o

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That may have been the case if we paid Boeser like Marner?

Once he was bridged it became a non issue.

• Hydration 1

Is Loui gonna be on opening roster? 

You seldom see 6 mill players get waived. Even Lucic didn't get waived and he was even more ineffective than Loui. 

Gaudette might not start the year with the team but he'll have a full time job by the time we're in the playoffs. 

• Hydration 1

59 minutes ago, apollo said:

Is Loui gonna be on opening roster? 

You seldom see 6 mill players get waived. Even Lucic didn't get waived and he was even more ineffective than Loui. 

Gaudette might not start the year with the team but he'll have a full time job by the time we're in the playoffs. 

To be fair, most 6 million players are a little more.. what's the word.. useful? xD

Edited by BrockBoester
  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 2