The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I thought the only way we can fit him is on LTIR no?

Nope. we'll be about $1-$1.5m (depending on players) under cap once we demote/waive enough guys to get a 23 man roster. Even with Roussel on the roster.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mll said:

Canucks need goals though.  Green seems to like a lot of players who are reliable but don't produce a whole lot.  How many can you really have on a team.

Reliable? Or bust their ass. ie Motte.

Come over the boards hard, flying, hunting the puck.

I don't disagree with the goals sentiment.  Nor the concept of Sutter on a line with Beagle, Gaudette on a 3rd scoring line. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Reliable? Or bust their ass. ie Motte.

Come over the boards hard, flying, hunting the puck.

I don't disagree with the goals sentiment.  Nor the concept of Sutter on a line with Beagle, Gaudette on a 3rd scoring line. 

Motte has 9 goals last season. 

We we need that kind of production out of our 4th line.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Is Loui gonna be on opening roster? 

You seldom see 6 mill players get waived. Even Lucic didn't get waived and he was even more ineffective than Loui. 

Gaudette might not start the year with the team but he'll have a full time job by the time we're in the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, apollo said:

You seldom see 6 mill players get waived. Even Lucic didn't get waived and he was even more ineffective than Loui. 

Gaudette might not start the year with the team but he'll have a full time job by the time we're in the playoffs. 

To be fair, most 6 million players are a little more.. what's the word.. useful? xD

Edited by BrockBoester
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, BPA said:

JB probably working the phones to makes some trades to make space.

its gotta be tough, there aren't many teams with cap space and we really don't need to take on someone else's problem just for the sake of switching problem players.

I have to think CBJ is looking for Fs but my feeling is Bergevin will beat us to it. 

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its gotta be tough, there aren't many teams with cap space and we really don't need to take on someone else's problem just for the sake of switching problem players.

I have to think CBJ is looking for Fs but my feeling is Bergevin will beat us to it. 

Hard to see a GM giving JB much trade value wise when they all know he is in a dilemma to move players off the roster by opening night.

What was with the poster saying Graovac makes the roster...Not a chance he beats out Jake, Goldy or Gaud. LE should be waived like another poster said and give him 29 days 9 games to see what he can do. By then, Roussel will be back possibly so just send the Mop to Utica and bury him for 3 years. Time to move on and have younger players who can contribute more than maybe kill a penalty all while not making close to 6m

But LE will be on opening day roster, be shocked if JB waives him

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Hard to see a GM giving JB much trade value wise when they all know he is in a dilemma to move players off the roster by opening night.

What dilemma is that really? He'd like to move a F or two, he doesn't need to.

It's more likely that he'll have difficulty making a trade as most teams are in a similar predicament of sorting out who to keep/who to send down and aren't presently looking to add much. That can change drastically a couple weeks + in to the season though.

Graovac looked good to me as well as Gaudette, Brisebois, and some others.

Goldobin and other regulars from last year have not really looked that great.

Motte, for example, looks a little slower (and maybe heavier?); he's in tonight, I believe, so we will get an update.

But I don't think we are going to lose any player we do not want to lose.

If they can be sent down so we don't lose any players, imo, they will be sent down.

We need to keep as many near-ready NHL level players at the ready as possible.

There will be time later for trades, waivers, injuries, whatever that give the Gaudettes and MacEwens their time in the show.

I think tonight's game will provide the info to make the final decisions over the next week.

But I don't think we're going to give away Goldobin for example because Gaudette has outplayed him in the preseason.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, apollo said:

I hope not.

I think Lucic amassed over 250 hits last season. . That’s huge 4th line pressure.

Eriksson had 3 or 4 hits..  Even Tyler Motte had 200 hits.

Posters here might rave that LE is a great PK’r..  but there is a better value in keeping Motte, Graovac, Gaudette, or Sutter for 4th line roles and the PK.

Eriksson is no game changer, even on the PK..

We will have  special team squads that this entire team will be better at,  the spotlight on Eriksson has become so small now that I think his exit would not be noticed,. Except that for a better player to rightfully take a position with this club to perform and develop.. and a cap hit that efects is negatively until he retires in Utica.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Graovac looked good to me as well as Gaudette, Brisebois, and some others.

Goldobin and other regulars from last year have not really looked that great.

Motte, for example, looks a little slower (and maybe heavier?); he's in tonight, I believe, so we will get an update.

But I don't think we are going to lose any player we do not want to lose.

If they can be sent down so we don't lose any players, imo, they will be sent down.

We need to keep as many near-ready NHL level players at the ready as possible.

There will be time later for trades, waivers, injuries, whatever that give the Gaudettes and MacEwens their time in the show.

I think tonight's game will provide the info to make the final decisions over the next week.

But I don't think we're going to give away Goldobin for example because Gaudette has outplayed him in the preseason.

I don't think we'll give him away, as I think he likely clears waivers :lol: Otherwise, agree ;) 

Canucks should be gunning to win game one and ice the best roster they can.  This is where I'm at right now :

ferland   pettersson   boeser
baertschi   gaudette   miller
eriksson   horvat   sutter/pearson/leivo
virtanen  beagle  motte

keep :  goldobin (skill), schaller (checking, speed)

trade for futures any/all of :  sutter, leivo, pearson