Pearson Bo Miller

Baer Gaud Virtanen

Loui Beagle Sutter

Goldobin Leivo

Edler Myers 

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stetcher

Fantenberg

Probably the most realistic. Only tweak I would make is having Leivo on the third line and Virtanen starting in the press box.

Sucks to have to cut Motte because of his work ethic but he’s likely to clear so it’s not that big of a deal.

Schaller, although playing better, likely will be sent down with cheaper options like MacEwan ready to go.

Also that’s like a 13 million dollar 4th line lol

Edited by DeNiro

My prediction for opening night is:

Ferland – Pettersson - Boeser

Miller – Horvat - Leivo

Pearson – Gaudette - Sutter

Motte – Beagle - Virtanen

Baertschi, Eriksson

Sent down- MacEwen, Graovac

Waived – Goldobin, Schaller

IR- Rousell

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn -  Stecher

Biega

IR - Fantenberg

Sent down- Brisebois, Chatfield

Goalies:  Markstrom and Demko

Waived- Bachman

Edited by sockeye

Here's a question. Who goes when Roussel is ready to go?

Yeah, we still have that guy, and it is glorious days ahead with him and Ferland out there on back to back shifts.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1

48 minutes ago, xereau said:

Here's a question. Who goes when Roussel is ready to go?

Yeah, we still have that guy, and it is glorious days ahead with him and Ferland out there on back to back shifts.

I’m sure with the Canucks luck we will have a hand full of injuries he can cover.... 

• Like 1

My Opening night roster would be 

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser (Goldy, if Boeser can't go)

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo

Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Extra's Goldy + Virtanen 

Sent Down Schaller,Eriksson 

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Marky

Demko 

However, I think Travis Greens lineup will be

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser 

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo 

Eriksson-Beagle-Sutter

Extra's Motte + Virtanen 

Sent Down Schaller,Goldy,Biega

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Fantenberg 

Marky

Demko 

• Upvote 2

That's pretty close IMO. They'll probably keep another forward right up until the deadline to see if Boeser/Motte will be healthy enough to play. We'll be keeping the fat contracts around (Eriksson). Leivo will be the guy to slide up the line up as needed. D has been set for a while, and with Fantenberg injured we don't have to waive anyone. 

• Hydration 3

I want three scoring lines and from a strategic view this might be best.

Ferland - Pettersson - Goldobin(to prove if he can go with Peteys flow, if not, send down or trade) 

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Virtanen  - Miller - Pearson

Leivo - Beagle - Sutter

Eriksson  - Motte

Schaller, Biega should be waived as back up.

Gaudette - MacEvan start in Utica due to strategy, not performence. 

Schaller, Gaudette, MacEvan should form the first line in Utica and be called up when needed. If they are NHL ready they will have fun as first line in Utica. 

One other option is to waive both Goldobin and Eriksson in order to let them find some confidence as first line players with Gaudette. 

Roussell comes when he's ready

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Benn

Stecher - Tanev

Fantenberg

Edited September 8 by Timråfan

• Upvote 2

He's bought players before when the real dollars were 1/2 the cap hit.  Dumpster diving on, for example, Phaneuf.  Ate that contract as Toronto took even more dollars actually owed to other players.

If he can save money? aGENT suggested Boedker.  If I remember gents pitch, Eriksson retained over 3 years would have less actual dollars owing than Boedker in one...

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Probably the most realistic. Only tweak I would make is having Leivo on the third line and Virtanen starting in the press box.

Sucks to have to cut Motte because of his work ethic but he’s likely to clear so it’s not that big of a deal.

Schaller, although playing better, likely will be sent down with cheaper options like MacEwan ready to go.

Also that’s like a 13 million dollar 4th line lol

yes that is an expensive 4th line but a cheep 3rd. However I would wager that 4th gets more minutes than the 3rd most nights. When Roussel comes back I think Loui finally gets waived. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

That's pretty close IMO. They'll probably keep another forward right up until the deadline to see if Boeser/Motte will be healthy enough to play. We'll be keeping the fat contracts around (Eriksson). Leivo will be the guy to slide up the line up as needed. D has been set for a while, and with Fantenberg injured we don't have to waive anyone. 

Great a 15 million forth line

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Considering where this team is currently in the rebuild, with its wealth of bottom 6 players and lack of top 6 offensively minded wingers, I think it would be pointless to waive a kid like Goldobin over aging Veterans (Loui and Schaller). Goldy has that skill and Id rather see him slotting into a spot beside Petey or Bo when the inevitable injuries occur. He may become a high quality player still

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Was just popping by to post my version of that roster.  That’s pretty much where I stand as well. 

Kind of a shame some guys didn’t fight for a spot in camp but when we boil it down to this group I’m excited for the season to start.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I want three scoring lines and from a strategic view this might be best.

Ferland - Pettersson - Goldobin(to prove if he can go with Peteys flow, if not, send down or trade) 

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Virtanen  - Miller - Pearson

Leivo - Beagle - Sutter

Eriksson  - Motte

Schaller, Biega should be waived as back up.

Gaudette - MacEvan start in Utica due to strategy, not performence. 

Schaller, Gaudette, MacEvan should form the first line in Utica and be called up when needed. If they are NHL ready they will have fun as first line in Utica. 

One other option is to waive both Goldobin and Eriksson in order to let them find some confidence as first line players with Gaudette. 

Roussell comes when he's ready

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Benn

Stecher - Tanev

Fantenberg

Edited September 8 by Timråfan

This would be my approach, play Goldobin with Ferland and EP, then Boeser with Horvat and Miller. It brings a balanced offense that would give opposition coaches fits and of course play Boeser and EP on the pp together. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

A lot of lineups out there. I think we can all agree on one thing: neither Schaller nor Goldobin earned spots on this team. That should make your forward rosters pretty clear cut. Waive these two (lets be honest, no one is picking them up), and give Gaudette the spot he's earned. 

I can see someone taking a flyer on goldy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2