Bae   Gaudette Leivo

Sutter Beagle Virtanen

Extras: LE, Motte

Sent down waived/traded: Schaller and Goldy

Once Rous is back good bye LE

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I can see someone taking a flyer on goldy.

And? Don't fall in the Corrado hole ;)

My take..

If Boeser and Fanta are out...

Ferland, Pettersson, Leivo

Pearson, Horvat, Miller

Baer, Sutter, Gaudette

Motte, Beagle, Eriksson/Schaller (the other waived)

Virtanen getting a message in the press box (eventually swap in/out for whoever makes it of Eriksson/Schaller).

*Roussel and Boeser on IR

Edler, Myers

Hughes, Tanev

Benn, Stecher

Biega 

*Fanta on IR

*With Boeser/Fanta on IR it might mean Goldy has a couple weeks of grace. It might also just mean we recall a Brisebois/Sautner/Teves. Goldy likely gets waived initially for the 'paper' roster regardless (along with Gaudette getting demoted 'on paper' and 'recalled' once Boeser's on IR).

Things get interesting once one or both of Boeser/Roussel are back (barring further injuries/trades). If both are back, one of whoever's left standing of Schaller/Eriksson will likely need to be waived and Gaudette sent back down.

Virtanen better get his sizable rear in gear, or he's going to find it traded.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

My take..

Pearson, Horvat, Miller

Baer, Sutter, Gaudette

Virtanen getting a message in the press box (eventually swap in/out for whoever makes it of Eriksson/Schaller).

Edler, Myers

Hughes, Tanev

Benn, Stecher

Biega 

*Fanta on IR

*With Boeser/Fanta on IR it might mean Goldy has a couple weeks of grace. It might also just mean we recall a Brisebois/Sautner/Teves. Goldy likely gets waived initially for the 'paper' roster regardless (along with Gaudette getting demoted 'on paper' and 'recalled' once Boeser's on IR).

Things get interesting once one or both of Boeser/Roussel are back (barring further injuries/trades). If both are back, one of whoever's left standing of Schaller/Eriksson will likely need to be waived and Gaudette sent back down.

Oh no man dont get me wrong here. I do not care if he get claimed lol. 

• Hydration 1

Goldobin got into the offensive zone every single time last night. He made multiple great passing plays and was solid defensively. 

Edited by Per Her Son
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

My take..

Pearson, Horvat, Miller

Baer, Sutter, Gaudette

Edler, Myers

Hughes, Tanev

Benn, Stecher

Biega 

*Fanta on IR

I'm not sure trading a 15-20 goal guy who plays defensive mins and is a takeaway machine and hgets paid peanuts is smart idea.

• Upvote 1

I'm ok if we send Gaudette down or keep him on the roster. Their are good arguments for both. I just think that we should be leaning towards sending him down to play a bigger role and develop his defensive game a bit more.

We historically get a lot of injuries and keeping as much depth as possible should be taken into consideration.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I'm ok if we send Gaudette down or keep him on the roster. Their are good arguments for both. I just think that we should be leaning towards sending him down to play a bigger role and develop his defensive game a bit more.

We historically get a lot of injuries and keeping as much depth as possible should be taken into consideration.

so you are saying send Gaudette down , but keep LE, JV AND Goldy up, Gaudette has earned his spot and the others haven't. some are saying Jake can get 15 to 20 points , so keep him up , well that was last year , from what we all saw this preseason, Jake seems very just disinterested.

• Hydration 1

8 hours ago, xereau said:

Here's a question. Who goes when Roussel is ready to go?

Yeah, we still have that guy, and it is glorious days ahead with him and Ferland out there on back to back shifts.

Easy...no one. By then someone else is hurt.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

so you are saying send Gaudette down , but keep LE, JV AND Goldy up, Gaudette has earned his spot and the others haven't. some are saying Jake can get 15 to 20 points , so keep him up , well that was last year , from what we all saw this preseason, Jake seems very just disinterested.

Asset management trumps performance.

• Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not sure trading a 15-20 goal guy who plays defensive mins and is a takeaway machine and hgets paid peanuts is smart idea.

I'm not sure you can declare anything about a potential trade, without knowing the return.

This isn't so much about what Jake is capable of, he's (capable of being) a solid 3rd liner. Maybe more. It's about his commitment. His buy in. This team is QUICKLY improving and it will be staffed with people who are going to PUSH. Not people doing 'ok' or getting by. Jake can decide to be part of that or he can continue doing what he has been. 

On a positive note, if anyone can get that out of him, it's probably Green. But the team's only going to wait so long for him to figure it out. And on a healthy squad with Gaudette and MacEwan starting to push from below (and more coming behind them sooner than later) his time to 'buy in' is running out.

On a healthy lineup he easily starts getting pushed to the fringes without a full, committed effort:

Ferland, Pettersson, Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Miller

Baer, Sutter, Leivo

Motte, Beagle, Eriksson/Schaller/Virtanen

...with Gaudette, MacEwan and soon Hoglander, Podkolzin etc breathing down his neck. That is in no way a secure roster position to be 'relaxing'.

• Upvote 1

What I’m hoping the roster is:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser 

Pearson - Horvat - Miller

Baertschi - Gaudette - Leivo

Virtanen - Beagle - MacEwen

Motte/Goldobin 

Traded/Waived:

Sutter

Schaller

Eriksson

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm not sure you can declare anything about a potential trade, without knowing the return.

This isn't so much about what Jake is capable of, he's (capable of being) a solid 3rd liner. Maybe more. It's about his commitment. His buy in. This team is QUICKLY improving and it will be staffed with people who are going to PUSH. Not people doing 'ok' or getting by. Jake can decide to be part of that or he can continue doing what he has been. 

On a positive note, if anyone can get that out of him, it's probably Green. But the team's only going to wait so long for him to figure it out. And on a healthy squad with Gaudette and MacEwan starting to push from below (and more coming behind them sooner than later) his time to 'buy in' is running out.

On a healthy lineup he easily starts getting pushed to the fringes without a full, committed effort:

Ferland, Pettersson, Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Miller

Baer, Sutter, Leivo

Motte, Beagle, Eriksson/Schaller/Virtanen

...with Gaudette, MacEwan and soon Hoglander, Podkolzin etc breathing down his neck. That is in no way a secure roster position to be 'relaxing'.

fair point, for sure.

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

^^ who might this be?

Eriksson/Schaller? Longer shot of Baer/Motte? Can't see them waiving any other vets.

Edited by aGENT

I think Gaudette belongs here, but he might be assigned to Utica, even on paper to start the season. It sometimes takes time to find a trading partner. I think there's a couple of guys who might be on the block to make room.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Eriksson/Schaller? Longer shot of Baer/Motte? Can't see them waiving any other vets.

Baertschi - top-6 is full and Green apparently already has his bottom-6 per Batchelor.  Drance says Green had no answer on where he could fit.  

Edited by mll

6 minutes ago, mll said:

Baertschi - top-6 is full and Green apparently already has his bottom-6 per Batchelor.  Drance says Green had no answer on where he could fit.  

Sure.... but I don't see them waiving him.

• Hydration 2