Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What is management smoking. Virtanen and Schaller/Loui above Baertschi. 

Edited by Roger Neilsons Towel
Do not intentionally bypass the censors.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, stawns said:

no it doesn't.........people take that stuff way to literal.  Plenty of teams have sent players down for waiver exemption reasons.  Sucks for AG if it happens, but players understand the ramifications of the cap world.

I disagree. You send the wrong message when you drop players to the minors for those situations. The best players need to play. Plain and simple. If you are a bubble player and don’t even try then a good team will cut you. That’s how it ought to be. Cap or no cap. Makes JB’s job a bit more difficult but it’s the right thing to do.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is a good sign that they are at least on the ice. I’m sure this was all a modified practice session for them. Looks like they both might be ready for the start of the season! :towel:

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I disagree. You send the wrong message when you drop players to the minors for those situations. The best players need to play. Plain and simple. If you are a bubble player and don’t even try then a good team will cut you. That’s how it ought to be. Cap or no cap. Makes JB’s job a bit more difficult but it’s the right thing to do.

You have to consider depth and asset management too though. Gaudette doesn't require waivers and can play around 20 minutes in the AHL work on his faceoff skills and be ready as first call up if a trade or injury opens up a spot. 

He is NHL ready as a winger at worst right now though. But I would understand why he starts in the AHL if it comes to that. It's nowhere near as bad as people on here make it out to be the players all understand that you have to consider depth and asset management decisions as well. 

• Hydration 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

This is a good sign that they are at least on the ice. I’m sure this was all a modified practice session for them. Looks like they both might be ready for the start of the season! :towel:

It will be close for sure Brock could be ready by the 2nd/3rd game at the latest if his progression is positive. As for Fantenberg not as big of a deal as he is likely the number 7 dman anyway. 

8 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

What is management smoking. Virtanen and Schaller/Loui above Baertschi. 

maybe they are trying to move sven.  maybe they haven’t decided on who they are moving between eriksson or schaller?  i see them waving goldobin, one of eriksson or schaller and sending adam down. one trade could change the course of history. 

Edited by Roger Neilsons Towel
Quote bypasses censors. Edited.
  • Hydration 2

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

page team GIF

Schaller / Eriksson are on a line.  Baertschi isn't.  Media has been saying for the last few days that he is the odd man out.  Doesn't fit the top-6 and is not a bottom-6 player. 

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

Schaller / Eriksson are on a line.  Baertschi isn't.  Media has been saying for the last few days that he is the odd man out.  Doesn't fit the top-6 and is not a bottom-6 player. 

Media says a lot of things, if it happens it happens. 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Media says a lot of things, if it happens it happens. 

ya it all comes from  some basement dweller in Toronto  , if you don't hear a rumour by 9 am est  you make one up  

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Seriously get Edler off the PP1 and put Hughes there and move Edler to the PP2.

I agree with you there, it will backfire but I felt that Hughes is better than Edler and make much better decision with the puck than Edler however even with Hughes playing on PP1, they still practice drop pass.  Ugh.  I guess it doesn't make any difference because Brown still employs the drop pass.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

maybe they are trying to move sven.  maybe they haven’t decided on who they are moving between eriksson or schaller?  i see them waving goldobin, one of eriksson or schaller and sending adam down. one trade could change the course of history. 

Interesting, Baertschi and Goldobin sitting out. I would think they would play Goldobin a lot so they could decide what to do with him. Is he sick? Maybe a trade is in the works?

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Interesting, Baertschi and Goldobin sitting out. I would think they would play Goldobin a lot so they could decide what to do with him. Is he sick? Maybe a trade is in the works?

No one is sick.  They are practicing but not on a line.  

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, mll said:

Or, they know they are keeping Baer and the issue now is deciding between the last of the bubble guys.

I can't see them letting Gaudette go back to Utica.  Which means more cuts.  And then they still have to take into account what happens when Roussel comes back (keep somebody up who can move back when needed or assume they can make a trade later?)  Assuming that Leivo and Pearson are locks... and Baertschi is a lock... that means only Motte is kept up.  So... Schaller, Eriksson, Goldobin are all waived?