Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

I can see some guys here are pretty bummed if Sven goes on waivers. I like the guy too but our team is improving and some tough decisions are being made. In the end it’s a business and these players are compensated quite well.

Just now, Vanisleryan said:

I can see some guys here are pretty bummed if Sven goes on waivers. I like the guy too but our team is improving and some tough decisions are being made. In the end it’s a business and these players are compensated quite well.

Baertchi has outplayed Eriksson imo he should not be the casualty of the numbers game.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Vanisleryan said:

Why is Pearson kept over Baertschi?

• Upvote 1

I'm wondering if the decision to put Baer on waivers was so that they could get under the cap?

Under the premise that Gaudette deserved a spot, someone had to get cut, and Baer's salary was a big enough cut to get the roster under the cap? 

Sven doesn't deserve that (if true) but I think his salary would preclude anybody but a cap floor team from claiming him so maybe there is a method to the madness.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hindustan Smyl said:

Is this a serious question?

Totally serious. Do you think the Canucks were convinced with last season's play?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Why is Pearson kept over Baertschi?

My opinion would be that he’s bigger and can play lower down the lineup if needed. But that’s just my opinion...If this happens I doubt it’s an easy decision for management 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Baerstchi on waivers over Schaller? Eriksson?  Wow...

Erickson's contract is so limited. They cant waive him

3 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Baertchi has outplayed Eriksson imo he should not be the casualty of the numbers game.

The problem with Baertschi is that he isn’t a good fit on the bottom 6.    Yes - he had chemistry with Gaudette (Who is slated to be the 3rd line C), but a combination of Baertschi and Gaudette would have too many shortcomings for a 3rd line.

I’m not the biggest fan of Eriksson, but he can be used in both a top 6 and a bottom 6 role, not to mention both wings.

Just now, ahf149 said:

Erickson's contract is so limited. They cant waive him

Actually they can. And it would have made them cap compliant. So...

5 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I agree completely but we don’t save enough salary sending LE down. The fact also remains that if we ever want to have a chance at trading LE for even peanuts....we need to at least show he has NHL value.

Just now, Hindustan Smyl said:

The problem with Baertschi is that he isn’t a good fit on the bottom 6.    Yes - he had chemistry with Gaudette (Who is slated to be the 3rd line C), but a combination of Baertschi and Gaudette would have too many shortcomings for a 3rd line.

I’m not the biggest fan of Eriksson, but he can be used in both a top 6 and a bottom 6 role, not to mention both wings.

And why would Schaller be kept?

Baertschi/Gaudette

Baertschi/Horvat

really gives good options.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1