The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The biggest improvement I am looking forward to is we will have less floaters on the team and more hard working "Plumber" mentality. A loss is much more palatable when the team works its @ss off as opposed to just going through the motions and saying "we have to be better next time". I am so sick of that mentality that has plagued this team for decades.

Loui?

23 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The biggest improvement I am looking forward to is we will have less floaters on the team and more hard working "Plumber" mentality. A loss is much more palatable when the team works its @ss off as opposed to just going through the motions and saying "we have to be better next time". I am so sick of that mentality that has plagued this team for decades.

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Loui?

Look at the KEYWORD Alf. ::D The rebuild is not complete just yet but we are way better off then last year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

This is as close to a playoff roster I can recall this team building from scratch. 

Getting there is the hard part, but once they’re in, look out. 

The great thing here is if Baer and Goldy slide through and they play in Utica , we have 2 top and 2 bottom 6 NHL caliber forwards to sub in for injuries which wasn't the case for the past 4 years. Little more concern with the D depth if Biega is taken however

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

This is as close to a playoff roster I can recall this team building from scratch. 

Getting there is the hard part, but once they’re in, look out. 

This roster is one that’ll make a team pay. Tierney is going to regret not getting waived. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

It seems like they are purging any of the "we accept losing culture". Anyone who was here during the losing phase that didn't have that burning desire to win has been removed. The other player that remotely resembles that passive mindset that remains is Jake and Loui.

Hopefully the moving on Granlund, Hutton, Baer, and Goldie will show him its time. Hell even Biega who gave it his all got the boot.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

Why do we give Baer the benefit of the doubt when it comes to potential offense? He's never played more than 60 games and 35 points.

Meanwhile, Sutter and Tanev have been consistently injured, yet it's so easy to write them off. Why?

I mean, Granlund got 19 goals once and we let him walk for nothing!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2