The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Ur a Towel said:

Good, now we can hopefully have everyone stop complaining about this.

Baer can be the first call up when the eventual injuries happen.

Now let's get this season started!

So.....what's everyone up to for the next 36 hours?

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Baertschi has been waived. It’s done. Get the (expletive deleted) over it. It’s like 1040 has infected the CDC. 

It's not that Baer was waived.  No team was trading for him, and clearly he wasn't getting claimed.  It's about keeping Loui (who will sit in the press box) over Baer.  

As much as the gamble of waiving Baer and Goldy worked for the Canucks, man does this create a mess for Utica.

Once Roussel is healthy, I'm assuming Schaller will get waived and demoted and the forward line-up could look like:

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Roussel-Sutter-Gaudette/Leivo/Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Virtanen/Gaudette/Leivo

Eriksson, Gaudette/Virtanen

I can't help but feel a trade might still be coming.

Edited by EternalCanuckFan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Baertschi cleared. You see? He's not that desireable a player. Not many teams clammering a for a average player with a concussion history. A lot of people here were freaking out (lol) that was fun. 

Well, Uitca should have a pretty good team, and good depth for the Canucks. They'll need that depth as the season goes on.  The interesting part will be whether Baer and Goldy report.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Twitter GM's in shambles.

Twitter GMs have shut the &^@# up for the the time being until they figure out a new angle to be mad about. 

I imagine they'll move on to complaining about the captaincy. Not who gets it, mind you, but the timing of the announcement. 

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Haha 4

Well now I'm mad! Baertschi was supposed to get picked up on waivers. I am so upset that we have some depth.  I wanted the team to call up Boucher, no chance now! :bigblush:

No disrespect to to REID "THE DEED" BOUCHER

Edited by DS4quality
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

He's still more valuable than some of the forwards currently on the roster...

A lineup with Schaller in it is weaker than the same lineup with Baer in it. 

I would say that depends on what you have them doing. I wouldn't put Schaller in a scoring role and I wouldn't put Baertschi in a checking role. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I would say that depends on what you have them doing. I wouldn't put Schaller in a scoring role and I wouldn't put Baertschi in a checking role. 

Schaller isn't good in either role. The idea that you bottom 6 has to be filled only with defensive-minded (read: offensively inept) forwards is dead... or at least needs to die in the minds of some coaches.

• Cheers 1