The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Well in fairness, I think we can all agree that him sitting in the press box, bonding with Eriksson is a waste of time. Now if he had a regular spot on wing on the third line...

As of right now he doesn't appear to be bumping Leivo or Virtanen though. Benning's got some more bodies to clear by the time Roussel gets back.

Still practicing against nhlers. This couod be one of those matchup things where he gets played against pther style teams. 

Im bot worried and i dont think a game in the box is a bad thing so long as its in moderation.

Stawns is just trying ti create panic as he didnt get his way.

Edited by 73 Percent

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That's a really good point about Utica.  Having Schaller and Loui play third and fourth line in Utica (or sit in the press box) will not impact our young prospects' development.  Having Baer and Goldy does.  JB said Baer and Goldy must play top six.  This whole scenario seems like a big mess.  Utica will clearly be a better team (in the short term) and win more games, but what about the development of our young guys?  

From my observations Utica gifts the prospects minutes that if winning was the main goal would otherwise not get the time.  OJ is a perfect example - gets on the PP right away and displaced Brisbois - who was obviously the better player most games.   I’m not too worried about Bear and Goldy down there - they will get their time for sure - but other then Lind and later Madden, who do we have in the system that’s going to lose out?  Podz and Hogs aren’t there yet.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Still practicing against nhlers. This couod be one of those matchup things where he gets played against pther style teams. 

Im bot worried and i dont think a game in the box is a bad thing so long as its in moderation.

Stawns is just trying ti create panic as he didnt get his way.

Yeah as I posted elsewhere, I can see us rotating Leivo/Virtanen/Gaudette on Sutter's two wings until Roussel gets back. And I'm fine with that as long as he's seeing at least as much play time as press box. If he's not though...

And when Roussel gets back, things are going to get might uncomfortable for a couple guys...

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

practice ...Gaudette rotating in for Virtanen on the 3rd line. #Canucks

Jake can't assume because our RW depth is weak that he stays in the lineup...

#greenmotivatingjake

he gets a lot more practice in Utica than he does in Van once the games start.

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Time to call up Baertschi lol

But serously, I guess Schaller fills in until Motte gets back.

They can't - less than 170K in cap space unless they put Roussel on LTIR but that might just create more issues in case of injuries later in the season.  

Edited by mll