Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm very happy that the boys cleared waivers, I did not want to lose any of them. It will be very interesting to see what Goldy does down there, if he lets the demotion get the better of him or works his ass off to get back in the league. I have no doubt we will see Sven again. Not long now boys :canucks::emot-parrot::canucks:

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Yeah, you deserve a little flack for that comment....lol

I know  what you mean, a captain has to be able to lead by example, and be able one that all look up to.

Pettersson, would be a great Captain, as his skill and dedication are exemplary, his focus crazy

But to Bo credit, he is much the same, with a more robust style of play that gets a lot of attention around the league

He will make a great Captain, as Petey will make a  great assistant Captain

I don't think you could go wrong either way, it is just that Bo has been leading by example for some time here

I think he has the fellas confidence

Just my opinion of course

Enjoy your roasting......better you than me!

I agree with snapshot 85.

this place is full of catchphrases like Leading By Example.

What example has Bo shown? 

Shapshot 85 has given an example of non-leadership or would you prefer to call it Sedin-leadership... punch me again leadership

What is an example of Bo's leadership that puts him at the head of the team?

 

Personally I'd prefer 2 years of Beagle, then re-assess

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Bo has been given a lot of different players to play with, no consistency, yet does he complain?  Nope.  He's asked to play in all situations.  First it was offense.  He improves his offensive game.  Oh no injuries have hit.  We need you to be our defensive shutdown guy.  No worries, he does that too, while getting points.  Oh we need you to take all the important faceoffs.  No problem, Bo will just lead the NHL in that category while also winning most of them.  Bo just goes out and does what a leader does, by being an example.  Bo shows a work ethic, and improves his game every single year.  Bo is counted on in every situation.  If that's not a leader, I don't know what is.  I doubt Travis Green will be leaning on EP to play defensively as much as Bo.  Even teammates call him Cap already.  He's got the respect of management, coaches, and most of all his teammates, and most of us fans also.  

 

Bo is Captain Canuck, and it will be well deserved!

yup and it's pretty clear that the players look at him as the leader, and that's really what counts.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snapshot85 said:

Lol you made me laugh!!

 

I'm.not anti horvat! I think hes a great player....I just dont think he should be our captian

Thank god you don't work in pro sports...or any sports!!!   ::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rush17 said:

When it comes to the playoffs 

 

I'd rather have Pearson over Baer. NHL playoff xp, size, grit. Playoff scoring.

 

We are a more playoff like team now. Need size and skill to win. We got both

1st we need to get to the playoff lol if we are playing a playoff type of hockey from oct all the way to april i think we'd wear out well before we even make it to the TDL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Twitter GMs have shut the &^@# up for the the time being until they figure out a new angle to be mad about. 

 

I imagine they'll move on to complaining about the captaincy. Not who gets it, mind you, but the timing of the announcement. 

Well I for one will admit to being wrong about Baer not clearing....maybe.....he may still need to clear re-entry waivers ...which is when teams that want him would wait until to take him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Are you talking about the same Bo? Because we’re talking about Bo

Horvat, who plays for the Vancouver Canucks.

THe problemI see with Bo Horvat who plays for the Canucks is that he was ushered into the league under Sedin/Willie/ Green tutledge. YOu can add Trevor and Jim to that list. Pasicifists every one.

It is 6 years since Torts was brought in to create a culture change, but the Sedin culturer outlived the Torts culture and the Horvat culture looks not different than the Sedin culture. So where is the change?

In the last 6 years there have been a small handful of aggressive players,Sestito, Dorsett, Beagle, Roussell and hopefully Ferland. Ferland is the only one able to play up the line up. And then there is Schaller, Ericksson, Goldy, Hutton and Virtanen, where is the leadership driving those players to buy in and greatness? 

 

I was on Bo's side for a whole but the longer it goes the less likely I think he is capable of creating a new culture of "all for one and one for all"

It seems like Justin Willaims could go into Carolina last year a create a winning culture over night

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If theres one player on the Nucks roster I'd go into battle with, itd be Bo Horvat.  For those that are suggesting he isnt captain material.. You have got to be kidding me. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Bo has been given a lot of different players to play with, no consistency, yet does he complain?  Nope.  He's asked to play in all situations.  First it was offense.  He improves his offensive game.  Oh no injuries have hit.  We need you to be our defensive shutdown guy.  No worries, he does that too, while getting points.  Oh we need you to take all the important faceoffs.  No problem, Bo will just lead the NHL in that category while also winning most of them.  Bo just goes out and does what a leader does, by being an example.  Bo shows a work ethic, and improves his game every single year.  Bo is counted on in every situation.  If that's not a leader, I don't know what is.  I doubt Travis Green will be leaning on EP to play defensively as much as Bo.  Even teammates call him Cap already.  He's got the respect of management, coaches, and most of all his teammates, and most of us fans also.  

 

Bo is Captain Canuck, and it will be well deserved!

hear, hear.

It's a slam dunk for 53

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Thank god you don't work in pro sports...or any sports!!!   ::D

Hey, you dont know me... you have no idea what I do for a living.... what my experiance in hockey has been. Just because I differ from popular opinion does not make it incorrect. The truth is just because you guys are all championing horvat as captian doesn't make it the only or best option. Other players could do just as well in the roll...or we could remain without one until someone is ready. I know u think bos the guy but I do not. Doesn't make me poor at evaluating sports for a diffrent opinion. 

 

Cheers

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Well I for one will admit to being wrong about Baer not clearing....maybe.....he may still need to clear re-entry waivers ...which is when teams that want him would wait until to take him...

Don't exist.

 

Try to keep up with the rest of the class.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Hey, you dont know me... you have no idea what I do for a living.... what my experiance in hockey has been. Just because I differ from popular opinion does not make it incorrect. The truth is just because you guys are all championing horvat as captian doesn't make it the only or best option. Other players could do just as well in the roll...or we could remain without one until someone is ready. I know u think bos the guy but I do not. Doesn't make me poor at evaluating sports for a diffrent opinion. 

 

Cheers

It sort of does make you poor at evaluating if you think you know more than Benning and Green. 

Bo is the type of player you would kill to have on your line.  He will take the fight to the other team every single shift.  That is what a captain does. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bo's also a good interview, and when the tough losses occur, he'll be there taking responsibility and answering their questions. Is Edler going to do that? Heck no. And Pettersson doesn't deserve to be under fire like that. Not yet anyway. Bo's going to be a great captain. His work ethic and determination, he'll carry this team to the Cup if he has to.  

  • Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.