Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

what does the training camp/pre season schedule look like?

As far as I know..

 

Main Camp Schedule (subject to change)

 

September 12, 2019:

9:30 am, Norm Jewison Media Room, Media Availability

 

September 13, 2019:

8:00 am, 9:00 am - 3:15 pm, Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, On-Ice

 

September 14, 2019:

9:00 am - 2:30 pm, 10:10 am - 11:00 am, Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, On-Ice

 

September 15, 2019:

9:00 am, 10:00 am - 3:15 pm, 11:10 am - 12:00 pm, Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, On-Ice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 7:35 PM, King Heffy said:

Beagle should wear a letter this year IMO.  His leadership is very underrated because of the role he plays on the team.

Sorry but can't agree with you one bit on this. There's guys that have done much more than Jay has to deserve it. Here's to hoping he actually has a good season... But so far he's done almost nothing as a Canuck. 

 

This is the world's most iconic sporting franchise, u can't just hand out letters. 

 

Bo Edler Brock Petey are guys that deserve letters. 

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really liking the D depth this team has now. Broken D down the stretch has been a thorn for this team. Seemed every year in Jan and Feb, Tanev and Edler are out with injuries, and the team has had to rely on Biega and Stecher playing big minutes to make up for the loss of those two. Tryamkin might also be with the team later in the year, and that would be great for their playoff push.  

 

Starters:

 

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Fantenberg

 

...and Call-ups:

 

Juolevi - Biega

Sautner - Rafferty

Teves - Chatfield

Brisebois

 

...in Development:

 

Tryamkin - Woo

Rathbone - Eliot

Utunen

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apollo said:

Sorry but can't agree with you one bit on this. There's guys that have done much more than Jay has to deserve it. Here's to hoping he actually has a good season... But so far he's done almost nothing as a Canuck. 

 

This is the world's most iconic sporting franchise, u can't just hand out letters. 

 

Bo Edler Brock Petey are guys that deserve letters. 

What do you mean have done much more? The letters are more for show amongst who the leadership group is. They end up doing ceremonial events and what not, but most importantly, there are the ones that are generally allowed to talk to officials. He's a level headed veteran of the league who exemplifies hard work and perseverance. I'd have no problem with Beagle having a letter.

 

The star players don't have to be the ones wearing the letters. Petey will get an A at some point in his career, but next year is unlikely. Still feel like Bo will be captain of the team.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

What do you mean have done much more? The letters are more for show amongst who the leadership group is. They end up doing ceremonial events and what not, but most importantly, there are the ones that are generally allowed to talk to officials. He's a level headed veteran of the league who exemplifies hard work and perseverance. I'd have no problem with Beagle having a letter.

 

The star players don't have to be the ones wearing the letters. Petey will get an A at some point in his career, but next year is unlikely. Still feel like Bo will be captain of the team.

I have no problem with character guys becoming captains or assistants... But Jay has played 57 games here and has 13 points... I need a little more long gevity if we're giving an A to a character guy. 

 

There's many more guys I'd have ahead of him. Seniority at a franchise is a key factor for me and 57 games and 13 points doesn't cut it. 

 

I'd even give an a to Sven or Sutter tanev, etc... 

 

This all being said I think we acquired 3 assistant captain material guys in benn Myers and ferland. I expect they'll all wear an A at some point in their long and successful Canucks careers. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, apollo said:

I have no problem with character guys becoming captains or assistants... But Jay has played 57 games here and has 13 points... I need a little more long gevity if we're giving an A to a character guy. 

 

There's many more guys I'd have ahead of him. Seniority at a franchise is a key factor for me and 57 games and 13 points doesn't cut it. 

 

I'd even give an a to Sven or Sutter tanev, etc... 

 

This all being said I think we acquired 3 assistant captain material guys in benn Myers and ferland. I expect they'll all wear an A at some point in their long and successful Canucks careers. 

 

One of the big things about why we signed Beagle was because of his leadership. Points don't matter to me and shouldn't matter when giving out the letters. The games played as a Canuck, I get it, but he's a veteran in the league and has a lot that he can instill to the group (of course could be done with or without a letter). But just because (if) Beagle gets an A this coming season doesn't mean he's locked into it forever. He's just another placeholder for a letter until EP is ready.

 

Edler is a lock. Sutter and Tanev have had A's before, but who knows how long they'll be here beyond this season. Beagle could be around for another 3 more seasons (and I think has worn an A when injuries piled up). Sven is a great guy, but not letter worthy for me. I have a similar feeling for Brock, which is not a knock against him, but I just don't view him as that type.

 

Benn won't be around long enough IMO, but could be should injuries pile up. Myers and Ferland are maybes, but can't see Ferland being the type of guy that deals with the officials. Might as well throw Miller in the ring as well, but these are all guys that are completely new to the team, so will take some time to get their under your criteria of games played. So in the meantime, Beagle could/should very well be a candidate for a letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any rookie games this year? Edmonton and Calgary had one tonight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mpt said:

Any rookie games this year? Edmonton and Calgary had one tonight 

Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 1:20 PM, PuckFather said:

I hate the cold & rain, short days and long nights, but I love hockey! So bring on the rain, the cold and the long nights!

Cold?  Try Prince George for a winter, makes your cold look like T-shirt weather...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.