The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

There is someone taking high quality video of the game though. It shouldn't be an either or thing. The Canucks have their own youtube channel. It just seems lazy to not be streaming the video if they're shooting the game to piece together highlights for their website.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/camp--day-2-scrimmage-highlights/t-277437438/c-68851103

Agreed. There are season streaming was pretty poor last year too.

Edited by Knucklehd
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Knucklehd said:

Alright! Good morning CDC, got my coffee and my seat, let's bring on Day 3!

Expecting a good tempo from group A again today, interested to see who is in it. 

Marky and DiPietro out with the goalie coaches today.

DiPietro hasn't looked bad this camp, haven't noticed him alot but he isn't as small as I thought.  

Thanks again for the updates! Looking forward to reading them and not these silly arguments.  Go Canucks Go!

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

We need 2 CDC's....

One for the whiner's and complainers and people that can't respond to others without calling them dumb or getting into hissy fit's...

...and one for the half dozen of us ( or so it seems ) that try to be civil about our opinions....

...page after page of calling each other out over nada....

Thankfully at least I have a life outside of here....

The whiners and complainers one is HFBoards. CDC is manageable, there's no perfect world unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

For sure, he has done well, needs to close the holes a little, pucks seem to slip through him, but great athleticism.

It's extra tough in 5-0 drills though, because you can't count on the D to take away the pass so you can focus on the shooter.

I'm enjoying these 5-5 drills now.  More realistic.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

It's extra tough in 5-0 drills though, because you can't count on the D to take away the pass so you can focus on the shooter.

I'm enjoying these 5-5 drills now.  More realistic.

Very true, and not trying to pick on him, but the same traits were shown when working with the coaches earlier.  Honestly should probably be expected, otherwise he would be a regular on the big club.

Edited by Knucklehd

1 minute ago, Knucklehd said:

Very true, and not trying to pick on him, but the same traits were shown when working with the coaches earlier.

Despite that, I still think he's miles ahead of most goalies his age.  I think he's going to be a real gem as he matures and refines his game.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yeah, it sucks that we have fans showing up to games. If only we we played to empty arenas every night and had to worry about the future of our franchise year after year.

Not sure why I'm quoted here. That wasn't me that said that.

Juolevi was slow getting up after a battle drill with Bailey I believe it was. Sutter was next up for the drill and gave him a gentle push to help him glide out if the battle zone area.

Juolevi has fallen a few times now and was a touch slow to get up on that last one. Could be conditioning or the knee hard to say. He looked pretty tired after the drill.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, apollo said:

Canucks Sports Entertainment barely does $&!# compared to all other teams in terms of fan engagement. Detroit is one of the world's biggest dumps and they know they have to try extra hard to build hype around their team. Sadly no matter how poorly we engage our fans, our arena will still pretty much sell out. 

Detroit, or any other American team generally does more for coverage. 

And I'm not even mentioning how bad our pre game and post game coverage is... That's on Roger's tho and not CSE. 

It's a shame but it is what it is. 

The organization needs a president that actually pushes for things like this to engage fans. 

I wonder if it could be contract restrictions.  Sportsnet doesn’t want to do a tv broadcast and doesn’t want attention drawn from their radio coverage.

Edited by gttxc
Grammar, spelling, being dumb
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Juolevi was slow getting up after a battle drill with Bailey I believe it was. Sutter was next up for the drill and gave him a gentle push to help him glide out if the battle zone area.

Juolevi has fallen a few times now and was a touch slow to get up on that last one. Could be conditioning or the knee hard to say. He looked pretty tired after the drill.

Yup definitely not up to par.  Again, hard to say why.

A year in Utica will be perfect for him.

Edited by Knucklehd
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2