The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He still looks a ways off from being an NHL'er but he's MILES closer than he was last year!

I liked Lind's game yesterday as well. He looks bigger, kept up with the pace, had some chances to playmake etc. Gadj had a couple of good shifts, but his skating is going to keep him from making the bigs, if he doesn't improve that. I'm not as high as some regarding DiPietro. I like his compete and battle, but he's smallfor a goalie and has to play extremely athletic to make some saves. Gotta be honest, I don't think he ends up playing for the Canucks when it's all said and done, with Kielly and Silovs developing. I thought Teves and Rafferty played well, Brisebois was pretty good. Gaudette looks like a better player. 

I was at the game last night and I wasn't impressed by Kole Lind. Not sure if he is lacking confidence due to his slow professional start, but he kept losing the puck and really couldn't get his shots through, which should be his bread and butter. Of course, it's one game but he had a tough time adapting to the pros last season. Gadjovich didn't stand out last night and neither did Jasek. Bailey looked good in training camp but he also looked pretty lacklustre last night. I guess the whole team did but I hoping to see something from these guys...

Edit: One more thing. Brisebois had a great game on both ends.

Edited by 250Integra

16 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

I was at the game last night and I wasn't impressed by Kole Lind. Not sure if he is lacking confidence due to his slow professional start, but he kept losing the puck and really couldn't get his shots through, which should be his bread and butter. Of course, it's one game but he had a tough time adapting to the pros last season. Gadjovich didn't stand out last night and neither did Jasek. Bailey looked good in training camp but he also looked pretty lacklustre last night. I guess the whole team did but I hoping to see something from these guys...

I still think Brisebois needs to add on some more muscle, looked like he was struggling to handle guys in front of the net. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Per Her Son said:

Disagree, I saw Kole working hard, getting in good positions, making plays. He's not Nhl ready yet but hes gonna have a breakout year in the ahl.

I also noticed Bailey immediately, he's fast and he's big. 

Bailey skates incredibly well for a big guy too.  At camp he was well ahead of his group during the bagskate.  His skating was effortless.  Conditioning was A+ as well.  He impressed for sure.

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Per Her Son said:

Disagree, I saw Kole working hard, getting in good positions, making plays. He's not Nhl ready yet but hes gonna have a breakout year in the ahl.

I also noticed Bailey immediately, he's fast and he's big. 

15 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Bailey skates incredibly well for a big guy too.  At camp he was well ahead of his group during the bagskate.  His skating was effortless.  Conditioning was A+ as well.  He impressed for sure.

Camp's dark horse for sure. He's got all the tools, he just needs to put it together, consistently at this level.

Rafferty has a lot of offensive potential, he tries to do to much sometimes but he can make stretch passes among the best on our roster. Hope he stays for most of preseason, had a good ahl year with some fill in games here and there

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Camp's dark horse for sure. He's got all the tools, he just needs to put it together, consistently at this level.

Ya he does look very good, I dont think their will be any surprises from camp this year on the opening day roster though. We would have to waive 2 of Goldobin, Motte, and Eriksson. Thats assuming Gaudette starts in the minors too, final cuts are going to be brutal this year. Great candidate for Fourth line call up as soon as injuries hit though. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Ya he does look very good, I dont think their will be any surprises from camp this year on the opening day roster though. We would have to waive 2 of Goldobin, Motte, and Eriksson. Thats assuming Gaudette starts in the minors too, final cuts are going to be brutal this year. Great candidate for Fourth line call up as soon as injuries hit though. 

Yup, or allow us to make further trades should he show well.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yup, or allow us to make further trades should he show well.

Hopefully Benning can trade a warm body out, its a tough time to pull off trades during camp. I think we will be forced to start with 14 forwards. Goldobin may be the odd man out. 

Ferland - Petey - Boeser

Sven - Bo - Miller

Pearson - Sutter - Virtanen

Erikkson - Beagle - Leivo

Spares: Motte, Goldobin

Is how I see it playing out

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Hopefully Benning can trade a warm body out, its a tough time to pull off trades during camp. I think we will be forced to start with 14 forwards. Goldobin may be the odd man out. 

Even if a guy like Bailey's in Utica for a few weeks, it's not the end of the world. Team's will get injuries and want bodies to restore depth.

I still think we'll stick with our usual 13F, 8D but Goldobin and Schaller could certainly be waived followed by Eriksson when Roussel's back.

Edited by aGENT

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Even if a guy like Bailey's in Utica for a few weeks, it's not the end of the world. Team's will get injuries and want bodies to restore depth.

I still think we'll stick with our usual 14F, 8D but Goldobin and Schaller could certainly be waived followed by Eriksson when Roussel's back.

If we go 14 F we can only go 7 D so we will see, usually we go 13 F and 8 D. 

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

I thought Lind was one of the very few decent forwards last night. I liked his game, he tried to do too much at times and then got into trouble but I kind of got the impression that was because his linemates were absolute no-shows. I was getting annoyed that green wasn't putting the few guys that were going together.

12 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Ferland - Petey - Boeser

Sven - Bo - Miller

Why would you move Pearson off of Bo's wing when they tore it up?

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Ferland - Petey - Boeser

Sven - Bo - Miller

Of course the only problem with this is you have left Gaudette off.     

13 minutes ago, samurai said:

Of course the only problem with this is you have left Gaudette off.     

9 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Top Utica minutes I assume? Rather send Loui down and Keep Gaudette

Just because he is waiver exempt, without injury the only other option is waiving both goldobin and motte.