The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Top Utica minutes I assume? Rather send Loui down and Keep Gaudette

He is good enough to make the team.  Sending a guy down for the wrong reasons is the wrong message.  Who knows perhaps he doesn't have a good camp and that ends up being the reason, but anything less than that is not good at all.   My hunch is he will have a good camp and therefore have to be on the team or the Nucks will end up losing him. Nobody wants to play for a team that gives you the shaft.

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Just because he is waiver exempt, without injury the only other option is waiving both goldobin and motte. 

To be determined about whether he has a good camp.  But if he does (my believe is he does) then you can send him down because that is shafting him.  Hey, you should be on the team but your contract allows us to send you down so we are going to do that.  First chance he gets he will be leaving the team.   Gaudette for me was one of the few young Canucks that actually got better as the season went on.  And so far in camp he looks good.  

On 9/4/2019 at 2:36 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Assigned

September 17, 2019:

Carter Bancks, Forward, Utica Comets (AHL)

Dylan Blujus, Defenceman, Utica Comets (AHL)

Carter Camper, Forward, Utica Comets (AHL)

Mitch Eliot, Defenceman, Utica Comets (AHL)

Carson Focht, Forward, Calgary Hitmen (WHL)

Zach Frye, Defenceman, Utica Comets (AHL)

Tanner Sorenson, Forward, Utica Comets (AHL)

Wacey Hamilton, Forward, Utica Comets (AHL)

Ethan Keppen, Forward, Flint Firebirds (OHL)

Jake Kielly, Goaltender, Utica Comets (AHL)

Stefan Leblanc, Defenceman, Utica Comets (AHL)

Matt Petgrave, Defenceman, Utica Comets (AHL)

Dylan Sadowy, Forward, Utica Comets (AHL)

Arturs Silvos, Goaltender, HC Riga (MHL)

Dyson Stevenson, Forward, Utica Comets (AHL)

Aaron Throw, Defenceman, Utica Comets (AHL)

Jett Woo, Defenceman, Calgary Hitmen (WHL)

Wasn't Silovs playing in the OHL this season? I thought some kind of transfer was approved

Edited by Where's Wellwood
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Ferland Pettersson Boesser 

Baertchi Horvat Miller

Pearson Sutter Virtanen 

Leivo Beagle Motte 

Yes looking like it's time to move on from Goldy. No time to develop another Baertschi type. We have to many guys now & coming. 

Trade him with Eriksson + Gadjovich for a draft pick. (retain some of LE $)? whatever it takes...

Ferland  Pettey  Boeser

Miller   Horvat   Leivo

Pearson Sutter Virtanen

Motte  Beagle  MacEwan

Baertschi

Gaudette

Hughes  Myers

Edler     Tanev

Benn    Stecher

Fantenberg

Juolevi 

Markstrom

Demko

:canucks:Stacked with depth :canucks:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  To keep Motte and Goldy, Loui needs to go.  Other than Loui, I think our guys get claimed off waivers.  

That's only if they decide they absolutely have to have 8 D instead of 14 forwards.  If they go with the 14 forwards though, they can send down/waive both Biega and Schaller, and keep Eriksson, Goldobin and Fantenberg as their extras (or possibly swap Eriksson for Schaller, if he looks good enough in preseason).  Gaudette would have to be demoted to Utica too.

13 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Ya he does look very good, I dont think their will be any surprises from camp this year on the opening day roster though. We would have to waive 2 of Goldobin, Motte, and Eriksson. Thats assuming Gaudette starts in the minors too, final cuts are going to be brutal this year. Great candidate for Fourth line call up as soon as injuries hit though. 

We could waive Schaller and keep Eriksson for the PK (if he can show enough on an our improved team we might find a way to move him). I think Gaudette needs more seasoning and time to get bigger and stronger - he gets bounced a lot. First recall as far as I'm concerned should be MacEwen (if we need a forward), Rafferty if we need a defenceman - lets give Juolevi more time to get strong again after being out so long.

3 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

We could waive Schaller and keep Eriksson for the PK (if he can show enough on an our improved team we might find a way to move him). I think Gaudette needs more seasoning and time to get bigger and stronger - he gets bounced a lot. First recall as far as I'm concerned should be MacEwen (if we need a forward), Rafferty if we need a defenceman - lets give Juolevi more time to get strong again after being out so long.

I was already assuming Schaller is getting waived for sure, Eriksson>Schaller. 

15 hours ago, samurai said:

He is good enough to make the team.  Sending a guy down for the wrong reasons is the wrong message.  Who knows perhaps he doesn't have a good camp and that ends up being the reason, but anything less than that is not good at all.   My hunch is he will have a good camp and therefore have to be on the team or the Nucks will end up losing him. Nobody wants to play for a team that gives you the shaft.

No he isn't. 

To be determined about whether he has a good camp.  But if he does (my believe is he does) then you can send him down because that is shafting him.  Hey, you should be on the team but your contract allows us to send you down so we are going to do that.  First chance he gets he will be leaving the team.   Gaudette for me was one of the few young Canucks that actually got better as the season went on.  And so far in camp he looks good.  

He might have to beat out Pearson, Sutter, or Virtanen for a spot ont the third line. I dont think he has done that yet, no harm sending him down for a few games at the start of season.

Sutter has looked healthy and really good so far at camp.  

Edited by Bure_Pavel

He is good enough to make the team. 

That's a pretty big assumption. He's likely still good enough to play in the NHL...it just might not be here, given our improved depth.

My guess is that he's at least got the 13th F spot until Roussel's back. After that though, he's in a very precarious position without further injuries or trades. With everyone healthy is likely our 14th best F and that's without any of Goldy, Gaudette, Bailey, MacEwan etc outplaying him and pushing him even further down the depth chart.