[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

good hockey players gonna get cut

we have a good team now

I know what you mean, and I gave you an up vote, because I agree with you

But let us not lie here...….

The guys we will lose will be 4rth liners at best...….

That is the way it goes, the bottom always pays the cost

What it does do is lessen our depth

for those we can not protect, which is why Gaudette will most likely go down

If Benning can not move any players

My guess is Schaller and Gaudette go down, which is 2 million

Eriksson would go down, if and when Roussel comes back

if Baertschi isn't moved beforehand

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Miller

Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Eriksson

Motte

I could see Baer and Pearson swapping spots depending on the opponent / who’s hot.  Surprisingly  deep team considering some of the AHL squads we’ve iced in recent memory.  

Yup...….agree with you

until Roussel comes back

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

Canucks are getting close to matching up to the Canuck 2010/11 team.

This New Roster isnt that far off IMO....it’s pretty solid.

I think we have more depth and pure skill up front than the 2010/11 team.  (even with the Sedins)  I honestly can't remember us having this much quality depth on the wings.   

The 2010/11 defense was a lot deeper than the current one though. 

20 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Could be a thread topic. Let's see:

Petey      Henrik

Boes.      Daniel

Horvat.   Kesler

Miller.     Samuelsson

Ferland.  Burrows

Baertschi Raymond

Pearson Hansen

Sutter  Malhotra

Virtanen. Torres

Eriksson  Tambellini

Beagle.   Higgins

Leivo.    Glass

Edler.   Edler

Meyers. Salo

Tanev  Tanev

Hughes  Ehrhoff

Benn. Bieksa

Stecher. Rome

Markstrom. Luongo

Demko.   Schneider

In my opinion the D is not as good nor is the goaltending. But an argument could be made that the forwards are not that far off. 

Yea d or goaltender isn't close. Kesler vs Bo isn't close either as of yet. And I love Bo.

Bo is growing though. 

5 hours ago, the grinder said:

being waiting for loui to bounce back for 3 years now ,  loui has had chances for 3 years 2 different coaches  played up and down the lineup   made his comments in the media ,, 32 goals in 3 years , 3 hits in a year  , stellar -11 for the defensive star ,  and you expect fans to be happy about that  ?   good thing you brought up messier because loui is just as bad as messier skating around putting in some half assed effort collecting his large paycheck ,  

sure loui  has better skills than some players but effort wise , it is the effort or drive that just isn't there anymore  , it is like I got my last big payday , all I have to do is just enough to get bought out  , all those lil things . 

Just like messier when he first arrived . oh great signing , the missing piece , we are stacked ,3 years later  the worse canuck in history  ,, well it has been 3years for loui  so fans have every right to call him out 

Call him out all you want, the point is if he was getting paid 1-2 nobody would he talking about this, and most would be happy to have him in the lineup killing penalties and playing against the best competition in his own zone.   Both Leivo and Godlobin were gifted PP time and juicy assignments last season - but couldn’t produce more then LE in the same role, not that he’s been given much of the same - but Pearson seemed to like him on his line  ...  As an aside Messier produced close to a PPG as a 36 year old on some bad teams (after exodus)  - but it might have been the biggest mistake this franchise ever made.  That and hiring Keenan.   If he accepted a second line role and an A and fell in line behind Linden that team could have won some cups (especially if Bure was re-signed and not treated the way he was by management cheating out with their offer).   

Go ahead and spread the hate all you want - maybe make something on a cardboard sign and get on TV too.   Just don’t find it very classy - it’s no like he’s in the top six, mostly only the fourth line last year.  Yet somehow he’s supposed to get fifty points right?

• Upvote 1

Rousell is better than Ruutu or Lapierre. 

Tambellini ? He played in the 80’s no?

24 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Petey      Henrik

Boes.      Daniel

Horvat.   Kesler

Miller.     Samuelsson

Ferland.  Burrows

Baertschi Raymond

Pearson Hansen

Sutter  Malhotra

Virtanen. Torres

Eriksson  Tambellini

Beagle.   Higgins

Leivo.    Glass

Edler.   Edler

Meyers. Salo

Tanev  Tanev

Hughes  Ehrhoff

Benn. Bieksa

Stecher. Rome

Markstrom. Luongo

Demko.   Schneider

In my opinion the D is not as good nor is the goaltending. But an argument could be made that the forwards are not that far off. 

Ruutu played for Vcr in the early 2000s. Jeff Tambellini played 62 games for the 2010/11 canucks. Yes you could add Lapierre he played 19 reg season games and playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Rousell is better than Ruutu or Lapierre. 

Tambellini ? He played in the 80’s no?

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

Canucks are getting close to matching up to the Canuck 2010/11 team.

This New Roster isnt that far off IMO....it’s pretty solid.

52 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Petey      Henrik

Boes.      Daniel

Horvat.   Kesler

Miller.     Samuelsson

Ferland.  Burrows

Baertschi Raymond

Pearson Hansen

Sutter  Malhotra

Virtanen. Torres

Eriksson  Tambellini

Beagle.   Higgins

Leivo.    Glass

Edler.   Edler

Meyers. Salo

Tanev  Tanev

Hughes  Ehrhoff

Benn. Bieksa

Stecher. Rome

Markstrom. Luongo

Demko.   Schneider

51 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I think we have more depth and pure skill up front than the 2010/11 team.  (even with the Sedins)  I honestly can't remember us having this much quality depth on the wings.   

The 2010/11 defense was a lot deeper than the current one though. 

Whoa Guys  pump the breaks please.

I'm excited as heck about this season ... and I think we have a great team ... I think we have a solid shot at the playoffs and heck even a chance at the cup... I mean if St Louis can do it right?

But please dont kid yourselves. 

In 2010-11 Daniel had 104 points

Henrik had 94 points.

In 18-19 Pettersson had 66 points 

Boeser        had 56 points

I mean I dont even care full the sedins...but they guys were skilled as heck. Daniel won the scoring title that year... I mean that's a whopping 76 point diffrence between the 2 sets of stars .... that diffrence is more than Ep40 got last year.

I mean then if you touch on the goalies. Stat wise Lou is one of the best goaltenders to play the game. Him and Schneider had a save % that season of .929 and .928%. Marky is playing great.... but hes not Lou. Him and Demko were at .912 and .913... in goalie stats that's worłds apart. 

I'm not even going to dive into bo and Kessler. .

Long and short of it is we got a good team guys.... but put things into perspective...... 

Cheers

Edited by Snapshot85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Whoa Guys  pump the breaks please.

I'm excited as heck about this season ... and I think we have a great team ... I think we have a solid shot at the playoffs and heck even a chance at the cup... I mean if St Louis can do it right?

But please dont kid yourselves. 

In 2010-11 Daniel had 104 points

Henrik had 94 points.

In 18-29 Pettersson had 66 points 

Boeser        had 56 points

I mean I dont even care full the sedins...but they guys were skilled as heck. Daniel won the scoring title that year... I mean that's a whopping 76 point diffrence between the 2 sets of stars .... that diffrence is more than Ep40 got last year.

I mean then if you touch on the goalies. Stat wise Lou is one of the best goaltenders to play the game. Him and Schneider had a save % that season of .929 and .928%. Marky is playing great.... but hes not Lou. Him and Demko were at .912 and .913... in goalie stats that's worłds apart. 

I'm not even going to dive into bo and Kessler. .

Long and short of it is we got a good team guys.... but put things into perspective...... 

Cheers

Why don't you read the post.  I've put up the comparables and concluded that the D and Goalies are not nearly as good and that an argument can be made that the forwards are getting close which on balance is true.

Cmon partner.  

46 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Petey    <  Henrik

Boes.   <   Daniel

Horvat. <  Kesler

Miller.   >  Samuelsson

Ferland. < Burrows

Baertschi = Raymond

Pearson = Hansen

Sutter  < Malhotra

Virtanen > Torres

Eriksson  > Tambellini

Beagle. <  Higgins

Leivo.  >  Glass

Roussel > Lapierre

Edler. <  Edler

Meyers.< Salo

Tanev > Tanev

Hughes < Ehrhoff

Benn.< Bieksa

Stecher. > Rome

Markstrom <. Luongo

Demko.  < Schneider

In my opinion the D is not nearly as good nor is the goaltending. But an argument could be made that the forwards are not that far off. 

13 wins for the cup run team, 6 wins for the current team. Two I can't decide on.

Honestly, as much as I like the looks of the current roster, the 2011 team handily wins. The defense was super solid, the high end forwards were putting up monster points, and the goaltending was lights out. I think the only way that the current team may have a minor edge is in offensive depth throughout the bottom two lines, although that offensive depth may open the higher end forwards up a bit more. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

13 wins for the cup run team, 6 wins for the current team. Two I can't decide on.

Honestly, as much as I like the looks of the current roster, the 2011 team handily wins. The defense was super solid, the high end forwards were putting up monster points, and the goaltending was lights out. I think the only way that the current team may have a minor edge is in offensive depth throughout the bottom two lines, although that offensive depth may open the higher end forwards up a bit more. 

Fair enough but again. When I posted this I said the D and Goalies are not as good. I said an argument can be made that the forwards are getting close.  By your count you have 5 better new 2 ties and 6 better old forwards. Lol. Almost exactly what I said