The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A heavier, in shape Pettersson Hope's to develope chemistry with Michael Ferlund the destroyer

Rate this topic

cuporbust

10 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Honestly I dont think his fighting skills are the thing fans should zero in on. Hes not "that" guy. What 

I want from Ferland is feisty play and hard on bodies in our own zone. IF he gets 20 goals great but 

IF he were to bring that fire every night, and help change the compete level in the room im fine with that too.

We needed a skilled physical winger . Because we have not had much pushback in the past, I see his fighting ability as something to mention ;Especially seeing as he is also a legit top six player to boot . 6 fights is a decent number for someone who is "not that guy".  There is absolutely no reason he can't be a similar player to what lucic was in his prime . fighting and intimidation was a legit part of what made lucic so vauble.

Edited by cuporbust
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

All of Pettersson’s summer can be summed up by “work ethic”. The guy’s going to make me reach for him come this year’s fantasy draft, isn’t he?

I was planning on taking him in the third round last year but someone decided to take him with their first pick :picard:

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

I was planning on taking him in the third round last year but someone decided to take him with their first pick :picard:

Wow. Talk about a homer lol.

I took him in the 5th and got clowned for a reach pick then.

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Cheers 1

While we are all hopeful that Ferland sticks on the top line, we shouldn't be overly disappointed if he ends up on second or even just as likely the third line.  

I hope that EP makes him into a 25 goal scorer next year, however we should also be realistic.