The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A heavier, in shape Pettersson Hope's to develope chemistry with Michael Ferlund the destroyer

Rate this topic

cuporbust

7 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

All of Pettersson’s summer can be summed up by “work ethic”. The guy’s going to make me reach for him come this year’s fantasy draft, isn’t he?

I traded him and QHughes away and I feel terrible about it.

Thought the best sequence was the hit on Tyson Jost... Maybe just maybe this could be the tricker to get Virtanen to run like a wrecking ball as well... 

Both players capable of 15-20 goals but its the physical play that could give us the edge...

Really looking forward to us being more physical again.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Thought the best sequence was the hit on Tyson Jost... Maybe just maybe this could be the tricker to get Virtanen to run like a wrecking ball as well... 

Both players capable of 15-20 goals but its the physical play that could give us the edge...

I think it's a matter of nature. Ferland grew up scratching and clawing. Pretty sure Jake had a more entitled upbringing. 

Your statement may well bear some fruit. Jake needs to get dirtier and find some true, burning desire.

But yea, EP40 looks like he's put on 10-15 lbs of muscle and that's amazing. Coupled with his new skates, he could be top 10 in NHL scoring this year.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Does anyone else think of Raffi Torres whenever they hear this phrase? I'd love it if Virtanen could play like that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Western Red said:

I think it's a matter of nature. Ferland grew up scratching and clawing. Pretty sure Jake had a more entitled upbringing. 

Your statement may well bear some fruit. Jake needs to get dirtier and find some true, burning desire.

But yea, EP40 looks like he's put on 10-15 lbs of muscle and that's amazing. Coupled with his new skates, he could be top 10 in NHL scoring this year.

This... I think if he finds a bit of nastiness in his game, he could really take off.... 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Does he have any history with Lucic? what are his chances of winning that bout?

No reason at all for him to have to engage, save for Lucic starting up his pill-poking antics or such.  Lucic won't even be out against Petey or Horvat in the first place, he'll be on the third and probably fourth line before the end of the first month.