The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A heavier, in shape Pettersson Hope's to develope chemistry with Michael Ferlund the destroyer

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Ferland can play hockey, and he'll be there to keep an eye on things. He's not going to drop the gloves every time Elias gets hit. But if another player hands out a cheap shot, well, then at least Elias has someone in his corner to cut that s*** out quick. (unlike last year) Hopefully, having Ferland on the ice at the same time will deter other players from taking liberties. Something tells me though that Pettersson will be able to take the hits this year, and maybe hand some out as well.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Petey is continuing to add more tools to his toolbox and knows what is needed to win. I see him as the next Peter Forsberg and hopefully this means the playoffs and the Cups are not too far behind. :towel:

Agree. It's hard to see where his ceiling will be in the next few years. Once he puts it all together, and fills out as a man, his all-around game is going to be awesome to watch. His backchecking is already incredible. Will be interesting this season to see how the added size helps his game. The recent pic looks like it's the right amount in his upper body.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree. It's hard to see where his ceiling will be in the next few years. Once he puts it all together, and fills out as a man, his all-around game is going to be awesome to watch. His backchecking is already incredible. Will be interesting this season to see how the added size helps his game. The recent pic looks like it's the right amount in his upper body.

And to see what he can do with a goal scorers skate profile instead of a goalies :D 

I still can't get over that he's been using a goalie skate profile! 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

And to see what he can do with a goal scorers skate profile instead of a goalies :D 

That's next level stuff in terms of greatness, being fearless and innovative enough to do things other people won't do or even think of doing. Can't wait to see how that evolves. ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I just see that fire in his eyes the same as Bure was when he first started, they just want to do what ever they can to win. love that in a player.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Does Motte's "hits" really count as "hits"? ::D

LOL, I did laugh!

But of course they do. Motte sets the tone for the team with constant puck pressure.  He holds up teams from moving the puck up ice. Creates steals and exhausts players who have to work much harder.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Hated Ferland as a Flame.  Stoked to have him riding shotgun for Petey though.  EP40 looks like he's been hitting the gym hard all off-season; love his commitment to improving himself.

Reminds me of how much I hated ESA Tikanne then loved him as a Vanuck

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Honestly I dont think his fighting skills are the thing fans should zero in on. Hes not "that" guy. What 

I want from Ferland is feisty play and hard on bodies in our own zone. IF he gets 20 goals great but 

IF he were to bring that fire every night, and help change the compete level in the room im fine with that too.

Another example is 2011 Kevin Biesksa.  A player can be counted on to fight,  and also play an active role in offense and defense.  Bieksa was a 45 point d man then and also one of the better fighters we had . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Being a thin guy myself I find using a profile similar to a goalies gave me more balance and stability.

I could see that if he bulked up a bit he would have more strength and stability allowing him to go for the more rounded profile with less ice contact

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

LOL, I did laugh!

But of course they do. Motte sets the tone for the team with constant puck pressure.  He holds up teams from moving the puck up ice. Creates steals and exhausts players who have to work much harder.

Kidding aside, I do like his tenacity and energy he brings to the team.