The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A heavier, in shape Pettersson Hope's to develope chemistry with Michael Ferlund the destroyer

Rate this topic

cuporbust

11 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

He was listed at 176 last year so I doubt that. 

Well from the original first sight of him, I highly doubt he was over 165 as in the first pic of him in the latest comparison pics then and now but he looks closer to that now and maybe a few more pounds but 185 tops but a guessing game no? Love to see him and 200 even and leave it there, even stronger than now but not too heavy for weight to slow him down...  Wow.. hope so.. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, xereau said:

Two Raffi Torres type players in the postseason, on the same team, maybe even the same line at times, will be a beautiful thing to see.

To be honest I think we have the potential for 3 of them in Ferland, Virtanen and Roussel with Miller and Pearson not far behind in that style.  We talked about team toughness and now we have it.  I think we’ll see a team that stands up for itself this year, which will be a welcome sight.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, nergish said:

I like Kassian, but I think Zack MacEwen is similar enough and ready to slot in soon. 

That's not really Big Mac's game though.  Anyone expecting him to come in a play a significant physical role is in for a disappointment I think.

16 hours ago, stawns said:

he was last year, I think, Jake has been the leader in the last three years, cumlative I believe.

Think we could see even more from Jake now, knowing he doesn’t have to carry the load on his own. Motte hits a lot, but difference being the velocity of the hits. Jake can really hurt the opposition, and I fancy him to do so next season. 

All in all Bennings putting together a team with play off qualities. 

So pleased with his team building. 

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

13 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Well from the original first sight of him, I highly doubt he was over 165 as in the first pic of him in the latest comparison pics then and now but he looks closer to that now and maybe a few more pounds but 185 tops but a guessing game no? Love to see him and 200 even and leave it there, even stronger than now but not too heavy for weight to slow him down...  Wow.. hope so.. 

He weighed in at 176.....so doesn't matter if you doubt it lol.  The scale said so.

14 hours ago, iceman64 said:

He was 165 when first drafted (if that). The listed 176 was a year later coming into his first season here. 

31 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

He was 165 when first drafted (if that). The listed 176 was a year later coming into his first season here. 

Well they can list what they want but doesn't mean it's true, wouldn't be the first time it was wrong and he sure didn't look over 170.. anyway he's on the right track and can't wait to see the new and improved version of Alien that would have been fine how he was but that boy doesn't stop at anything to be his best. 

19 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I would really like to add Tryamkin into the mix. He is a monster. When he hits he cripples guys. 

Ferland, Virtanen, Roussel, Miller, Pearson, MacEwan, Tryamkin, Benn, Myers 

Would like to watch a game where we physically dominate Calgary for once 

Add Train to this current roster and not many teams could physically dominate us anymore.. Finally! It's been way too long as us being soft and run over in the playoffs, good regular season team and getting nowhere was tiring to watch year in and year out..

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2