The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A heavier, in shape Pettersson Hope's to develope chemistry with Michael Ferlund the destroyer

Rate this topic

cuporbust

6 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Petey makes everyone around him better.

His ability to adapt to a player rather than that player adapting to him will make Ferland the best he's ever been.

When he witnesses first hand what EP40 can do his appreciation for him will sky rocket.

It's been a while since I've been this excited for a season to start.

I see great things coming my friends.

Look what the Sedins did for Burrows. Imagine what Petey could do for Ferlund. I think we are going to witness history in the making folks. Yes so excited for this season for sure.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/7/2019 at 12:41 AM, *Buzzsaw* said:

Love the fire in the belly of Petey... he is gonna be meaner and more difficult to deal with this year.

I predict the elbows will be up in the corners if they try to push him around.  B)

Is Churla still around? Oh wait, Marchand can take his place as "the receiver general" of elbow smashes.. when I saw Bure lay out Churla, was a thing of beauty and a message well sent but really, doubt it will be needed since now we won't be taking any $&!# from other teams any longer..

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Before last season, there were questions about his shooting. He worked on it in the summer and now he's among the elite in the league at shooting.

He wanted to get stronger this offseason. He looks like he is doing so.

There is nothing this kid can't do if he sets his mind to it. He is gonna be an absolute beast this season. We're in for a treat.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, EmilyM said:

Before last season, there were questions about his shooting. He worked on it in the summer and now he's among the elite in the league at shooting.

He wanted to get stronger this offseason. He looks like he is doing so.

There is nothing this kid can't do if he sets his mind to it. He is gonna be an absolute beast this season. We're in for a treat.

The questions about his shooting is unfounded. Just go back to his draft year highlights and watch him blow pucks past goalies.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 6:30 PM, Rick_theRyper said:

I think Jake really was held back from those ribs he injured last season too, I fully expect to see his best season yet! He will be motivated., and like you say know he isn’t alone. Especially after the hit.. he showed confidence with roose our there too now with Ferland and miller and rousell and Benn, my god. Toughest canucks team maybe in my lifetime! 

guess you missed Bertuzzi, Cook, Jovocop, Brashear.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

I would say that Pettersson now has the muscle to lift the Cup with ease. Let the games begin :)

Benning has built the perfect storm and the stars are alligning. This is just my opinion of course, but I feel pretty strongly about it. They now have all of the ingredients to win, but not many are saying it. Perhaps it's out of hesitation to see how things play out. But I beleive this year. Too many good stories - Quinn Hughes full year, Pettersson put on muscle and could be even tougher to play against, Horvat could be the new captain, Myers and Benn on D, Ferland in the Top 6 is a dream, Miller on Bo's line will take them to another level, Juolevi might finally show why he was chosen at #5, and then there's Jake and Goldy. If those guys improve, watch out.

My only question mark is Markstrom, and whether he can carry this team all the way. It is nice to know that they have Demko waiting, if Markstrom should struggle. A long playoff run requires toughness. This is why TOR won't sniff the Cup this year. The Canucks have loads of toughness now on the team.  I don't know, if another team decides to scrum after the whistle and the Canucks have Myers, Benn, Ferland and Virtanen on the ice, things could get interesting.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Okay now on a more serious note, this actually went through my mind last night.

I don't want to have crazy high expectations for this to happen, but I'm going to be optimistic and think there's a possibility that it could happen. Imo Ferland could have a break out season this year, if he does find that chemistry with the EP and as long as Brock signs so they can start building that chemistry right away. Again if chemistry connects this could become the new WCE type line for the Canucks again.

You have Brock who I've always said reminds me of a Naslund type again, Pettersson who would be the Morrison fill in but a much more better skilled version of a Morrison, then you have Ferland who would be the Bertuzzi fill in on that line. And just like Bertuzzi this could help Ferland to make it to that next level, as he has shown he's capable of putting the puck in the net just finding the right players and role to reach that next level could be here....

On 9/5/2019 at 3:51 AM, Shirotashi said:

Honestly I dont think his fighting skills are the thing fans should zero in on. Hes not "that" guy. What 

I want from Ferland is feisty play and hard on bodies in our own zone. IF he gets 20 goals great but 

IF he were to bring that fire every night, and help change the compete level in the room im fine with that too.

Totally agree, the last two fights he had resulted in two massive concussions where he missed many games. I think he now has, like Baertschi, what they call a glass jaw.