[Signing] Hurricanes sign Jake Gardiner

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

There is 100% a trade coming but...

Slavin - Pesce

Gardiner - Faulk

Bean - Hamilton

TVR, Fleury, Forsling

omg

I don't see it. TVR, Fluery and Forsling aren't guys that make them better. Looks like they just bolstered their lineup.

Very good value for both parties!! I know the Nucks and Leafs have been playing under totally different circumstances the last 3 seasons but let's just look at pure #'s for a fun comparison for past 3 seasons between Gardiner and Edler:

Jake Gardiner

Avg Games Played per Season: 75

PPG: 0.55

Avg. +/-: +17

AAV: $4M

Alex Edler

Avg Games Played per Season: 65

PPG: 0.46

Avg. +/-: -12

AAV: $6M

If all things being equal, who would you rather have in your line-up? Honestly, we are just giving Edler a sweet deal for his leadership and loyalty... what else am I missing?

• Haha 1
  • Wat 7
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Lots of rumours swirling around Faulk. 

Ya I think Faulk is the most likely to be on his way out.

Good deal for a UFA Dman, he is capable of playing top 4 minutes in an offense role. It also allows them to trade for some help up front or in net. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They clearly want to trade Slavin or Pesce. Benning?

If that's the case they can have anyone not named Bo, Petey, Boeser, Hughes or Podkolzin. Slavin or Pesce would make our blueline go from meh to pretty good. This definitely puts some of their D on the block you'd imagine. Bean or Fleury possibly. Maybe they want to move Hamilton, they have Pesce and Faulk as top 4 RD.

Not sure Fleury even has a ton of value anymore. Gotta imagine something has to give with all their D. Bean looks like he should be pushing for a NHL spot this season. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PunjabiCanucks said:

Carolina has 2 1st round picks, 3 3rd round picks and a ton of defenceman

Nylander to the Hurricanes? for a Dman and picks back....

Gives em space for Marner

Maybe the Jets instead of TO?  Hard to see the Jets trading Laine or Connor but perhaps Ehlers may be on the move?  Hard to see the Canes having much interest in him given his $, term and their current forward group.  The Jets' loss of Trouba and Myers does significantly reduce their D depth so adding a Canes D should help that out.