The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Faulk Wants Extension in place to Approve Trade to Anaheim

Warhippy

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Getzlaf is very well liked league wide 

Perhaps. I find him to be a cheap shot player. Picks his spots against players he knows he can handle. Real good player when he wants to be. Can go stretches of lazy as well. Just not my kind of player. 

Just now, rekker said:

Perhaps. I find him to be a cheap shot player. Picks his spots against players he knows he can handle. Real good player when he wants to be. Can go stretches of lazy as well. Just not my kind of player. 

That's fair, he is well liked among peers though. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Lol. More like Faulk wants extension and raise to play and share a locker room with douche bag Getzlaf. 

Getzlaf has been to my house (not kidding).  He is definitely a bit of a dummy and clearly has an attitude that he was always the star growing up.  Kind of reminded me of Kesler’s attitude.

He didn’t come across as a complete douchebag though, he just didn’t compare well with some of the other guys who had to fight a little harder to make it. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Provost said:

Getzlaf has been to my house (not kidding).  He is definitely a bit of a dummy and clearly has an attitude that he was always the star growing up.  Kind of reminded me of Kesler’s attitude.

He didn’t come across as a complete douchebag though, he just didn’t compare well with some of the other guys who had to fight a little harder to make it. 

Fair enough. In the end I was originally speaking to some of his antics on the ice. In a quick response I referred to his personal side which really has no place here. I prefer to keep it to hockey and hockey related stuff 99 percent of the time. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Don't see why Anaheim wouldn't agree to extend Faulk if he agrees to waive.  They have the money and the need for a player like him. 

Ana needs another RD on the roster and there's none in their system to promote.  

I remain absolutely stunned Anaheim traded Brandon Montour.  Guhle ia a good prospect, but another one of the LHD.  They are strong at LHD with Larson tipped to grab the 3rd pair LHD role, Guhle next in line.  Larson appeared to have made their team 2 years ago, was injured last year. You would think Montour had ants in all the wives pants?

I would speculate Lundestrom as part of the return. Reasonably strong at C depth, propects & as a whole. They have Sam Steel, Derek Grant is a capable vet, and Trevor Zegras in the system & due as early as next year. A package of himself & Max Jones would tick a lot of boxes for Carolina. Also strong in NHL and prospect depth with Comtois, Nick Ritchie, the WHL superkid Brayden Tracey a little bit further into the chart.  I see both Lundestrom & Jones as valuable, but more affordable in terms of depth than Kase to give up.  Losing Kase would create a hole.

Troy Terry and Devin Shore play both wing and pivot.  But I doubt they move Terry & Shore is just not that big a lure. It just adds to depth making a deal possible.

My speculation > Lundestrom & Max Jones for Faulk.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

This seems anti-rebuild... but when Del Zotto is your #4D maybe its more out of desperation. 

This is funny!

But I don't think he really factors. He puts the d in depth, not in defence. 

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Anything less than a 1st round pick and CDC will go nuts again about the Miller trade.

There are CDC geniuses who believed Sutter, and his 6 points last year might command Faulk?

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Nice to be a hockey team in Southern California. Not frozen Edmonton...

Players waive to be there, even sign extensions...

Even when your team sulks! :frantic:

Anaheim isn't as terrible as we may think. They have great goaltending, Gibson is also still fairly young. Defense doesn't look atrocious by any means. They have some decent promising youngsters. I think with the addition of Faulk they could be a playoff bubble team much like us. Except I'd argue our forward group is better, but the have the edge in net and an edge on defense (Assuming they get Faulk). Of course it doesn't hurt to be Anaheim. Lol. 

Oddly enough I was watching a video on youtube, might have been thehockeyguy, apparently at one point Faulk wasn't willing to waive for Anaheim at all. Something must have changed. Maybe he sees something there other than sunshine.

21 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I think with the addition of Faulk they could be a playoff bubble team much like us.

Not if that addition costs them a guy who could possibly lead the team in scoring.

This would be an absolutely braindead move.

40 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Anaheim isn't as terrible as we may think. They have great goaltending, Gibson is also still fairly young. Defense doesn't look atrocious by any means. They have some decent promising youngsters. I think with the addition of Faulk they could be a playoff bubble team much like us. Except I'd argue our forward group is better, but the have the edge in net and an edge on defense (Assuming they get Faulk). Of course it doesn't hurt to be Anaheim. Lol. 

Oddly enough I was watching a video on youtube, might have been thehockeyguy, apparently at one point Faulk wasn't willing to waive for Anaheim at all. Something must have changed. Maybe he sees something there other than sunshine.

Kesler & Perry are gone.  They might no longer be stale, smell stale, look stale. Attract mould as you open the door to jump on the ice... Kase will be healthy, if still with the team. I guess that's something? Its not just replace Perry & Kesler. Replace Montour...

Too many rookies, thrown in too early, too soon, too deep! 

We had Elias frickin Pettersson. And still were not that close that early. Those rookies, maybe I should not limit them? I just don't believe they can get 4 or 5 rookies to play at that level.  Just my opinion. Mt honest take is they are more advanced than when we had Bo as a 21 year old. They had Rakell, some young D.  They already have Zegras, their first new lotto calibre talent to go with Gibson.  Will need one or two more.

Even if all turn out, no hick-ups, and do it quickly? Its going to take 2 or 3 more years..  

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

https://www.tsn.ca/report-hurricanes-justin-faulk-wants-extension-to-approve-trade-to-anaheim-ducks-1.1363253

While the Anaheim Ducks are discussing a trade for Carolina Hurricanes defenceman Justin Faulk, a deal is contingent on the 27-year-old receiving a contract extension, Elliott Teaford of the Orange County Register reports.

According to Teaford, the Ducks are not on Faulk's 15-team approved trade list and the eight-year veteran wants an extension in place before waiving his no-trade clause to join Anaheim.

Faulk skated with Hurricanes teammates on Tuesday, but declined to comment on trade speculation, according to Chip Alexander of The News and Observer.

Justin Faulk not commenting on the Anaheim trade report/speculation.

Faulk, who scored 11 goals and posted 35 points in 82 games last season, is entering the final year of his current contract and carries a $4.83 million cap hit for this season. He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent next July.

Teaford notes Faulk would fill a need for the Ducks, who currently have just one right-handed shot on their blueline in Josh Manson

Luke DeCock of The News and Observer reported Thursday that the Hurricanes have had "longstanding interest" in Ducks winger Ondrej Kase and added he would be surprised if 23-year-old isn't involved in a deal between the two sides.

Believe the Hurricanes have a deal in place with Anaheim for Faulk. Anaheim is not listed among his 15 preapproved teams, so it’s in Faulk’s hands now. Hurricanes have had a longstanding interest in Ondrej Kase, would be surprised if he isn’t involved.

Kase, a seventh-round pick in 2014, was limited to 30 games due to a shoulder injury last season, posting 11 goals and 20 points. He had 20 goals and 38 points in 66 games during the 2017-18 season.

Faulk's name began to emerge in the rumour mill last week after the Hurricanes signed defenceman Jake Gardiner to a four-year, $16.2 million contract.

Memo to @frank_seravalli: Too early to fire up a @TSNHockey Trade Bait board? If so, Justin Faulk (CAR) and Rasmus Ristolainen (BUF) would be two notable names at the top. Pitter patter, Frankie...

The most interesting thing about that article was Luke DeCock

11 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Trade boeser to carolina for Gauthier, Faulk, and Bean.

Boom!!

Get rid of the winger that wants too much for two VERY good prospects and a top 4 d man.

We would be much better off.

Yes, we would be better off. Which is why this trade would never happen. I like me some Boeser but Bean looks like a stud in the making, Faulk is a top 4 righty, and Gauthier had a pretty solid season in the A last year with 27 goals. Not to mention with a handful of weeks til the season starts Brock has no contract. Trading him would set the negotiation back a bit and that's likely not something Carolina wants.

• Cheers 1