The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks add new hockey operations staff

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

You were....I read your posts and only the first one had anything to do with the OP.....

I’m just responding to him and explaining why people are frustrated with the negativity / ignorance on here. Eg. the negativity / ignorance re: Cloutier in this thread. It’s clear to most on here, so it’s not my fault he & some others don’t see it / get it. Instead he just wants to stir the pot. He can have an opinion, but he can at least admit that that’s an issue on here. The conversation would be over.....

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IRR said:

I’m just responding to him and explaining why people are frustrated with the negativity / ignorance on here. Eg. the negativity / ignorance re: Cloutier in this thread. It’s clear to most on here, so it’s not my fault he & some others don’t see it / get it. Instead he just wants to stir the pot. He can have an opinion, but he can at least admit that that’s an issue on here. The conversation would be over.....

I think Ian Clarke is a fabulous goalie coach.  If it was a choice between him and Cloutier I’m glad the Canucks picked Clarke.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

So why not create a thread about it? 

You probably get a lot of support and get posters from both sides and who knows maybe turn some peoples opinions....you had good points in your posts....but does come across as a rant in am thread about coaching changes....

• Upvote 1

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

So why not create a thread about it? 

You probably get a lot of support and get posters from both sides and who knows maybe turn some peoples opinions....you had good points in your posts....but does come across as a rant in am thread about coaching changes....

Fair enough! It’s not meant to be...just responding to it, but prob best doing it the other way. 

I haven't been posting for long, but I have read / followed the forum for years. I like hearing / discussing different opinions / thoughts, I just wish the the excessive unjustified negativity would stop. As do others. It was just a bunch more again unfortunately. 

Anyway, I’ll leave it at that. As you mentioned...time & place (new thread). 

Cheers! 

• Cheers 2

Just now, IRR said:

Fair enough! It’s not meant to be...just responding to it, but prob best doing it the other way. 

I haven't been posting for long, but I have read / followed the forum for years. I like hearing / discussing different opinions / thoughts, I just wish the the excessive unjustified negativity would stop. As do others. It was just a bunch more again unfortunately. 

Anyway, I’ll leave it at that. As you mentioned...time & place (new thread). 

Cheers! 

I get that, some posters just like to stir the pot....but like I said you made some good points....( don't get me wrong I've dealt out my own share of hate on here but I try balance it with positive posts) 

i 100% I enjoy seeing/ hearing the other side of the coin.....just like scouting no scout sees  players the same way , everyone sees something different. 

I look  forward to seeing your new thread and cheers....

( didn't want to come across as a dick but like I said you made good points but wrong thread ha) 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IRR said:

You have to be blind, def & dumb not to see / hear some of the negativity / ignorance coming from the media and some fans. And, YES, they feed off each other! And guess what, that’s exactly what it is...negativity / ignorance. Not what’s actually going on with the team or how the team is doing. And guess what again, people like myself are tired of it!!! There’s a big difference between media / fans being negative / ignorant for the sake of being, well negative / ignorant and people like myself standing up against it. I suppose you’d call a police officer (negative) for giving someone a ticket for running a red light (something negative). 

Why are we tired of it, because 90% of the time it uncalled for and it’s not based of facts or reality, it’s based on people’s negative agenda / ignorance!!! 

this is what you call calling me out?

you string a bunch of uncorroberated opinion together and call it fact. Its your opinion and not fact.

do you have any evidence to back up your opinion, or are you going to fall back on, "you must be blind..."?

Show me where the media is leading the Cloutier hate.

YOu say yourself, "its not based of facts" 

So, show me one fact.

And I am not disputing that there is negativity on this board. Your post is nothing if it is not spewing negativity.

40 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I get that, some posters just like to stir the pot....but like I said you made some good points....( don't get me wrong I've dealt out my own share of hate on here but I try balance it with positive posts) 

i 100% I enjoy seeing/ hearing the other side of the coin.....just like scouting no scout sees  players the same way , everyone sees something different. 

I look  forward to seeing your new thread and cheers....

( didn't want to come across as a dick but like I said you made good points but wrong thread ha) 

I hear ya! I’d much rather just discuss hockey / The Canucks in a positive manner, but sometimes I have a hard time letting the other stuff go. Lol! 

No worries at all! I appreciate the feedback & suggestions. 

1 hour ago, IRR said:

This is your response and you wonder why people on here are tired of it?! 

Clearly this is all over your head and you’re completely missing the point! 

But if you'd like an example of the kind of negativity I find tedious, take a wander over to the "Ericksson playing it cool" thread.

I got no time for that tomfoolery.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:36 PM, lmm said:

People are idiots. The problem with many on this board is that they have no |"Spin Detector"

Remember when MG said, "Another team is interested in Lou" ?

Spin, didn't happen.

Remember when Jim and Trevor said the team needed tweeking and the Sedins could make another run?

Spin, didn't happen

Sounds like you're a 'spinner' here yourself.

I'd love to see the quote where Benning says "the team needed tweaking and the Sedins could make another run."

That's not how I remember his comments - at all - and why I always prefer direct, in context quotes as opposed to weak paraphrasing like you've spun here.

If by "Lou" you're talking about Luongo - and who knows what context you're referring to - what evidence do you have to the effect that there was never "another team interested in Lou"?  He was dealt to Florida - there's one team that was interested - and there was endless talk about Toronto wanting to acquire him (perhaps by lowball, but whatever - that would/could be considered "interest" = so what makes you the "spin detector"?   It sounds like you're basing this merely on weak assumptions and misleading paraphrases yourself.

Edited by oldnews

22 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sounds like you're the 'spinner' here.

I'd love to see the quote where Benning says "the team needed tweaking and the Sedins could make another run."

That's not how I remember his comments - at all - and why I always prefer direct, in context quotes as opposed to weak paraphrasing like you've spun here.

If by "Lou" you're talking about Luongo - and who knows what context you're referring to - what evidence do you have to the effect that there was never "another team interested in Lou"?  He was dealt to Florida - there's one team that was interested - and there was endless talk about Toronto wanting to acquire him (perhaps by lowball, but whatever - that would/could be considered "interest" = so what makes you the "spin detector"?   It sounds like you're basing this merely on weak assumptions and misleading paraphrases yourself.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/on-global-tv-trevor-linden-quashes-rumours-hes-about-to-be-named-president-of-vancouver-canucks

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mike-gillis-on-potential-roberto-luongo-trade-vancouver-canucks/

here are 2. 

I think this thread is about dead and do not feel the need to continue...

you can carry on if you wish

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mike-gillis-on-potential-roberto-luongo-trade-vancouver-canucks/

here are 2. 

I think this thread is about dead and do not feel the need to continue...

you can carry on if you wish

Nice try.

No quote from Benning.

No evidence that there was no other team interested in Luongo.

I do agree with one part though - you're provided nothing to talk further about.