The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston draft pick in 2015

Rate this topic

tan

So many studs drafted after Bostons 3 picks... This warms my soul :P

At least they didn't whiff on debrusk, could be worse! 

Aho konecny Eriksson ek even should be good. 

Let's not forget the prized jewel of the 2015 draft.... BROCK BOESER! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Haha, they definitely wiffed on some picks but got a steal in Carlo in the 2nd round that year. Vladar looks like he'll make the big show as well. 

I've personally let my Boston hate go. It's healthier. With the exception of Marchand of course.

I will always love seeing them fail. Classless organization that no real hockey fan should have any respect for.  The way the Bruins conduct themselves is simply a disgrace to the sport. 

• Wat 1

Thats the joys of drafting.  I remember when they flipped Lucic and whoever else to get that 3rd pick and picked 3 in a row, I was thinking "damn if they get some 2nd/3rd liners out of 3 in a row that'll be solid for the next decade".  Goes to show you that you never know how exactly guys will elevate to that next level from junior, some show so much promise but they just top out at that level.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Russ said:

Thats the joys of drafting.  I remember when they flipped Lucic and whoever else to get that 3rd pick and picked 3 in a row, I was thinking "damn if they get some 2nd/3rd liners out of 3 in a row that'll be solid for the next decade".  Goes to show you that you never know how exactly guys will elevate to that next level from junior, some show so much promise but they just top out at that level.

Thoughts to ponder when people complain about Virt/OJ.

• Cheers 2

On 9/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, King Heffy said:

I will always love seeing them fail. Classless organization that no real hockey fan should have any respect for.  The way the Bruins conduct themselves is simply a disgrace to the sport. 

The fans in Boston do have a reputation for being very, um, tactless lets say. 

But this is to be taken with a grain of salt as our Canucks fans here had a literal riot in 2011. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/14/2019 at 2:45 AM, tan said:

image.png.8b85f287579235f04df473611fe6e325.png

:bigblush:

Careful who you laugh at?

Same team who picked Pasternak the very selection after we picked McCann.

Who drafted Charlie McAvoy outside the top ten.  Where was Marchand drafted?

Pretty successful team. Even if those three picks were not their best.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

To be fair McCann looks to be on Pace to be a 20 to 30 goal scorer with the Penguins. Vancouver just lost him due to a really bad deal

Personally I just hope Guadette can write off the mistakes in the 2015 draft 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, iinatcc said:

To be fair McCann looks to be on Pace to be a 20 to 30 goal scorer with the Penguins. Vancouver just lost him due to a really bad deal

Personally I just hope Guadette can write off the mistakes in the 2015 draft 

Is he?

His 14 minutes a night increased to 15 when he moved to Pittsburgh. And his goals per 82 games if he stayed at that role? Would be equivalent to 24 per year. But 15 minutes a night is hardly suggesting the coach has massive trust & is going to increase his role in a scoring capacity.

So much trust they traded for Galchenyuk & Kahun as wingers. My observation is he probably has been bumped to the Penguins 3rd line, and back to the checking role he had in Florida.  Unless he cleans the ice of those boys, I'd say he is tipped for 15 goals. He has every chance to have a Brandon Sutter career if he improves. But may struggle to stay relevant. 

On September 13, 2019 at 10:45 AM, tan said:

image.png.8b85f287579235f04df473611fe6e325.png

:bigblush:

As a Canuck fan I don't think any fan has a right to laugh at drafting. Yea Jim has done good but before that horrible up till Burkie. .....

I'm all for making fun of Boston but they find players something the pasted Gms in Van haven't done.....

fyi if you forget all the bad drafting by gillis just cause he picked Bo , that's sad. 

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

As a Canuck fan I don't think any fan has a right to laugh at drafting. Yea Jim has done good but before that horrible up till Burkie. .....

I'm all for making fun of Boston but they find players something the pasted Gms in Van haven't done.....

fyi if you forget all the bad drafting by gillis just cause he picked Bo , that's sad. 

Please find me anyone who believes Gillis was good at drafting because of Bo. 

17 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Who drafted Charlie McAvoy outside the top ten.  Where was Marchand drafted?

Pretty successful team. Even if those three picks were not their best.

Exactly.

Boston could be doing the same thing and laughing at our Virtanen, McCann, and Juolevi picks. They've done well drafting like us in worse positions than us, with a few bad misses. Pastrnak was an absolute steal.

It does make me feel better that if they went with the obviously choices that went 3 picks after them, that they could be a dynasty right now. Instead they tried to be smart and landed one alright player instead.

• Like 1