Sign in to follow this  
debluvscanucks

Vaping

Recommended Posts

I own approximately 11 vapes and I'm addicted to it. It's one of my favourite habits.

 

Your friend's son was probably using a cheap vape like a Juul which is made out of plastic. The burning plastic from the Juul is probably what caused this medical condition. Even though my vapes aren't made out of plastic I'm afraid this could happen to me as well. Might switch back to cigarettes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaping is often marketed as a way to begin quitting of smoking, which is great, but unfortunately, it seems to have replaced the smoking of the olden days as the new things for people. I know little about it, but my understanding is that it's generally not as bad...which is not at all to say it is at all healthy--quite the contrary. It seems like a trap for non-smokers (those not yet addicted to nicotine) to me, as I've seen a lot of reports from people of damage caused by vaping.

 

If one is vaping as a way to mitigate the problems with smoking cigarettes, that's great, but it seems like it's catching on as a habit for many that weren't addicted to nicotine in the first place, which is too bad. I have faith that, as with cigarettes, the public image of vaping will turn sour in time as the public realizes that it too, is a very bad health decision, but it might take some time for the hype around vaping to fade.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

I own approximately 11 vapes and I'm addicted to it. It's one of my favourite habits.

 

Your friend's son was probably using a cheap vape like a Juul which is made out of plastic. The burning plastic from the Juul is probably what caused this medical condition. Even though my vapes aren't made out of plastic I'm afraid this could happen to me as well. Might switch back to cigarettes. 

You're life you're choice, but man if you have to approximate your amount of vapes you might be overdoing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grape said:

You're life you're choice, but man if you have to approximate your amount of vapes you might be overdoing it

Yeah my family hates it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alot of my friends vape, as a replacement for cigarettes. Personally I grew up with my mom & grandparents smoking around me regularly & I absolutely hated it, always pushed them to quit. (Which my mom thankfully now has) 

 

Never caught onto cigarettes or vaping. But as I said I see it first hand all the time. I agree with -AJ- that its replaced Cigarettes as the 'cool thing' to do. Even if you go on the internet there's channels dedicated to vaping like everything else. I'm not all that educated on it as I don't do it, but I'd imagine we're just scratching the surface as far the health consequences. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been quite a few cases popping up of respiratory failure in vaper's. No one has pinpointed the exact cause yet. Best to just stay away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you sure vaping is causative of his respiratory issues?

 

Nobody considers vaping harmless; it's just common opinion that it's safer than cigarettes, which the literature suggests is likely the case.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

There have been quite a few cases popping up of respiratory failure in vaper's. No one has pinpointed the exact cause yet. Best to just stay away. 

I can't imagine water vapour going into your lungs is great. I suppose the technology is improving but. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Lol vaping. I hope vape douches realize they look like idiots ‘blowing clouds.’ Most ridiculous habit I’ve ever seen. 

I think you're exaggerating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was young I thought smoking looked cool so I did it.

 

there is nothing cool about sticking a massive piece of plastic in your mouth and blowing clouds of smoke that smell like peach pie.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard stats on the news, in the US 27% of youth are vaping and 30% of those transition to smoking cigarettes.

Nasty things.  As a bridge to quit fine but that probably only represents a small portion of the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, riffraff said:

When I was young I thought smoking looked cool so I did it.

 

there is nothing cool about sticking a massive piece of plastic in your mouth and blowing clouds of smoke that smell like peach pie.

Sure there is.  Just like you thought smoking was cool when you were a kid.  Now it's all about vaping 3 Juuls at once.

 

Nothing cool about the things you and I did in our schooling years either.  Sucks to be teenagers today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

I own approximately 11 vapes and I'm addicted to it. It's one of my favourite habits.

 

Your friend's son was probably using a cheap vape like a Juul which is made out of plastic. The burning plastic from the Juul is probably what caused this medical condition. Even though my vapes aren't made out of plastic I'm afraid this could happen to me as well. Might switch back to cigarettes. 

Vape gawwwwd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Sure there is.  Just like you thought smoking was cool when you were a kid.  Now it's all about vaping 3 Juuls at once.

 

Nothing cool about the things you and I did in our schooling years either.  Sucks to be teenagers today.

False 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad habit yes, but there really hasn't been any concrete information out determining cause of these serious respiratory illnesses of late.  I'd guess that those that have fallen ill are either vaping black market products or attempting to fill vape cartridges with their own bootleg products.  I'd put the blame on lack of law enforcement geared towards the black market vape products.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been against these vaping things until more studies had been done, not saying smoking is any better because it's not, but it does seem these vapes are harming and killing people faster then cigarettes are in a short time frame, and that's very alarming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I heard stats on the news, in the US 27% of youth are vaping and 30% of those transition to smoking cigarettes.

Nasty things.  As a bridge to quit fine but that probably only represents a small portion of the market.

Which means 8 out of every 100 kids are transitioning to cigarettes after vaping.  Wonder what the percentage of youth that start off smoking and stay smokers are.

I also would like to know of the 27% of youth that vape, how many would've tried cigarettes and stuck with it if vaping wasn't a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.