The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordie Benn | #8 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

Over the last few years we have definitely picked up some good players and built through the LOTTO DRAFT,even though we have gone an unprecedented 4 years in a row in the wrong direction at said LOTTO DRAFT.

Mr Benning has been good at the draft,better than years of abysmal drafting by our Canucks,but the back end has needed help for a very long time and we need some young defense men to bring their A-GAME to the party very soon and continue to bolster the back end at the LOTTO DRAFT.

We have improved our defense immensely with just a couple of solid NHL caliber guys this year and I hope it shows a path to the PLAYOFFS.

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I guess I didn't look at his numbers when we signed him but those are impressive. He's got a lot of games under his belt and is good for 20 points a season. Relatively cheap for a solid 4-5. 

He's a steal if he put up numbers like he did last year, but last year was the best of his career thus far so I'm not sure it's realistic to hope he will match those numbers again.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Related?? 

18A49DE1-EE9B-4DC7-A62B-E824A7274A43.jpeg.e9a2df84ec8426b7c6c04c66991d4a96.jpeg 

I remember Uncle Ben's beer!

Ben Ginter had the only non-union brewery and everytime the breweries went on strike, he'd pound out green beer and sell it all over the west.

Located in Prince George, the brewery has excellent spring water and made good beer (when the rest of the industry wasn't on strike).

A Japanese company bought them out quite a few years ago and started making excellent, award-winning brews at the same location.

But you could get a pretty good belly ache on that green strike beer...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I remember Uncle Ben's beer!

Ben Ginter had the only non-union brewery and everytime the breweries went on strike, he'd pound out green beer and sell it all over the west.

Located in Prince George, the brewery has excellent spring water and made good beer (when the rest of the industry wasn't on strike).

A Japanese company bought them out quite a few years ago and started making excellent, award-winning brews at the same location.

But you could get a pretty good belly ache on that green strike beer...

I was working as a summer student at Columbia Brewing of Kokanee beer fame. It was union but often produced beer when the big companies went on strike. Different union. Snaky times as the brewery went flat out for months. Sorry but Uncle Ben’s wasn’t good beer IMHO. He often had to do giveaways to sell it. He and Galadri were big buds. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO Benn needs some credit. He has calmed down the Van d-zone on many nights. When Detroit pressed last night he cleared the zone several times with nice passes. Several clears the full 200' to slow the game down. Really liking what he is bringing.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2