Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Jordie Benn | #4 | D

Recommended Posts

Jordie brought on Day 1 of camp. He really started off the training camp physical. Good to see him live here in Vic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Good solid Vet on a decent deal.

 

I'm in the minority but I think this is actually the best off-season deal Benning made this year to date.

you're not in the minority, majority of us feel the same. ^_^

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the last few years we have definitely picked up some good players and built through the LOTTO DRAFT,even though we have gone an unprecedented 4 years in a row in the wrong direction at said LOTTO DRAFT.

Mr Benning has been good at the draft,better than years of abysmal drafting by our Canucks,but the back end has needed help for a very long time and we need some young defense men to bring their A-GAME to the party very soon and continue to bolster the back end at the LOTTO DRAFT.

We have improved our defense immensely with just a couple of solid NHL caliber guys this year and I hope it shows a path to the PLAYOFFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Fun fact, he's wearing GM JB's own old number 4 while he played here.      

Sweet, another fun fact he looks good in a tank top

 

952f52feb5e1ea3b2e6869cd6d6c317caf93cf0c

 

 

 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is gonna be a fan favourite when he sticks up for his new team mates......just like Ferland is going to be.

 

As a bunch of you have already said, we will have much more of a pack mentality this year in terms of players sticking up for each other.  Damned exciting!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I didn't realize he was so big.  Look at his arms; he's huge.  It is also great to have a guy with the big beard.  ::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I didn't look at his numbers when we signed him but those are impressive. He's got a lot of games under his belt and is good for 20 points a season. Relatively cheap for a solid 4-5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I guess I didn't look at his numbers when we signed him but those are impressive. He's got a lot of games under his belt and is good for 20 points a season. Relatively cheap for a solid 4-5. 

He's a steal if he put up numbers like he did last year, but last year was the best of his career thus far so I'm not sure it's realistic to hope he will match those numbers again.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He's a steal if he put up numbers like he did last year, but last year was the best of his career thus far so I'm not sure it's realistic to hope he will match those numbers again.

If he gets 5pts and plays defence much better than Guddy and Pouliot, thats already a win

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

No visor, beard, tough, Snipes like it's nbd.  Beauty

 

Good old Van Island boy

 

 

aside from the beard and the island, sounds a bit like Bieksa?

Edited by NUCKER67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Related?? 

 

18A49DE1-EE9B-4DC7-A62B-E824A7274A43.jpeg.e9a2df84ec8426b7c6c04c66991d4a96.jpeg 

I remember Uncle Ben's beer!

Ben Ginter had the only non-union brewery and everytime the breweries went on strike, he'd pound out green beer and sell it all over the west.

Located in Prince George, the brewery has excellent spring water and made good beer (when the rest of the industry wasn't on strike).

A Japanese company bought them out quite a few years ago and started making excellent, award-winning brews at the same location.

But you could get a pretty good belly ache on that green strike beer...

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I remember Uncle Ben's beer!

Ben Ginter had the only non-union brewery and everytime the breweries went on strike, he'd pound out green beer and sell it all over the west.

Located in Prince George, the brewery has excellent spring water and made good beer (when the rest of the industry wasn't on strike).

A Japanese company bought them out quite a few years ago and started making excellent, award-winning brews at the same location.

But you could get a pretty good belly ache on that green strike beer...

I was working as a summer student at Columbia Brewing of Kokanee beer fame. It was union but often produced beer when the big companies went on strike. Different union. Snaky times as the brewery went flat out for months. Sorry but Uncle Ben’s wasn’t good beer IMHO. He often had to do giveaways to sell it. He and Galadri were big buds. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.