The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Nucks @ Flames / Flames @ Nucks

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I thought Breezer looked like an NHL player for most of the night.  I'm not sure he'd make it through waivers.

Yeah he looks alot more polished. I'm going to assume other teams have similar defense-man in their systems & say he does clear, in which case he'll be a call-up too.

Between Biega, Fantenberg, Brisebois, Juolevi, Rafferty, Sautner then maybe even Teves, we should have decent depth to draw from. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, brownky said:

I figure Goldie is gonna get the rope with which to hang himself, Goldie and Petey with Ferland; if Miller is with Bo and Boeser since I think that line would be lights out too. Spreads the scoring nicely and has dangerous weapons on each line; it would be completely up to goldie if he wants to truly be an NHLer or not with no excuses about lines, icetime or other. 

Virtanen Petey Boeser

Miller Horvat Ferland

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, brownky said:

I figure Goldie is gonna get the rope with which to hang himself, Goldie and Petey with Ferland; if Miller is with Bo and Boeser since I think that line would be lights out too. Spreads the scoring nicely and has dangerous weapons on each line; it would be completely up to goldie if he wants to truly be an NHLer or not with no excuses about lines, icetime or other. 

That line combo crossed my mind. I just don't see Petey and Boeser wanting to be away from one another. They are so effective together it seems counterintuitive to do that just for Goldie. I think Green wants to see if Goldie can play with less offensively gifted players. I'm sure Goldie would do well with other high end talent like Petey and Boeser if he can't figure it out with Bo and Miller. He just needs an opportunity if that is the case. Lets hope he can make it work with Bo and Miller.

4 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Virtanen Petey Boeser

Miller Horvat Ferland

If Jake can actually play his way up the lineup...

I am curious what Miller, Horvat, and Jake could do. I'm not sure if he would fit into their duo tho. Does he have the hockey sense to be in the right spot in the o zone without getting in their way? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If Jake can actually play his way up the lineup...

I am curious what Miller, Horvat, and Jake could do. I'm not sure if he would fit into their duo tho. Does he have the hockey sense to be in the right spot in the o zone without getting in their way? 

Jake is good at creating offense off the rush, usually after a turnover. Hes not the best in a top 6 roll.

He would be great with Sutter or Gaudette.

I think that top 6 spot is Goldies to lose. I like the idea of putting him with Petey and Ferland.

Ferland Pettersson Goldobin

Miller Horvat Boeser

Baertschi Sutter Virtanen

Leivo Beagle Pearson

We can spread the ice time out nicely and roll four lines. And Brock and Goldy and swap in and out.

5 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Jake is good at creating offense off the rush, usually after a turnover. Hes not the best in a top 6 roll.

I think that top 6 spot is Goldies to lose. I like the idea of putting him with Petey and Ferland.

Miller Horvat Boeser

Leivo Beagle Pearson

We can spread the ice time out nicely and roll four lines. And Brock and Goldy and swap in and out.

It almost seems like he needs to be a crash the net type of line. I'm curious what happens. I'd love to see him on a line with Motte. I think that would have a lot of speed with the right center.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Miller Horvat Boeser

Leivo Beagle Pearson

Agree, we need Ferland with Pety, JV doesn't have that edge. Jake played well tonight , lets see what he does consistently before we promote him to top six. I'd say your dreaming if you think Goldy can make our top six, I know that's where he belongs but what does that tell you then?

Edited by Sbriggs
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Virtanen looked like pre world juniors Virtanen.. Good signs this year? Maybe!

I wish I could see his first shift back from the WJC.  When hank and danny had him on their line for the first game back. Then hank said some nice words of encouragement in his ear. man does anyone know where that clip is????

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I wish I could see his first shift back from the WJC.  When hank and danny had him on their line for the first game back. Then hank said some nice words of encouragement in his ear. man does anyone know where that clip is????

I have only ever seen snipes with that much confidence from him in his junior days highlight clips. I think he's a guy that feels comfortable with a bit more strength over cardio. Of course if we want that hitter, we should let him build up his damn shoulders etc. I dont buy that all humans are the same with regards to biological testing. You cant test if someone is feelin it etc.

• Upvote 4