The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

25 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Deal works for both sides.  Nice hit for 3 years and he’s due for a 7.5 QO at the end of it.  

JB might pay the market price for UFA’s but he’s not getting pushed around by his RFAs.  Good precedent for the organization. 

Can’t wait for the season! 

Wow 7.5 QO?! Meier is at 10 mill! 

This deal just keep on getting better! 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Warning: Unpopular opinion

Am I the only person on here that was hoping for a MacAvoy/Werenski AAV considering Boeser's lack of leverage? I don't hate the contract but is BB really worth almost a million more than those 2? I'd say Brock did pretty damn good here. 

Both defensemen, so it's really not comparable. You can look at all the underlying stats you want, but at the end of the day, offense = more money, and personally, I'm thrilled that we have a 22 year old forward that averages pretty close to a PPG locked up for 3 years at under 6 mill per season.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Both defensemen, so it's really not comparable. You can look at all the underlying stats you want, but at the end of the day, offense = more money, and personally, I'm thrilled that we have a 22 year old forward that averages pretty close to a PPG locked up for 3 years at under 6 mill per season.  

Was going to compare Boeser's deal to Konecny's but forgot that Konecny signed for an extra 3 years. In any event, $875K isn't worth sweating over.

Edited by Brad Marchand

16 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Warning: Unpopular opinion

Am I the only person on here that was hoping for a MacAvoy/Werenski AAV considering Boeser's lack of leverage? I don't hate the contract but is BB really worth almost a million more than those 2? I'd say Brock did pretty damn good here. 

Edit: I should have known better than to post this on CDC lol. I love Brock but MacAvoy's the more valuable player of the 2. 

It was a whisper higher than I'd thought, but no complaints here.  If he stays healthy, it's likely a helluva deal and sets a great standard for Petey and QH

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I recall several questioning his loyalty to the team, saying he was entitled, saying he was greedy, even some implying that by not signing earlier he somehow didn't care about his father.

The Boeser thread is littered with posts like these. 

Yeah, no.  There were people wondering what was going on, but I didn't single one single post that was even in the same universe as ones in the training camp thread or the (gasp) Louie Eriksson thread.  It was pretty much all civil and on topic.