The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

Things I know...………………….

1. Clayton Keller has to be happy

2. Arizona's GM has a upset stomach

3. Loui has to feel somewhat fortunate

4. I am really friggin happy to have Brock back at that cost...….amazed, actually

5. We now have enough money for Tryamkin

6. Jim has had a good summer

All our ducks are in a row...………..LET THE GAMES...………. BEGIN!

• Cheers 2

I would've preferred a longer term deal (6-8 years), but the rumours were consistent in saying that Boeser's camp wanted a shorter term deal. With that said, I'm a little bit surprised that he got that much for 3 years after Werenski and McAvoy both got about a million less for the same term (and Provorov getting around a million more for 3 extra years). Hopefully paying him more up front on this bridge means he'll take a little less on his next contract. 

Also, not a big fan of having to re-sign Boeser again right after dealing with the new contracts for Pettersson and Hughes. I feel like there's going to have to be some serious maneuvering in the near future. 

10 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I didn't see all of it, but he deserves some criticism, considering that there is some precedent. Obviously personal attacks are out of line though.

So what's your point? If one player is unfairly attacked, then they should all be fair game?

Not at all, none of us should be talking about Canucks players that way.  Just wondering how you felt about it because that comment on BB would have been a positive in that thread.  Just curious if you called out posters in there too

Well, let’s see here. I predicted that Brock would sign an 8 year deal just after the regular season started. I am not only completely wrong but also very ok with that. Once again I think JB has made a good deal with a good player. These fair contracts (looking at Brock and Bo) are setting a precedent within the team. We have something special brewing here. Go Canucks go!