The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

38 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not at all, none of us should be talking about Canucks players that way.  Just wondering how you felt about it because that comment on BB would have been a positive in that thread.  Just curious if you called out posters in there too

Unless there were literal death threats against Virtanen, I highly doubt that there was much in that thread worse than implying that the player doesn't give a $&!# about a sick parent that probably isn't long for this world.

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Not a word about the structure of the BB deal on Sports net center.... Odd

Of course not they're all to busy jerking eachother off talking about how great Dubas is for signing Mitch Marner.

Spinning it like "oh you know he turned down offer sheets and has always put the team first, guy lives and wants to be in Toronto" 

Please.... 4 players (soft players at that) eating 40 Million. Let's see how that goes... presidents trophy winners, out in the first round guaranteed. 

Boeser deal great though, its funny I called it at 3/4yrs × 6M and was ridiculed but here we are two months later and right about bang on. I prefer the bridge it allows us to lock him up even longer and get his best years and I have no worries that EP, Hughes, Brock and Bo will all take into account the team and want to have it stay together and remain competitive in playoffs.

• Upvote 2

Definitely seen the 3 year deal coming.#HumbleBrag I think I even said it was gonna be the type of deal Boeser is looking for in the McAvoy thread. #StillHumbleBragging Both were the same type of RFA. Made the most sense. Team friendly cap hit, player friendly term. Then he can sign 6-8 years as a 25 year old for big time money.  

• Cheers 1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-boeser-compromise-difficult-decisions-lie-ahead/ 

Frickin Imac.

Dubas gets praised for signing Marner to a ridiculously bad contract. Benning gets dumped on for some rare sanity and an actual ability to negotiate. 

But there is also an uncomfortable truth after these negotiations: if the Canucks were convinced that Boeser is a long-term cornerstone, they’d have found a way to pay him now on a six- or seven-year deal.

But Vancouver has Horvat, 24, Pettersson, 20, and defenceman Quinn Hughes, 19, to build around, too, and management will have to make difficult value choices in the future. They are not wed to Boeser.

“We looked at trying to do a longer-term deal,” Benning said. “At the end of the day, I guess doing a shorter-term deal puts some responsibility back on him now to come in and have three good years and then try to sign long-term after that.

“He’s one of our core, young players that we want to build the team around.”

Yes, but will they?

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Your sir, are being ridiculous.  Or at least overly critical- yet again JB has re-signed one of our guys to a fair - or even team friendly deal - did you really except it to be under 5?  Wow.

lets re-cap.  Meir at 6 x 4 - a good player but not as good, who’s qualifying offer is 10 million when it’s up - ouch .... BB is 7.5! And he’s going to more then earn it. 

Nylander - the only other high profile R wing to sign in the last 8 months, got 7 (pro-rated for the games he missed) x 6. Ouch.   Rantanen will get more no doubt - playing with McKinnon is a tough gig. Keller who’s also a R wing got over 7 for a term deal early (no he’s not a center, they tried that and he failed miserably). 

I’ve posted this a few times but will again, THN did their annual best 25 by position right now - and for R wings Boeser was 8 (Marner was 5, Rantenan 7, Meir 11, Laine 14, Nylander 22, Keller 23)....ahead of a lot stars and blue chip guys too.   Rather have two BB then one Marner wouldn’t you?  Or BB and Miler for that matter.

Dont know why your comparing defenseman - in case you haven’t got the memo they don’t get paid compared to what forwards do - they get paid compared to what other D’s are getting.  Also McAvoys injuries make BB look like he’s an iron man.   Simply can’t stay healthy.  Mr Glass.  I’ve watched him play and am impressed - but I’d still rather have Brock.   Because I think he will play 75 plus games per year - (not 40/50 and score 40 goals easily in his prime. 

Lol you mad bro?

I'm comparing the difference in value between Boeser and MacAvoy. Did MacAvoy steal your GF or something?

Those contract comparibles are nice but let me know when you have some actual 3 year comparibles to offer. Even better, maybe a comparible of a player with as little leverage as Boeser given he wasn't eligible for arbitration or offer sheets. 

I'm not saying it's a bad deal. Just thought it would come in a little lower given it was a 3 year deal. Oh how ridiculous ^_^

31 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That sickens me.  I'll admit to having crossed the line once or twice with regard to opponents, but I can't even fathom how a Canucks fan could bring Brock's family into this.

Because they aren't real fans. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Solid bridge deal.  Yes I did check HF Boards.

Good deal, but if you're a fan of this player...you shouldn't be.

Terrible deal.  McAvoy was the better player (Benning whiffed on that as usual) and he signed for cheaper

It's hard to give a passing grade on an user failure but even Ralph does more than eat crayons some times

Honestly....no matter how leak things look, this forum has never gotten near as bad as that cesspool of absolute crap.  Honestly hope in this life to meet y2k and his amigo so I can laugh at them long, hard and frequently.  

y2k hasn't responded to my question yet why he wanted Boeser to hold out. :rolleyes:

Fair deal for both Canucks and Boeser.  He gets a raise and gets to prove he is worth the big contract. Canucks get 3 years to clear some contracts out. Much better than the rumored huge dollars that made it an impossible gap to close. 

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Keller is way overpaid.  His number is actually quite insane.  Guy is not a centre.  He’s an extremely soft, one dimensional winger.  Stupid over pay by the Coyotes. 

He isn’t overpaid yet as he will only make 900k next year. Maybe a year or two after that the deal might seem overpaid but what I’m saying with the contract inflation his deal could be good in 2 or 3 years time. He’s been on a bad team with not much help and only 21 years old. If he progresses and becomes a ppg winger in the near future we could be looking at this Keller deal as a steal. Don’t write somebody off too early is all I’m saying.