Sign in to follow this  
Adarsh Sant

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Wow... Here we have it, Bennings best ever contract. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected Brock at anything under 7 mill... Considering Marner Matthew's are 11mill... 

Shockingly low tbh... Now I see why Brock held out... 

They were really low balling him. 

Had Jim given him 3x6 offer he wouldn't have missed camp. 

I hope there isn't a single Canucks fan on the planet that is upset at Brock for missing camp. He must have felt insulted under 6 mill. 

Nothing I'd love more than seeing Brock get paid 13 mill on his next deal over 8 years. Three superstar years coming 

The only reason to justify paying any of these guys anywhere close to 10 million + is if they make the playoffs every year from now on and get consistently better every regular season.  Marner /Matthew's got paid because they took the laffs to the playoffs every year of their entry contract. I'm not sure if three superstar years with no playoffs is worth more than 8.5-9

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Talk about great news on a Monday night. Good deal for both sides.

Affordable bridge on our end. Gives him a chance to get a better long term # next contract than he would've now, if the cap goes up as expected. (Plus more time to prove himself)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm willing to bet that some of the people here are going to end up feeling pretty silly about themselves when they look back on some of the posts they made attacking Boeser, particularly when he's busy filling the back of the net for us.

I'm so happy with this deal I'm filling the back of my pants!

Term. AAV. Whoop Whoop!  ***vigorous hand clap*** GMJB

Just like Stevie Wonder said - Signed, Sealed, Delivered. Ya Babeeee!

Silver Can 2020/21 woo hooooooo......Image result for small stanley cup vancouver

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, internationalhippy said:

The only reason to justify paying any of these guys anywhere close to 10 million + is if they make the playoffs every year from now on and get consistently better every regular season.  Marner /Matthew's got paid because they took the laffs to the playoffs every year of their entry contract. I'm not sure if three superstar years with no playoffs is worth more than 8.5-9

If you can't hit 100pts shouldn't be making 10M+

30pts 3M

40pts 4M

50pts 5M

60pts 6M

70pts 7M

80pts 8M

90pts 9M

Etc ...

Mathews career high 73pts -7.5M 

Tavares career high 88pts- 8.5M 

Marner career high 94pts - 9M

None of these guys can win a playoff series doesn't matter if you get there to get bounced out in the 1st round.

Huge overpayments here ...Maybe I'm way off just how I see it. 

Edited by KanNuck
  • Upvote 4

Welcome aboard Brock on the victory train, the Canucks will be rollin' with this year. Good to have you back.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fair deal for both sides at this point but if Brock goes out and puts up 35-40 G and 35-40 A (possible imo) this could be great value for the Canucks, and the QO coming out of it isn't some crazy number like 10 million.

41 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Can't say it's a great deal. On a 3 year term had to be max 5 mill. JB needed to get 6 years min so when Canucks start contending in 3 or 4 for cup BB would have a descent cap hit.  

Hes going to play with EP next 3 years and score lots if goals. Then he's going to look for 10 mill per year. 

I would have let him sit.  

Lol. If he earns his way to 10 mill, I'd say we are in good shape dont you? 

Not worried 

20190916_223858.jpg

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I like MacIntyre

Kind of a nerd that gets sports humour

Also not a homer or doomsdayer

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I'm so happy with this deal I'm filling the back of my pants!

Thought you’d say you’re filling the front of your pants, but to each his own, I suppose. ;) 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, internationalhippy said:

There's no justification.  Tough to be a championship team with more than half of the salary spent on 4 guys.   Not impossible (Chicago), but difficult.  Edmonton and TO have similar models.  Fail for years, collect big names, overpay, then likely fail to come up with low cost complementary players to take them to the promised land.  At least TO has Babcock. 

I'm intrigued by JB's plan.  There's some potential stars in the making and a roster that's starting to look like a lot of solid NHLers from the mid-tier pay (less lower tier players).  You can't do this when you have a few $10 million players.

5 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Pettersson's Reaction

Translation: get that awesome hair back here right effin now!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

You really though it would be less then Werenski and McAvoy? - dude defenseman haven’t gotten paid as RFAs ever - not like AM, McDavid, Eiclel, Aho, Nylander and likely Point and Rantanen... Doughy and especially Karlsson’s biggest beef was that they were top guys not getting close to what others were getting that weren’t as good of productive.  Actually take them out of the equation now and go look at all the defenseman - and see top pairing guys make in comparison to top line forwards and you have to see what’s there.  Myers is actually getting paid like a top two right now - as he’s in the top 62 highest paid defenseman in the league. 

Boesers contract is very reasonable - less then Meirs even though he’s definitely the better player ... Conners deal should be a little less for a bridge but not by much .. offer sheets isn’t leverage unless you get one (rarely happens) and none of these guys have arbitration rights ...

I didn't say Boeser should have got less than those defensemen, I said I thought a 3 year deal would come in a bit lower than what it did (my original prediction was between $5-5.5M on a 3 year deal). I also said I had hope that Boeser would sign something similar to MacAvoy and Werenski because they're arguably more valuable players, or at least the equivalent to. Anyways, glad to have Brock back. Cheers

1 hour ago, BlastPast said:

Fair deal for both sides at this point but if Brock goes out and puts up 35-40 G and 35-40 A (possible imo) this could be great value for the Canucks, and the QO coming out of it isn't some crazy number like 10 million.

Just finished the wifey's hockey pool for her. I had to snag EP and Boeser. Should be a fun year! 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That is awesome! I bet you it's true too. This ain't Da Beauty league anymore. He's going to need to get into game shape and what better way to do it ^_^ 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Captain material comment there. Nobody is above the bag skate :gocan:

All we need to is to have Bo receive the C from Hank on October 9th and we got ourselves a helluva season to watch (ill be at the game oct 9 hence my

hope :)) 

• Upvote 4