The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

45 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

If Pettersson can have a 90 point season and be great defensively, at the end of the season I'd say give him 10M x 8years

Hughes, we do not have a huge sample size sadly, we burned 1 year of his contract up already and 1 year sample size may not due us good for looking him up long term. I think we resign him after his contract ends, but ideally if he lives up to his hype and has a 40 point season upcoming and lets say has another 40 point season in year 3 (while not being exposed for Defensive flaws - sign him for 6 to 8 years x 7 mill)

Why would Pettersson sign long term, two years later at less money then Marner if he's 90 point, solid defensively centre. 

If he preforms like people are predicting, he will want 12Ish million per over an eight-year deal.   

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he was mad because it set the market lower than he wanted for his client. 

Exactly, he gambled and lost. He must of been listening to some CDCers who were saying he deserved more like 8 million or the "pay him what ever he wants" mentality. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I hate how the fan base gets labelled as negative, you can really see how its driven by our media here and tweety thumb warriors. 

Same, although if morons want to label the fanbase as miserable, they're just as misinformed.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

But who cares, this is a great outcome for the team. 

For sure. Full steam ahead.

• Cheers 4

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard on 650 this morning Aquilini was involved in the negotiations with Besser's agent.  Is this a regular thing for the owner of an NHL team to be involved in player contract negotiations?  

Not sure, but if it helps, like it may have in this case, then I'm all for it.

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Sounds from the agent that the 6 x 7mill  contract was pure speculation and paper hack fabrication....

Embarrassing yet not surprising....

I don’t think that is the right read on it.

his quote was that he was mad at the number “that was leaked”... not that it wasn’t true, but that it was leaked.  People speculating can’t leak something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Not sure, but if it helps, like it may have in this case, then I'm all for it.

Does the owner understand players' values?  Is the owner an expert in player evaluation and team building?  I agree that Aquilini would be a good negotiator, but I get a bit concerned when the owner gets involved in hockey operations.  I believe Aquilini loves his team, and that love might affect his judgement.  

Super glad we have Bess locked up though, and believe the numbers are fair for both him and the team.  Personally I think it's a steal for us.  Bess is scoring more than 150 goals during these three season.  

Just now, Provost said:

I don’t think that is the right read on it.

his quote was that he was mad at the number “that was leaked”... not that it wasn’t true, but that it was leaked.  People speculating can’t leak something.

Cheers Provost,  a few have pointed that out to me... maybe I'm the hack. Not sure....