The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard on 650 this morning Aquilini was involved in the negotiations with Besser's agent.  Is this a regular thing for the owner of an NHL team to be involved in player contract negotiations?  

I just heard that he was involved on the weekend when Brock told his agent he wanted to get this done.....not all along.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, redhdlois said:

I just heard that he was involved on the weekend when Brock told his agent he wanted to get this done.....not all along.

I just wonder if an owner with such passion for his team should even get involved at all?  Passion clouds judgement.  Although, in this case, the deal is great for us.

4 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Owners have been involved for a long time.....if you get a chance read Pat Quinn's book.....there's a part where his trying to sign Gretz and Gretz wanted to sleep on it but ownership got involved and wanted asap.....

also heard flyers owners are very hands on too or where not sure now...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I just wonder if an owner with such passion for his team should even get involved at all?  Passion clouds judgement.  Although, in this case, the deal is great for us.

Alf when you where a kid did you collect hockey cards and trade them? 

Or play  Fantasy hockey?

you problem don't 2knhl so no point asking ha but to these guys it's a bigger version of that....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Alf when you where a kid did you collect hockey cards and trade them? 

Or play  Fantasy hockey?

you problem don't 2knhl so no point asking ha but to these guys it's a bigger version of that....

You're certainly right about some owners playing with their teams like they are toys. 

Glad we have Bess locked up though.    

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Eriksson, Schaller and Baertschi.  We need Sutter on the 3rd line for now until Gaudette is ready so no rush to trade him a this point as Gaudette should be playing top minutes in Utica this year.  Goldy looks good, I wouldn't trade him until we see him in action.  He could be a sleeper this year.  I like Leivo on the 3rd line playing with Sutter and Virtanen so I'm not sure where Baertschi fits in as Ferland will be given every chance to play with Petey and Brock and BO and Miller look like they already have chemistry and BO had chemistry with Pearson last year so I can see those 3 playing together as well.  So that leaves Beartschi either on the 3rd line or in the press box.  

It will be good competition this year as we have much more depth.  Who knows maybe Eriksson proves himself and earns a spot on the 4th line.  With Boeser signing under $6 million we can actually keep Eriksson on the roster if Benning chooses to, we can send Biega and Schaller to Utica and put Roussel on LTIR.  Lots of options right now.

Doubt Biega's going anywhere. Guy's the perfect spare D. My money's on forwards waived/traded.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Listened to Ben on the drive in.

A couple things stood out:   that he was at the Vikings game and got a call ... I'll call you back later, I'm busy???   No.  You talk NOW because we're waiting.

Also that the 3 year is with a vision to do 8 or so afterward.  

I do like that the media addressed the issue of is there a desire for him to play in Minny and it sounds like no.  That this is the best place for him.  And I agree.

Bess should get himself a new agent.  This current guy said the Canucks offered 7x7 back in June.  That's a contract he should have advised Brock to sign, especially considering Brock wants long term stability.