Sign in to follow this  
Adarsh Sant

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

The "leak" of the 7 upset him but was that because it looked worse on the team to not have that disclosed?  Because that's a fairly decent offer in my view.

I thought the same thing a couple days ago. The "leak" made me think the organization was firing a PR shot over his bow, because it was a decent offer.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I thought the same thing a couple days ago. The "leak" made me think the organization was firing a PR shot over his bow, because it was a decent offer.

Doesn't seem like a Benning thing to do. He got in trouble early in his GM career for speaking about other players but I don't see him "leaking" things. Gillis I'd believe would do that. Benning seems like a stand up guy, almost to a fault.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Doesn't seem like a Benning thing to do. He got in trouble early in his GM career for speaking about other players but I don't see him "leaking" things. Gillis I'd believe would do that. Benning seems like a stand up guy, almost to a fault.

In these types of negotiations, it's not a bad thing to manage PR that way. Imo, it worked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Watching this, this morning. Was definitely the highlight of the interview. Media is so stupid. There was articles about how Benning f'd their cap situation in regards to Boeser. Any time this man signs someone in free agency there are articles and media types talking about how Benning doesn't know what he's doing in free agency. He needs to get more jabs in at the media for their idiotic takes.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

In these types of negotiations, it's not a bad thing to manage PR that way. Imo, it worked. 

Not saying it's a bad tactic, just doesn't seem like a Benning move imo. Hockey is one of the more "team" based games. It's smart to "leak" contract negotiations. Puts the heat on the player to not appear greedy to not just the fans but his teammates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo the leaked proposed 6 X 7.0 deal was leaked by the team to counter the (possibly agent driven) narrative that the salary cap was preventing them from engaging in a long term deal. The agent didn't like it because it could make his client look unreasonable.

 

Agent: The salary cap is preventing a long term deal

Team: Well, we offered you a 6 X 7 so....

Agent : !@#$%^

 

Just speculation. Hey, I could work for the media !

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Not saying it's a bad tactic, just doesn't seem like a Benning move imo. Hockey is one of the more "team" based games. It's smart to "leak" contract negotiations. Puts the heat on the player to not appear greedy to not just the fans but his teammates. 

Well, I don't think he was the orchestrator of any leak - that doesn't strike me as Benning - but once the info was out there, I think he'd be fine with it. Especially if it got Boeser back into camp quicker, which is more Benning-like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Imo the leaked proposed 6 X 7.0 deal was leaked by the team to counter the (possibly agent driven) narrative that the salary cap was preventing them from engaging in a long term deal. The agent didn't like it because it could make his client look unreasonable.

 

Agent: The salary cap is preventing a long term deal

Team: Well, we offered you a 6 X 7 so....

Agent : !@#$%^

 

Just speculation. Hey, I could work for the media !

given how the negotiations went

it seems most of us could work as brock's agent as well

 

not sure what he really added to the process

except a lot of delay based on silly expectations

 

edit:  as an aside

though we have not seen the completion of all the rfa signings this offseason

can we still lump the laffs into a similar category of canadian teams as the coilers?

 

the coiler trade comparisons are not relevant for any other nhl team

and now laff rfa signings are not relevant to any other similar status signing

man these canadian teams have gone off the deep end

Edited by coastal.view
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Imo the leaked proposed 6 X 7.0 deal was leaked by the team to counter the (possibly agent driven) narrative that the salary cap was preventing them from engaging in a long term deal. The agent didn't like it because it could make his client look unreasonable.

 

Agent: The salary cap is preventing a long term deal

Team: Well, we offered you a 6 X 7 so....

Agent : !@#$%^

 

Just speculation. Hey, I could work for the media !

The agent said this morning the offer was 7x7 back in June, and that was leaked, which upset him.  I think he got POed because it's clear he should have advised Brock to accept that deal.  The agent looks like he did a terrible job for Brock.  49 million dollars or 18 million dollars.  That agent could have cost Brock 31 million!  Brock already suffered a freak (almost career ending) injury.  Bad agent.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The agent said this morning the offer was 7x7 back in June, and that was leaked, which upset him.  I think he got POed because it's clear he should have advised Brock to accept that deal.  The agent looks like he did a terrible job for Brock.  49 million dollars or 18 million dollars.  That agent could have cost Brock 31 million!  Brock already suffered a freak (almost career ending) injury.  Bad agent.  

don't be like that alf

7 appears to be a much slimmer and smaller number then 5.85

5.85 is 3 numbers and takes up more space

i can understand the agent's confusion

 

Edited by coastal.view
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Disagree, I think we can actually afford to move him more now than ever as we actually have viable 'replacements' and solid depth. And again, he's gone at some point this season regardless IMO.

Although I think we are very close  to "viable replacements" I don't think we have the ability to just hand over the reigns to them just yet.

 

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Edler was re-signed as a buffer for QH as the LD is fairly weak.  Imagine if it was QH, Benn + Hutton.  The 2 years will give QH enough time to get used to the NHL and hopefully take over the #1-2 D position. 

 

Tanev will be on the way out.  I see Myers as taking over that hard big minutes.  Not to mention Barrie becomes UFA next year (so that's an enticing option).

 

OJ still projected to make the team (most likely next year) and hopefully Woo (in a few years) so depth is building on D.

We have 5 good quality D at the moment and a few on the cusp, this does not spell ready to off load one of our core D just yet. Maybe if someone pans out soon:Tryamkin,Briseboise,OJ for e.g. then maybe.

 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I waive Biega because he's almost guaranteed to go through and if he doesn't, it's not a huge loss.......as much as I like him, I think the writing is on the wall with him.

I believe he brings more to the table then Stecher at a much cheaper rate and rarely looks out of place. I am not sure he would be the first one to go at this point.

 

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

Breezer is ready, imo, but might be waiver exempt which means he's likely going down

I think he is close too. Seeing him last year and seeing him play now, things are progressing nicely with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Watching this, this morning. Was definitely the highlight of the interview. Media is so stupid. There was articles about how Benning f'd their cap situation in regards to Boeser. Any time this man signs someone in free agency there are articles and media types talking about how Benning doesn't know what he's doing in free agency. He needs to get more jabs in at the media for their idiotic takes.

In the meantime, isn't Toronto like 10-11 million over the cap? But Dubas is still a genius.

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Nice work JB!

Great to have Brock in Camp, some great energy on the ice.

Live it up Boys!  Burn through the gates and Keep the guns hot..

 

... this should have Eriksson  in Utica and retired by Christmas :ph34r:

Ericksson was the best player on his line last night

On pace for 82 goals

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

given how the negotiations went

it seems most of us could work as brock's agent as well

 

not sure what he really added to the process

except a lot of delay based on silly expectations

 

edit:  as an aside

though we have not seen the completion of all the rfa signings this offseason

can we still lump the laffs into a similar category of canadian teams as the coilers?

 

the coiler trade comparisons are not relevant for any other nhl team

and now laff rfa signings are not relevant to any other similar status signing

man these canadian teams have gone off the deep end

The Lafs traded a legit second line center on very reasonable terms for a one year rental in Barrie. Also, a first round pick dumped to rid them of a one year contract. Both moves dubbed as "genius" by the Eastern media. What a crap show media has turned into. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The agent said this morning the offer was 7x7 back in June, and that was leaked, which upset him.  I think he got POed because it's clear he should have advised Brock to accept that deal.  The agent looks like he did a terrible job for Brock.  49 million dollars or 18 million dollars.  That agent could have cost Brock 31 million!  Brock already suffered a freak (almost career ending) injury.  Bad agent.  

I think he also said it was close, and then the “market changed”.  Probably the sharks back loading Meier’s contract, needing a $10m QO

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't believe it... what a steal. 

 

If I was Jim I'd just start out with 6 AAV at 3 year... they were low balling him and caused him to miss camp. Luckily he'll get pre season action... so probably no harm done and he got to spend a few extra days back home. It's probably a win win for everyone. 

 

Here's to a healthy season for Brock filled with lots of goals and winning hockey. 

 

I've been straight all my life, but if I could turn, I would do it for Brock... :lol::goat:

 

Sniper on the ice and an amazing guy with high set of morals off the ice 

 

boeser-canucks-bench.jpg

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.