Sign in to follow this  
Adarsh Sant

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Looks like a few reputations have been tainted, but certainly not our Boesters'.

Some of the media should be embarrassed, as well as the people who take these idiots 'reports' seriously.:sadno:

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Sounds like he's coming in at 203, which is lighter than last year, based off that video. Hopefully improves his skating/speed. 

23 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Sounds like he's coming in at 203, which is lighter than last year, based off that video. Hopefully improves his skating/speed. 

He weighed in at 208 last year. Still looked like that was a lean 208, but not the most functional for hockey. The rehab from the back injury limited his training, which imo, was the cause for the groin injury last  fall.

Edit, 208, not 209

I'm pretty sure the roster page has last year's measurements still.

Edited by MattJVD

11 hours ago, Jasin23 said:

I really encourage all of you to listen to the interview on Sportsnet 650 with the Brock's agent. Some really good inside to the whole negotiation and how the management works. I think he revealed litlle bit more, than Jim Benning would like him too.

-Aquaman was involved in the later stages, I would say heavily

-Long term deal was closer than we think

-Both camps gave up something, they met in the middle in the end

-Brock's mentality, wanted the show me contract and is confident in his abilities

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/sportsnets-starting-lineup/brock-boesers-agent-really-close-getting-long-term-deal-done/

PS: TSN1040 did the interview with him too, but didn't listen to it, however below is the link.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/hankinson-vancouver-best-place-for-boeser-will-look-to-sign-long-term-1.1366968

I appreciate the post, however to me this belongs in the contract thread as opposed to a separate thread. Instead of locking I’m going to merge them as there is some good discussion here. Cheers. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

He weighed in at 208 last year. Still looked like that was a lean 208, but not the most functional for hockey. The rehab from the back injury limited his training, which imo, was the cause for the groin injury last  fall.

Edit, 208, not 209

He was a really top heavy 208 last year. Hopefully he cut down on the bench press and did some more lower body work during a healthy off season. 

• Hydration 3

25 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Edit, 208, not 209

He was looking huge in the upper body last year, hopefully hes more balanced this year I think 203 lbs is a good weight for him. 

"He looks good. He looks as strong as I've seen him. He is probably in the best shape he's been in. The whole group was excited to have him out there." - Green on Boeser

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Lol ... it was just 48 hours ago people were hating on Brock, turning on him, calling him greedy, selfish, not a team player. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... it was just 48 hours ago people were hating on Brock, turning on him, calling him greedy, selfish, not a team player. 

Yeah. Anyone who said such things should be ashamed.

Pure class. You could see how tough it was for him to answer a question about his dad. I almost choked up just watching him imagining myself in his shoes.

• Hydration 2

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Yeah. Anyone who said such things should be ashamed.

Pure class. You could see how tough it was for him to answer a question about his dad. I almost choked up just watching him imagining myself in his shoes.

Yeah, I'm not trying to be a d**k by pointing that out. Hopefully those who were so negative can rethink those sentiments. The guy is high character and class.

• Like 1