Sign in to follow this  
Adarsh Sant

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

3 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

4-5 years is a very long time. Like half of a typical NHL career. And half the names you listed haven't even proven that they are  NHL players yet. Yes, no doubt there will be some turnover on the team in that time. But worrying about it at this point in time is ridiculous.

I'm not worrying about it, I was just commenting on another post.  I'm very happy the cord is together for at least three more years.

12 hours ago, Nucksfansincebirth said:

About 3 years too long and about 2 million too much money. First of all, hes American. We all know Americans are arrogant douchebags who only care about themselves. You dont win a cup with American players. Second of all 5.8 mill for an injury prone second line winger who hasnt done anything and hasnt shown he will be any better? Hes no leader nor captain unlike guys like Eriksson for example. If I were the aquiline I'd be calling jim to the office and grilling him on his scouting. Let's see a player do something before he is given nearly 6 million. 

Didn't know Don Cherry had a CDC account.

• Haha 2

On 9/19/2019 at 9:41 AM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Brock's gonna go win the cup for his dad. Bring his dad on the ice after he scores the GWG in the OT.

• Upvote 4

On 9/19/2019 at 2:02 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Age 22, and mature way beyond his years. I had no idea the series of issues Duke has. Fighter indeed. The Boeser's are good people. They raised their kids well, and they seem to have good heads on their shoulders. I wish nothing but health and happiness for that family. 

There are things that are bigger than the game. 

Wait -- so you didn't want to move him for Laine?

:unsure:

• Haha 1

I think this was a good signing and tbh all the pressure is on Brock if he wants to be paid after this contract or not. He's got 3 years to prove he's worth high dollars, but that means all the pressure is on him to stay healthy and produce and if he doesn't then he won't be getting near that top dollar. He's definitely a goal scoring sniper, so you're getting your money for his goal scoring not worried about that at all, and I don't care about how he's getting paid yearly all I care is that it's an average of $5.875M yearly, so getting him under 6M, injury prone or not he's proven to be able to score and that's not easy in the NHL.