Sign in to follow this  
taskicon

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Oilers | 7pm

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

I feel you as a fellow Vic resident. The expense of a Canucks game is just too much for us Island folk. The ferry costs are ridiculous and only going up, and you have to factor in travel, food and hotel expenses. Not to mention time is of the essence and you are entirely dependent on the ferry schedule. 

Honestly its too much for the average Vancouver folk as well.

12 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

The cost of tickets unto itself is not worth it .... travel, lodging, all the extra stuff that out-of-towners shell out .... just insane. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

At least people in the area have the option to go...

living in Invermere , it was closer and cheaper to go see the Flames play.....

• Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

nhlstreams on reddit my friend :)

Right, thanks. ;)

I was born in 1725. Still watch games via a sextant, the stars, sea, and telescope.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Canucklehead53 said:

I would argue that Island fans have more opportunity than us Rural BC fans (no option for preseason either). It is much easier (and cheaper) to walk onto the ferry then bus to the game then drive for hours to Vancouver, find a place to stay, etc.

Although I always look forward to my 1 (or 2 if I am lucky) games a year that I see in person.

I hope people who live in Vancouver appreciate the opportunity they have when it comes to live NHL hockey - even us in rural BC have to appreciate our team being closer than some fans in other provinces, countries etc.

I appreciate it. I spent ten years in Kelowna and was always bummed that going to a game was an eeaaassy thousand bucks all in.

We live about a ten minute walk from rogers now and go to a handful of games every year. 

What I love most though is how often I run into the guys just walking around downtown and get to have casual conversations. And Petey living in my building last season is hard to complain about. It was fun chatting with him a few times...even though I never got the invite just to hang out...was kinda hoping for that ;-)

Edited by AllWeatherFan
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

As drone technology improves we will soon have several passenger transport drones from downtown Vic direct to Rogers Arena multiple runs each day that are able to carry 200 passengers at a time. 

At least I think this will happen soon :blink:

Interested in seeing how Quinn defends. Don’t recall him doing that badly in his 5 games last year. Is my recollection correct?

That 3 on 3 OT shift with Brock and EP rather dominates my memory. ;)

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Sutter, Pearson and Edler are wearing the A’s.

For anyone that thought there was a snowball's chance in hell of Pettersson getting the C, he isn't even wearing an A for an exhibition game.

• Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

Really looking forward to seeing Petey and Ferland together. Hoping they cause some serious havoc in the Oilers zone! Go Canucks Go!

• Upvote 3

Well I was debating on getting some Hagen Dazs ice cream from the local store but since Quinn and Petey are playing tonight I think I'll celebrate.

Random Thoughts......

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Well I was debating on getting some Hagen Dazs ice cream from the local store but since Quinn and Petey are playing tonight I think I'll celebrate.

Random Thoughts......

I have a craving for some Quinn and Petey 

14 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

For anyone that thought there was a snowball's chance in hell of Pettersson getting the C, he isn't even wearing an A for an exhibition game.

He has played 71 games in the NHL.  

He didn’t have a chance anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Those Hughes highlights tho:wub:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

Woah shorty gained some weight and looks waayyy healthier.

He is on the Cheech diet

• Hydration 1

I like electronic music and hip.hop. but they dont work with hockey. They should skate out to some metal..some .metallica or vollbeat or something  better than this garbage.

• Hydration 1