The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Oilers | 7pm

Rate this topic

taskicon

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I like Myers game so far. A few hiccups here and there but he's definitely engaged and being proactive out there. Demko looks like a star.

Disappointed in Hughes and Pettersson thus far. They've looked pretty pedestrian for the majority of this game. 

Its only the preseason. Remember Petterson didn't look like anything special in last years preseason either.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I like Myers game so far. A few hiccups here and there but he's definitely engaged and being proactive out there. Demko looks like a star.

Disappointed in Hughes and Pettersson thus far. They've looked pretty pedestrian for the majority of this game. 

Dude, it’s their first hockey game of preseason!l lol

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, warrchief said:

Pettersson needs his BFF Boeser.

Ferland and Pettersson look good together though

They've looked OK imo. Maybe they need that final piece of the puzzle (Boeser) to really shine, but I'm still kinda disappointed that they haven't been able to carry more of the play. 

At least Petey isn't falling down as much.

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's preseason for two guys who need to play real hockey, and aren't really "at risk" on the roster to not make the team.

If they give it too hard early and get hurt in a meaningless game, that's a lot worse.

6 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

I had to look him up. Didn’t know he played for Utica last two years. Seems like a knuckle dragger. Big body.

He actually had a critical role for Utica last season.  Played with Cameron Darcy and Kole Lind most of the year and they effectively were the team's energy line.  In the AHL level, Vinny can chuck the fists, but he has the smarts to play an effective energy role player.  He earned Trent Cull's praises last year for bringing consistent energy to the lineup.

• Cheers 1

so the good news is the game is actually on TV (NHL Network) so I don't have to stream it.  The bad news is the commercials - "Are you using the right catheter (sp?)"  or "Do you have the right health insurance ...." it's some huckster who sounds like Trump sayong his b*ll$&!# "fantastic health insurance, for way less money" I can't wait for November 2020

Just now, Crimson-JH said:

Dude, it’s their first hockey game of preseason!l lol

Am I not still allowed to criticize players that I don't think are playing up to par? 

Just now, CptCanuck16 said:

Its only the preseason. Remember Petterson didn't look like anything special in last years preseason either.

Not that I'm putting too much stock into preseason, but from what I recall Pettersson was great in last years preseason.