The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Oilers | 7pm

Rate this topic

taskicon

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Here's hoping Virtanen is moved to the second line ASAP tonight

Here's what I was hoping ... Ferland-Petey-Jake.  They gave him the stick and he responded very well last night, now try giving him the carrot.  Find out if he's gotten better / learned more since last (pre-?)season with Petey?  We all know Boucher is just keeping Brock's seat warm, why not give Jake a shot?  You can always drop him down to the 3rd or 4th line if it's not working.

Edited by Cali Canuck
Typos
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Here's what is I was hoping ... Ferland-Petey-Jake.  The gave him the stick and he responded very well last night, now try giving him the carrot.  Find out if he's gotten better / learned more since last (pre-?)season with Petey?  We all know Boucher is just keeping Brock's seat warm, why not give Jake a shot?  You can always drop him down to the 3rd or 4th line if it's not working.

virtanen never gets the carrot, lesser players with worse attitudes seem to get the chances he's earned.........largely, imo, because none of the players he competes for ice time with can fill a bottom 6 role the way he can.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

virtanen never gets the carrot, lesser players with worse attitudes seem to get the chances he's earned.........largely, imo, because none of the players he competes for ice time with can fill a bottom 6 role the way he can.

he did for a little while last pre-season or season ... it was Goldy-Petey-Jake for at least a couple / few games

Just now, Cali Canuck said:

he did for a little while last pre-season or season ... it was Goldy-Petey-Jake for at least a couple / few games

and that was favourite line for Petey.  I loved Jake on that line and I feel Boeser is better with Horvat........I'm one of the outcasts who doesn't think the Petey-Boes combo is out of this world.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lmm said:

what you mean the guy was going to ferry his family over from Vancouver to hand me the tix in person?

Lol.  No, Victoria (and Island) fans have little (not cost prohibitive) opportunity to see NHL hockey live.  Been waiting for fast ferry from Nanaimo to start again :(. 13 years now of proposals.  The last one had “special event” sailings including Canuck games and would return same night.

• Upvote 1

and that was favourite line for Petey.  I loved Jake on that line and I feel Boeser is better with Horvat........I'm one of the outcasts who doesn't think the Petey-Boes combo is out of this world.

I know it probably won't happen but I'd love to see Line 1 - Ferland-Petey-Jake ... line 2 - Miller-Bo-Brock. We won't talk about about who centers the 3rd line because I don't like any of the choices

I wonder if guys like Bess and (especially) Petey are such good players that they can be successful with anyone?  

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

MacIntyre was in goal for one goal, why does he have a 3.19 GAA?

Did they lump DiPietro's goals in?

I wondered that, maybe he went to the bench for a 6th attacker.

poor old Mac, comes in down 3, lets in an own goal from Ericksson, er I mean Miller's face and takes the loss.

That's life for a career minor leaguer I guess