The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Oilers | 7pm

Rate this topic

taskicon

9 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

15 hour drive from Terrace, 9 from Prince George. We've got it bad on the island for how long it takes given how close we are, but not as bad as a lot of the province.

Yeah, but how about Campbell River? Port Hardy? Tofino?  

I agree that that’s a pain but there isn’t a literal sea to cross acting as a gatekeeper.

Edited by Bitter Melon

2 hours ago, Canucklehead53 said:

I would argue that Island fans have more opportunity than us Rural BC fans (no option for preseason either). It is much easier (and cheaper) to walk onto the ferry then bus to the game then drive for hours to Vancouver, find a place to stay, etc.

Although I always look forward to my 1 (or 2 if I am lucky) games a year that I see in person.

I hope people who live in Vancouver appreciate the opportunity they have when it comes to live NHL hockey - even us in rural BC have to appreciate our team being closer than some fans in other provinces, countries etc.

Gas in my truck to the game - 60$ 

hotel in Van area - 150$ min

(lol family friendly)

Food and drink - 100$ min

cheering for the canucks since the age of 4 and watching my son begin his journey with the same team - priceless

ricktheryper acknowledges MasterCard as the original user of that previously stated above.. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Gas in my truck to the game - 60$ 

hotel in Van area - 150$ min

(lol family friendly)

Food and drink - 100$ min

cheering for the canucks since the age of 4 and watching my son begin his journey with the same team - priceless

ricktheryper acknowledges MasterCard as the original user of that previously stated above.. 

I kind of feel badly.  I can scooter to the games, but never go.  

The lack of transportation options from Victoria is largely why I rarely go to games. I live through Canucks largely through the television. Most of BC does that though to be honest. We occasionally go for the big family or friends trip but its so costly we cannot do it regularly. Nor is it convenient. 

It would be fantastic if the team offered a deal with local bus depots. Provides transportation too and from at set times. If it's a night game the bus leaves the "game deal hotel" at 8 or 10am. Throw in a deal where you all stay as the same hotel if you go for the package. It wouldn't have to be every game maybe 1-2 a month. That would make it easier if the transportation was taken care of. Catching public transit from the ferrie terminal in VAN to downtown can be a major pain. Esspecially if you don't know the city well. The first time I went I got lost downtown lol.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rush17 said:

The lack of transportation options from Victoria is largely why I rarely go to games. I live through Canucks largely through the television. Most of BC does that though to be honest. We occasionally go for the big family or friends trip but its so costly we cannot do it regularly. Nor is it convenient. 

It would be fantastic if the team offered a deal with local bus depots. Provides transportation too and from at set times. If it's a night game the bus leaves the "game deal hotel" at 8 or 10am. Throw in a deal where you all stay as the same hotel if you go for the package. It wouldn't have to be every game maybe 1-2 a month. That would make it easier if the transportation was taken care of. Catching public transit from the ferrie terminal in VAN to downtown can be a major pain. Esspecially if you don't know the city well. The first time I went I got lost downtown lol.

Don’t the Seahawks do the bus thing for fans up this way?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I kind of feel badly.  I can scooter to the games, but never go.  

Ahh I lived in Vic for 7 years could have gone before I move back to the Kootenay! I’m going this year though, wondering about my second son only Two in July.. 

Edited by Rick_theRyper
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t the Seahawks do the bus thing for fans up this way?

It would probably actually be easier to see a Seattle hockey game then a Canucks from Victoria. We have a boat that takes you into downtown Seattle.  No need for an extra hour or w/e it is bus / train commute just to get into the downtown area. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I feel you as a fellow Vic resident. The expense of a Canucks game is just too much for us Island folk. The ferry costs are ridiculous and only going up, and you have to factor in travel, food and hotel expenses. Not to mention time is of the essence and you are entirely dependent on the ferry schedule. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

It would probably actually be easier to see a Seattle hockey game then a Canucks from Victoria. We have a boat that takes you into downtown Seattle.  No need for an extra hour or w/e it is bus / train commute just to get into the downtown area. 

That no ferry from the Island goes directly to downtown is just bad planning.  There should be a foot passenger BC ferry that goes from Victoria to the Sails downtown.  

Just now, Alflives said:

That no ferry from the Island goes directly to downtown is just bad planning.  There should be a foot passenger BC ferry that goes from Victoria to the Sails downtown.  

There is one from Vic to Van but its like $200 a ticket or something. There is a cheap boat from Vic to Seattle tho

• Thanks 1