The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kings sign Ben Hutton

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

That's the one - Gardiner.

He had an offer from Montreal but he was from TO formerly - and he was roasted there for years. So I think he was sick of all the media coverage.

There's definitely a case that players avoid hockey mad markets. Just don't think Hutton would be the type to turn down guaranteed money for this reason.

I think Gardiner was in the same boat as Hutton in thinking there would be better offers. I think if he knew that he wouldn't be signed until a few months later and that it would be for less then he might just considering taking the deal in Montreal. At least Gardiner found a situation that benefits his game and on an up and coming team.

Just can't imagine Hutton was "holding out" on a deal just to get this one year.

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

There's definitely a case that players avoid hockey mad markets. Just don't think Hutton would be the type to turn down guaranteed money for this reason.

I think Gardiner was in the same boat as Hutton in thinking there would be better offers. I think if he knew that he wouldn't be signed until a few months later and that it would be for less then he might just considering taking the deal in Montreal. At least Gardiner found a situation that benefits his game and on an up and coming team.

Just can't imagine Hutton was "holding out" on a deal just to get this one year.

Ben Costanza.

• Upvote 1