The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

National Cheeseburger Day official thread

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Somewhat embarrassing but one week during winter in Saskatoon I ate five guys every lunch for a week.  It was cold and I work outside.  Loaded up on jalapeños and green peppers.  I freakin love give guys.

Oh yeah, good stuff.  grilled onions, grilled jalapenos, grill the green peppers too, for that matter.

Good fries, too

• Cheers 1
13 hours ago, luckylager said:

That's a &^@#ing awful review

I've never eaten there... way to make sure I never will.

I love burgers

Damn you, 112!

Made to order, you have a large list of free additions to choose from (at least, that's how they do it down here), including jalapenos, green pepper, mushrooms... grilled or not, it's up to you.  Cheese is nice n gooey, too.  Probably the best fast-food burger I've ever had, but then, it's not super fast.  Not meaning to disrespect 112, but I'd say you gotta give it a shot.

I don't blame @riffraff at all for having it each day for lunch that week.  I'd consider it... when I was younger.  I remember regularly eating 2 Carl's Famous Stars for breakfast when I had my weekly side gig a while back.  There are worse ways to start the day.

@112, I wonder what turned you off there.  Burgers there are on the greasy/messy side, but that's a feature, IMO.  Different strokes, I guess :) 

• Cheers 1
15 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Made to order, you have a large list of free additions to choose from (at least, that's how they do it down here), including jalapenos, green pepper, mushrooms... grilled or not, it's up to you.  Cheese is nice n gooey, too.  Probably the best fast-food burger I've ever had, but then, it's not super fast.  Not meaning to disrespect 112, but I'd say you gotta give it a shot.

I don't blame @riffraff at all for having it each day for lunch that week.  I'd consider it... when I was younger.  I remember regularly eating 2 Carl's Famous Stars for breakfast when I had my weekly side gig a while back.  There are worse ways to start the day.

@112, I wonder what turned you off there.  Burgers there are on the greasy/messy side, but that's a feature, IMO.  Different strokes, I guess :) 

It was a while ago that I had it and I can't remember my exact issue; I think it was a problem with the flavour more than the texture but can't recall much more detail than that, unfortunately.

@luckylager - I'm no cheeseburger connoisseur. :p I always just hit up White Spot if I'm in the mood for one- never go searching for anything less corporate and presumably better, so take my feedback with salt grains.

• Cheers 1
29 minutes ago, 112 said:

It was a while ago that I had it and I can't remember my exact issue; I think it was a problem with the flavour more than the texture but can't recall much more detail than that, unfortunately.

@luckylager - I'm no cheeseburger connoisseur. :p I always just hit up White Spot if I'm in the mood for one- never go searching for anything less corporate and presumably better, so take my feedback with salt grains.

Fair enough, it is what it is :) 

FWIW, when I come back home to visit, White Spot is mandatory.  They've expanded the menu a lot since I moved away, but I have to have burgers there.  Love the nostalgia, and the warm dill pickle on top.

• Cheers 1

Stopped eating fast food but 5guys absolutely knocks it out of the park, best fries as well.

I'll never forget waiting for my order and a fat dude walks in and just holds up 4 fingers indicating to the cashier he'll have two double cheeseburgers lol.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Stopped eating fast food but 5guys absolutely knocks it out of the park, best fries as well.

I'll never forget waiting for my order and a fat dude walks in and just holds up 4 fingers indicating to the cashier he'll have two double cheeseburgers lol.

Back in the day red robin had a triple triple.

i was a skinny kid and I’d crush it before my buddies were done there fajitas or whatever girl food they were eating.

• Haha 1
  • 4 years later...