The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau apologizes for wearing brownface during 2001 event at school

CBH1926

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ugh, you made me listen to Carlson. But I like you so I choked it down.

Lemon's hypocrisy shouldn't represent all the 'left'.

That said, I didn't hear him excusing Trudeau for the brown face thingy, I heard him praising the idea of a world leader actually apologising. 

I wish Fox hadn't edited out the response from the guests when Don asked "what do you think about that?"

I'm a huge fan of people that honestly say sorry. I always have been. An unconditional apology is very strong trait imo.

I don't know if JT is completely honest in his. I have to admit, my gut and his record of trying to do what he thinks is right tells me that his is not a racist. 

I agree that JT is not a racist now.  He has learned and grown as a person.  His behaviour, when younger, was that of an ignorant person.  I like that’s he’s apologized.  I don’t like that he’s making excuses for his actions.    

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

On the surface, it appears you are a supporter of the modern Liberal mandate to administer a fixed equality of outcome. A gender balancing act will be exactly that if the candidate Pool isn’t 50% women because you’d have to fix the game to ensure the outcome you’ve suggested. 

I’d rather support the equality of opportunity method instead of fixing the game, so-to-speak. 

I'm not going to argue choice with you. You don't want it, I do, so I think we'll have to leave it there as i don't think we can find common ground.

-

No, I'm not going to get boxed into that "equality of outcome" thing, its a false argument when it comes to how government actually runs. There's no reason at all that you can't pick a cabinet based on that principle and run a good government. 

Creating a situation with equality  of opportunity is exactly the point of it. It has to start somewhere. I think you're ignoring all of the barriers and challenges that have led us to only having ~25% women as MPs. Its clearly a glaring issue, one that should be looked at without political spin but thats not the world we live in. We know the CPC won't do anything about it.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Oh, what excuses is he making? 

That's no good. I thought he just said. He didn't know at the time, he does now, he is sorry. 

That’s an excuse.   Saying he grew up privileged is an excuse.  He’s going to lead the Liberals to a majority, regardless.  He’s good looking.  People are more likely to accept his apology than from Sheer, who is someone we wouldn’t naturally be attracted to.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That’s an excuse.

Really? I don't see it as an excuse as much as ignorance.The truth.....it's turning out a lot of good people didn't know it was wrong, at the time.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Saying he grew up privileged is an excuse.

He said that?

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s good looking.  People are more likely to accept his apology than from Sheer, who is someone we wouldn’t naturally be attracted to.  

yeah yeah, we talked about this. Halo effect. Scheer doesn't have much of that at all. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not that I'm downplaying Trudeau in blackface (okay, I am) but I think it's rather telling that here we are making a huge scandal out of our PM wearing an offensive Halloween costume almost 2 decades ago.....

Meanwhile the POTUS attempted to blackmail a foreign leader into investigating a political rival in an attempt to better his chances at re-election. The reaction? "Trump being Trump"....

CDC: Where blackface 20 years ago is a bigger deal than blackmail 20 days ago....:rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Really? I don't see it as an excuse as much as ignorance.The truth.....it's turning out a lot of good people didn't know it was wrong, at the time.

He said that?

yeah yeah, we talked about this. Halo effect. Scheer doesn't have much of that at all. 

I don’t know about a halo.  I think it’s instinct to be attracted to the stronger, more leader like male.  Scheer looks more the cherub.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t know about a halo.  I think it’s instinct to be attracted to the stronger, more leader like male.  Scheer looks more the cherub.  

someone has to make a meme with Scheer having little wings on. You might be onto  something with that one.

People loved it when Chretien punched that angry protestor dude. Thats why it was so stupid of that con senator to challenge Trudeau to a boxing match, it got rid of any attempt by the CPC to paint him as weak. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Exactly!  It’s an instinctive cultural thing.  Trudeau, to many in Canadian culture, is pretty.  In the US they have a different culture.  Many down there clearly think orange ass-clowns are attractive.  :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Ugh, you made me listen to Carlson. But I like you so I choked it down.

Lemon's hypocrisy shouldn't represent all the 'left'.

That said, I didn't hear him excusing Trudeau for the brown face thingy, I heard him praising the idea of a world leader actually apologising. 

I wish Fox hadn't edited out the response from the guests when Don asked "what do you think about that?"

I'm a huge fan of people that honestly say sorry. I always have been. An unconditional apology is very strong trait imo.

I don't know if JT is completely honest in his. I have to admit, my gut and his record of trying to do what he thinks is right tells me that his is not a racist. 

I also said he isn't a racist, I said he is a spoiled rich kid who has no concern for who he hurts.

But he is a major, major hypocrite. 

Honestly if the liberals win I can't see how he could possibly stay on as PM. He can't leave during a campaign I get that but this is to much to be PM. His office is actively blocking a obstruction of justice investigation, black face, ethics violations this is to much for a PM. He won't even takes questions during the campaign. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Open question:

When will there be enough “diversity” here that will see an end to identity politics and the insurance provided by equality of outcome political practices, even by our employers? 

Is it when there are less white men in whichever group dynamic is being established? Is that when we are sufficiently diverse? Interesting. 

Will there be a Liberal party once that happens; a need for one? 

(I ask on on behalf of my own ignorance. As I understand things, and not to use too much space up crafting a carefully articulated question either, the West and Canada are too while male, according to the Left, which is associated with Liberal beliefs, correct? 

Once we have a majority non-white man everything in the West, what interests will the Liberal ideals serve? I don’t see a Liberal idealism in Japan, China, Saudi Arabia, etc, just in the oppressive white mans’ privileged lands, as said by our fearless leader, JT.

Once the Liberal party dismantles the evil empire of the glorious West, who would they then represent?) 

would there be no need for a conservative right if we made balanced budgets the law? (just using that as an example of what the right claims it is, they spend more than anyone).

Not sure why you're making the entire left about the "non white" thingy, which isn't what most people are talking about. Not sure you can reduce everyone to just that. 

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I also said he isn't a racist, I said he is a spoiled rich kid who has no concern for who he hurts.

But he is a major, major hypocrite. 

Honestly if the liberals win I can't see how he could possibly stay on as PM. He can't leave during a campaign I get that but this is to much to be PM. His office is actively blocking a obstruction of justice investigation, black face, ethics violations this is to much for a PM. He won't even takes questions during the campaign. 

I know youre not calling him a racist. 

I just wanted to comment on what I thought was a bit of a spin by Fox. I saw Lemons commentary as a slight to leaders than never admit they are wrong.( cough, cough, Trump)

I think we spoke before that Freeland would be an awesome Lib leader. I really like her.

I am completely on the other side about JWR. Do not like or trust her at all. I admit I am swayed by a Crown lawyer friend of ours. When this broke, I expected our friend to be completely on JWR's side. I assumed this as our friend cut her teeth becoming a lawyer while working up North on Fist nations affairs. However, she said that Jody could have gone a bunch of different routes, believed JWR had an agenda, and that this type of pressure from the PM's office is not uncommon. She saw it as politicking.

8 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so does this apply to conservative virtue signalling as well? you realize that conservatives virtue signal as well, right? 

Does it? 

It should. 

I asked an honest question and I think it’s a question framing our era.

You may not like the question or my insinuating your penchant for the rigging of things via equality of outcome politics, but I’m genuine in my asking you for a perspective on things. You know much more about most of this than I do. 

JT is such a disaster and possibly the worst Canadian representative or ambassador for of the majority in Canada that I hope Canadians learn to vote for the army and not the General they fancy. 

His painted face means sweet f-all to me and likely to any serious person.

If this pathetically subservient sellout is now the image of racism, let that speak for itself. This is what the Left gave us, not the right.

This is the distraction we face instead of actual issues. How sad and pathetic that this is news. Would I blame the Right for playing the game and rallying the ball back to him? Ha No. The juice is worth the squeeze to get this limp biscuit away from our flag. 

Holding a mirror up to the vicarious, surrogate-outrage, condescension and patronizing the Left has been overly engaged in for years now has been epic hilarity. I think most have had a good chuckle - at least one/some of the hate-fact memes. 

Is the Right into virtue signalling? I’d say it’s not even close as far as that behaviour goes. 

The Right demanding protection for the majority and the freedoms and values they built the country with, have their issues. Strangely, they may have more in common with China and Islam, major migrant imports actually, than the Left does, when it comes down to preservation of core values. I find that a strange one. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not that I'm downplaying Trudeau in blackface (okay, I am) but I think it's rather telling that here we are making a huge scandal out of our PM wearing an offensive Halloween costume almost 2 decades ago.....

Meanwhile the POTUS attempted to blackmail a foreign leader into investigating a political rival in an attempt to better his chances at re-election. The reaction? "Trump being Trump"....

CDC: Where blackface 20 years ago is a bigger deal than blackmail 20 days ago....:rolleyes:

Of all people, you don’t get to say this, as the resident MSM narrative voucher of CDC. 

You cant have it both ways. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

would there be no need for a conservative right if we made balanced budgets the law? (just using that as an example of what the right claims it is, they spend more than anyone).

Not sure why you're making the entire left about the "non white" thingy, which isn't what most people are talking about. Not sure you can reduce everyone to just that. 

You’ve said yourself the our Right won’t make an effort to allow more women into their ranks. The Left, well they will show that party of white men, won’t they! That’s the whole dynamic and not sure where the fuzzy borders are on that point.  

I’m reducing things because in a paragraph, that’s all I can manage because I’m not all that smart and I don’t spend much time writing down responses to being quoted, for better or worse, mostly worse. 

The Right in the has been the existing white man and those systems and values. 

The Left has been anything-but for the white man. 

If I’m wrong about that, then I’m sure others will let me know...