The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau apologizes for wearing brownface during 2001 event at school

CBH1926

On 9/24/2019 at 8:28 PM, Heretic said:

• May

A photo of Green Party Elizabeth May holding a compostable cup (left) was edited by a Green Party staff member to add a metal, re-usable straw and the party's logo (right). May has called the incident 'stupid.'

https://election.ctvnews.ca/truth-tracker-reusable-straw-edited-into-elizabeth-may-photo-1.4608837

Photoshoping is so wrong.   I prefer actual pictures:

rick-merciers-photo-chellenge1.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If in four years TMX has flow in it, Frontier is approved with realistic conditions so it can be constructed, tax is progressive and not regressive (e.g. don't remove capital gains exemptions so businesses can actually make a go of it and bring back income splitting for same small businesses and farmers) and this ridiculous fixation with trying to be the global righter of perceived wrongs in places like China/India/US with a punitive tax on Canadians (carbon), then the man will change my mind.   That and stop the charade about being a feminist.

why can't he be a feminist? 

17 minutes ago, Monty said:

Wow. People losing their minds over someone (ie: PM) spending more to buy donuts from a local business that pays above minimum wage and uses all local ingredients (see: why it costs more) rather than going to Tim Horton’s; a place that used to be Canadian owned and doesn’t pay above minimum wage.

I don’t like Trudeau, but people are stupid.

A lot of people really love Brazilian food I guess. 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

A lot of people really love Brazilian food I guess. 

That, and the fact that a certain segment of Canadian society will jump on anything, and I mean anything, no matter how stupid, to try and criticize Justin Trudeau.

The people criticizing "donutgate" look just as stupid as the ones who keep trotting out "peoplekind"....

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That, and the fact that a certain segment of Canadian society will jump on anything, and I mean anything, no matter how stupid, to try and criticize Justin Trudeau.

The people criticizing "donutgate" look just as stupid as the ones who keep trotting out "peoplekind"....

Um, it's "theykind" now, didn't you know?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can a guy be a feminist?  

:lol: well, I want my daughter to have every opportunity her male cohort has, and not to be discriminated against. What does that make me? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

:lol: well, I want my daughter to have every opportunity her male cohort has, and not to be discriminated against. What does that make me? 

A person that believes people should have equal rights. So, "a good person" is what it makes you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I think he will have to apologize to proletariat for eating these fancy donuts.

Canadians criticize Trudeau after visit to Oh Doughnuts bakery in Winnipeg

https://globalnews.ca/news/6440682/canadians-criticize-trudeau-after-visit-to-oh-doughnuts-bakery-in-winnipeg/

:picard:

Tim Hortons has turned into a national disgrace - absolutely disgusting how they treat their employees and the food is even worse.  JT will get hate no matter what, I see so many @#$% Trudeau bumper stickers nowadays.  

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I think he will have to apologize to proletariat for eating these fancy donuts.

Canadians criticize Trudeau after visit to Oh Doughnuts bakery in Winnipeg

https://globalnews.ca/news/6440682/canadians-criticize-trudeau-after-visit-to-oh-doughnuts-bakery-in-winnipeg/

The only criticism I can give is the food choice is unhealthy.

But then that would make me a hypocrite (of late)  lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Shift-4 said:

The only criticism I can give is the food choice is unhealthy.

But then that would make me a hypocrite (of late)  lol

I like getting the sausage breakfast wrap (without sauce). It's not too bad. I find that it hasn't had any negative effect on my workouts at all.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

I like getting the sausage breakfast wrap (without sauce). It's not too bad. I find that it hasn't had any negative effect on my workouts at all.

From TH? I don't really go there at all.

Or are you referencing the specific place he went to?

But now I want sausage

Thanks, jerk!  :P 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

From TH? I don't really go there at all.

Or are you referencing the specific place he went to?

But now I want sausage

Thanks, jerk!  :P 

You're welcome.

Yeah, the sausage breakfast wrap from Tim's. Never get the sauce on it. Sausage isn't the "best", but the 19g of protein is better than nothing. Believe it's something like 390 calories; although, I've also seen it reported at 425 calories. But whatever, there are far worse things for me to have. And I'll always hit the gym two hours later. If my job was legitimately 100% image and health based (ie: model, athlete, actor), then I would be more careful. But to me, it's fine.

As for the specific place he went to, never even heard of it. And I'm in Winnipeg often. But I never get donuts. So that's less a reflection on whether the place mentioned is good, and more on my "diet".

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Monty said:

You're welcome.

Yeah, the sausage breakfast wrap from Tim's. Never get the sauce on it. Sausage isn't the "best", but the 19g of protein is better than nothing. Believe it's something like 390 calories; although, I've also seen it reported at 425 calories. But whatever, there are far worse things for me to have. And I'll always hit the gym two hours later. If my job was legitimately 100% image and health based (ie: model, athlete, actor), then I would be more careful. But to me, it's fine.

As for the specific place he went to, never even heard of it. And I'm in Winnipeg often. But I never get donuts. So that's less a reflection on whether the place mentioned is good, and more on my "diet".

I’d eat a good home made style doughnut anytime but I’m pretty sure tims are frozen pre-made things.  I almost never eat a baked good from fast food joints.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

:picard:

Tim Hortons has turned into a national disgrace - absolutely disgusting how they treat their employees and the food is even worse.  JT will get hate no matter what, I see so many @#$% Trudeau bumper stickers nowadays.  

So cringe.  It’s like people need to advertise their lack of intelligence.