The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Laine

I see no one has made a thread about this yet....

where will Laine play this up coming season?

i don't think wpg can bring him back after his comments.

so I think Buffalo could be the perfect spot for him....

laine for risto+ Casey mittelstadt..

why....well 40 goal scorers don't go on the market very often and not at Laines age either....if Casey is to rich then Sam R can play center too and is a good play maker too.....

where do you think Laine will end up??? 

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Colorado and Anaheim could both make very competitive offers.  Manson and one of the Ducks' young forwards would be awfully tempting.  Same with any of Colorado's D prospects.  Really depends on whether or not Winnipeg's willing to take back a bad contract to make enough room to fit Laine. 

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Colorado and Anaheim could both make very competitive offers.  Manson and one of the Ducks' young forwards would be awfully tempting.  Same with any of Colorado's D prospects.  Really depends on whether or not Winnipeg's willing to take back a bad contract to make enough room to fit Laine. 

I could see Colorado for sure but I think the ducks will be entering a rebuild....

Colorado could offer jost + 

only thing, a lot of their young guys are unproven...if jets go that way I could see them doing a retool this season....

I don’t know how much value Laine has right now.  If he’s demanding 10 million per over a long term, is he really worth that?  Any team that trades for Laine would be shelling out a lot of their cap space on a potential 50 goal scorer, or a potential flake.  I think the risk factor with Laine lowers his value.  Risto okay, but nothing more.  And even then I think the Jets would have to take more money is a cap dump. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sakic is having trouble fitting Rantanen into his team’s internal salary structure.  (mac is at 6.3) I don’t think he’d add Laine.  

Didn't know that alf....thx. So where you think Laine is going?

sorry alf didn't see your post above my bad. 

I still think Laine has value it just depends how bad a team wants him. Buffalo I think would be the best place for Laine and they have good young players too. 

I think wpg will want more cause Chevy knows he has to hit a home run

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Didn't know that alf....thx. So where you think Laine is going?

sorry alf didn't see your post above my bad. 

I still think Laine has value it just depends how bad a team wants him. Buffalo I think would be the best place for Laine and they have good young players too. 

I think wpg will want more cause Chevy knows he has to hit a home run

I think Chevy might have already accepted he needs to retool.  I could see a Laine for Risto trade.  I don’t know if the 

Sabres would want Laine though.  He’s going to demand, and already is, a big dollar.  Would the Sabres be willing to give Laine an Eichel contract?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

The best case scenario is that he grows up and stops being an egomaniac and becomes a great forward. 

Second best scenario is Cheveldayoff says "screw it" and lets him have his pity party playing in Europe. Worst thing that can happen to an entitled prick is that he gets what he wants.

I don't think Chevy can let him go sit over seas....with big buff maybe retiring and their right side D looking horrible and center has been a big problem for a long time......I see him pulling off a big trade

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Chevy might have already accepted he needs to retool.  I could see a Laine for Risto trade.  I don’t know if the 

Sabres would want Laine though.  He’s going to demand, and already is, a big dollar.  Would the Sabres be willing to give Laine an Eichel contract?  

Now I could see Laine signing a bridge deal for 8 if he gets to play with eichel.....and buffalo is a big city and have better centers too and Laine would probably be their number one rw....

to me it's everything Laine is looking for and also buffalo could be one stop shopping for the jets if they play it right. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I don't think Chevy can let him go sit over seas....with big buff maybe retiring and their right side D looking horrible and center has been a big problem for a long time......I see him pulling off a big trade

Habs maybe?  Drouin for Laine?  

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Droin hasn't really shown much and also didn't he get pissy when Stevie sent him to the ahl and then he demanded a trade.... Domi I could see working but I heard Habs want to resign him bad

All true.  I actually quite dislike Drouin as a player.  Maybe the Habs offer sheet Laine at 10.4?  That’s two firsts in compensation, right?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Drouin is clearly overpaid, so I could see the Jets deserving a D too.  Do the Habs any experienced RSD to add?  

Probably not, the Habs to me don't appear to be a depth club.

How about Chychrun and parts from Arizona?

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Droin hasn't really shown much and also didn't he get pissy when Stevie sent him to the ahl and then he demanded a trade.... Domi I could see working but I heard Habs want to resign him bad

Domi has been a blessing for the Habs, he will be there for a long time.

• Upvote 3

Just now, 6string said:

Probably not, the Habs to me don't appear to be a depth club.

How about Chychrun and parts from Arizona?

Would the Coyotes pay one player 10 plus?  

Plus, I think Chychrun is a LSD.

i don’t really know any of the Yates players.  Who do they have Chevy would want?