The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Laine

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Would the Coyotes pay one player 10 plus?  

Plus, I think Chychrun is a LSD.

i don’t really know any of the Yates players.  Who do they have Chevy would want? 

He's a lefty but appears to fit the Jets game very well in playing to the flow.

I know little about the Yotes but aside from O E Larrson, Chychrun is game too!

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I would do it but if I remember right, when things looked bad there and they were thinking about a rebuild/retool , he was the only one on no touch list. 

Oh, I didn’t know that.  Maybe Chevy has been trying to trade Laine, but there are no takers because the other GMs don’t want to give up assets for a guy they might have to pay too much to sign? 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Oh, I didn’t know that.  Maybe Chevy has been trying to trade Laine, but there are no takers because the other GMs don’t want to give up assets for a guy they might have to pay too much to sign? 

That's tricky cause depends on the team I can see Laine taking less if he knew he would be the go to guy. 

I think Chevy was hoping to keep him cause guys like Laine don't grow on trees....he can score and play 82 games.....I think a trade gets done in the next week or so cause jets need to retool and Chevy needs a home run.... Islanders could put together a nice package....

noah or Wilde and Ladd and wahlstrom and maybe a 1 st. 

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd say odds are Laine and the Jets kiss and make up. Best bet for another destination would be Carolina. 

Hey what do you tell Laine when he has two black eyes?.....

nothing Big Buff already told him twice 

I just don't see them kissing and making up....he threw his teammates under the buss and his already comes across a prick....I also think if big buff retires it's better to trade Laine and retool on the fly

• Haha 1

With Byfuglien potentially retiring their defence will look worse than ours did last season. Might be wise to try get Faulk/Pesce outta Carolina if at all possible. Laine’s demands will have to drop for a team to take him though. If it’s true he’s seeking around 10mil on a deal. Guy isn’t worth much more than Boeser/Meier money wise. Take the bridge, bet on yourself, get traded. Easy peezy. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I could see Patrick Laine going to the Islanders to replace what they lost in Taveres.

To NYI: Patrick Laine

To Jets: Noah Dobson + RW Josh Bailey 

Isles would be nuts to make that deal. Bailey himself out-scores Laine (in points) and Dobson has a high chance of becoming a top 4 guy in a few years. Laine's such a risk. There's a chance he scores 50 goals, but also a chance that his attitude and work ethic problems plague him and he struggles to exceed 60 points for the rest of his career.

The problem with trading Liane is determining his value.  His performance last year was terribly inconsistent.  He had scored 18 goals by the end of November last year and only 12 for the remainder of the year and those 12 were mostly on the power play.  There is no doubt about the talent but his effort is an issue.  And then he complains about not being on the top line.....well, sorry Charlie, top line players put out every night and on every shift.

Plus, since he is unsigned which would place a further discount on his trade value.

The kid has become a problem.  I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole

10 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I could see Colorado for sure but I think the ducks will be entering a rebuild....

Colorado could offer jost + 

only thing, a lot of their young guys are unproven...if jets go that way I could see them doing a retool this season....

Really depends how badly they want to off Laine. I hear the Jets need a 2C, and if Buff retires, a d-man.  I think it would take something like Kadri + Byram for Laine + 2020 2nd or 1st or Roslovic.  Would free up enough cap for Colorado to sign both Rantanen, and Laine. Jets could then resign Conner, have their 2C in Kadri, good young dman in the pipeline.

Value might bit a bit off, but you get the gist.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd say odds are Laine and the Jets kiss and make up. Best bet for another destination would be Carolina. 

Carolina sending a package involving Faulk for Laine makes almost too much sense for both teams. Carolina unloads cap and gets another young star player and Winnipeg gets a desperately needed top 4 RD. 

• Like 1