The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Laine

37 minutes ago, Pears said:

Carolina sending a package involving Faulk for Laine makes almost too much sense for both teams. Carolina unloads cap and gets another young star player and Winnipeg gets a desperately needed top 4 RD. 

If the deal includes Faulk, the Canes add a young prospect (that's good) too.  Do they have one that fits?

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If the deal includes Faulk, the Canes add a young prospect (that's good) too.  Do they have one that fits?

Gauthier is who I would assume Winnipeg would want but I wouldn’t doubt it if they asked Carolina for one of their young defensemen instead. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I see no one has made a thread about this yet....

where will Laine play this up coming season?

i don't think wpg can bring him back after his comments.

so I think Buffalo could be the perfect spot for him....

laine for risto+ Casey mittelstadt..

why....well 40 goal scorers don't go on the market very often and not at Laines age either....if Casey is to rich then Sam R can play center too and is a good play maker too.....

where do you think Laine will end up??? 

Cheers

I knew someone would create a post on this.

Okay, here's the REALLY crazy suggestion.

To Vancouver: Laine

To Winnipeg:

wait for it....

ok, here goes.....

to Winnipeg: Myers

Winnipeg gets a top 4 D, Vancouver gets a budding Superstar.

Queue the applause...

:frantic::towel:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I knew someone would create a post on this.

Okay, here's the REALLY crazy suggestion.

To Vancouver: Laine

To Winnipeg:

wait for it....

ok, here goes.....

to Winnipeg: Myers

Winnipeg gets a top 4 D, Vancouver gets a budding Superstar.

Queue the applause...

:frantic::towel:

Why not stech and goldy and a 2? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay, that might actually get Chevy's attention.  How do we sign Laine?  Would he take Brock's contract, because he's about that level of production?

I really see Chevy having a lot of trouble trading Laine.  Chevy has to get back equal (or close to equal) quality.  However, any team trading for Laine will be worried about the necessary cap dollar to get Laine to sign.  In the cap era IMO a player's cap/term greatly affect their trade value.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Okay, that might actually get Chevy's attention.  How do we sign Laine?  Would he take Brock's contract, because he's about that level of production?

I really see Chevy having a lot of trouble trading Laine.  Chevy has to get back equal (or close to equal) quality.  However, any team trading for Laine will be worried about the necessary cap dollar to get Laine to sign.  In the cap era IMO a player's cap/term greatly affect their trade value.  

Could do kinda what faulk wanted....only way the trade happens if there's a contract in place. Then you know how much room you have to make. 

We would have to move Sutter and Loui for sure. 

But if we're making a trade I rather trade for turris from preds and move Sutter and maybe even Guad....if you look at our centers we have one play making center.....with turris on our third line he would work great with our wingers now and in the future and he might sign a discount to play at home and on a winner. 

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Could do kinda what faulk wanted....only way the trade happens if there's a contract in place. Then you know how much room you have to make. 

But if we're making a trade I rather trade for turris from preds and move Sutter and maybe even Guad....if you look at our centers we have one play making center.....with turris on our third line he would work great with our wingers now and in the future and he might sign a discount to play at home and on a winner. 

We have a play-making winger in Miller.  I think Sutter is a more effective player than Turris, for the cap payed.

I like Laine, but wonder how much he gets, and if he's worth that?  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We have a play-making winger in Miller.  I think Sutter is a more effective player than Turris, for the cap payed.

I like Laine, but wonder how much he gets, and if he's worth that?  

Miller and Sven are the only real play makers ....rooster isn't bad either but turris would give our wings more to work with.....

laines worth.....I think what his shown so far with points and games played..also nothing against little but his a third line center , pushed into the top six, so Laine and Petey , he could be a 50 goal scorer...I would offer 8 on a three year deal....

• Like 1

Some players are just prima donas and there are certainly plenty in the NHL,most fans have to work for hours in order to go to a game that these same "children" are getting paid huge sums of money to play.

Grow up is what I say to these types of players(it's always about them),they seem to forget it's the fans that help to pay for them to play their games.

I know it is a business,but the love of the game should make you strive to be better and humble that you are lucky enough to be in the NHL.

19 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Miller and Sven are the only real play makers ....rooster isn't bad either but turris would give our wings more to work with.....

laines worth.....I think what his shown so far with points and games played..also nothing against little but his a third line center , pushed into the top six, so Laine and Petey , he could be a 50 goal scorer...I would offer 8 on a three year deal....

I think 8 times 3 for Laine is fair too.  I wonder if he would accept that though?  Maybe he feels he deserves 10 times 7 or 8?  

I think 8 times 3 for Laine is fair too.  I wonder if he would accept that though?  Maybe he feels he deserves 10 times 7 or 8?  

I think the chance to play with Petey or bo , would make the number come down a bit....

I think he wants ten if he stays in wpg and trying to force their hand... I don't think any team will offer Laine ten mill and 7 years....to many red flags....

I think a bridge deal is his only choice....

He wants to play with better centers and van has two bright ones.....

I think a lot of teams would treat him as a rental. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Turris would probably be a perfect fit, but idk if I’d want to pay him $6M for 5 years to play on the third line. If Nashville would retain cap I’d look into it for sure. 

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I think the chance to play with Petey or bo , would make the number come down a bit....

I think he wants ten if he stays in wpg and trying to force their hand... I don't think any team will offer Laine ten mill and 7 years....to many red flags....

I think a bridge deal is his only choice....

He wants to play with better centers and van has two bright ones.....

I think a lot of teams would treat him as a rental. 

You've got me warming the idea of trading for Laine's rights.  What about: Stecher, Sutter, Jake, and our 2020 second?  Too much?

• Cheers 1

You've got me warming the idea of trading for Laine's rights.  What about: Stecher, Sutter, Jake, and our 2020 second?  Too much?

Ha I think they would think about stech Guad and a second , might even throw goldy in. 

They have really good wing depth but lack centers and I think the package would have to start with Guad and go from there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

You know I was being sarcastic because we signed him from Winnipeg for free, right????

I was expecting more people to start proposing that we trade them back someone we got for free, who they probably now really regret letting go, and getting a budding star back in return :)

Could you imagine the press in Winnipeg if that happened? There wouldn't be a snow drift deep enough for team management to hide in.

Edited by VegasCanuck
Additional

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Ha I think they would think about stech Guad and a second , might even throw goldy in. 

They have really good wing depth but lack centers and I think the package would have to start with Guad and go from there...

Stech, Gaud and our 2020 third sounds fair.  It's painful to give up the potential in Gaud, but Laine, even at his big cap number, should be worth the risk. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

Turris would probably be a perfect fit, but idk if I’d want to pay him $6M for 5 years to play on the third line. If Nashville would retain cap I’d look into it for sure. 

I agree even at 5 I would take turris cause we have some good young scoring wingers coming up Guad and hoglander and podz and the list goes on. Look at the teams that have won the cup....they win with their third line center as a play maker....I think that's what we are lacking....could help Jake and rooster too or Pearson and  Levio too. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

You know I was being sarcastic because we signed him from Winnipeg for free, right????

I was expecting more people to start proposing that we trade them back someone we got for free, who they probably now really regret letting go, and getting a budding star back in return :)

I know you were being sarcastic but you brought up a good point ha

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Stech, Gaud and our 2020 third sounds fair.  It's painful to give up the potential in Gaud, but Laine, even at his big cap number, should be worth the risk. 

Don't get me wrong losing Guad does hurt but I like Madden more cause his more of a play maker and Guad reminds more a winger. So having madden soften the blow a bit. 

I agree Laine would be worth the risk of the price is right and we can recoup our loses towards the end of his bridge deal....