The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Get well Duke Boeser

Rate this topic

cuporbust

3 minutes ago, DownGoesMcdavid said:

Lung Cancer, Parkinsons , Brain Injury from Car Accident. Dementia 

Duke is as tough as they come. What a warrior. 

And the character that he built from fighting all that is in brock. What a gem this kid is . 

• Upvote 4

Love the sentiment here. Upvotes for everyone!

In all seriousness though, I think it's SO valuable that Brock was afforded some extra time with family, because you only get to keep your loved ones for so long in life, and you don't ever get that time back.

I also think it won't affect his training and fitness at all and that he will come out flying and motivated to pot some sick snipes.

Believe in Brock

• Upvote 4

My heart goes out to his whole family. Duke, and the entire family, have had to endure more health challenges in the last few years than anyone should have to in a life time. I'm glad Brock was able to stay with his family until his dad recovered enough to be able to talk with him.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, cuporbust said:

And the character that he built from fighting all that is in brock. What a gem this kid is . 

Hope all is well with your own family too.  Cancer diagnoses are always tough.  Brock sets such a good example and it’s clear he comes from a very humble upbringing.  It’s heartening to see Brock be able to acknowledge and reward his family for all their sacrifices.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Duke is a true inspiration with everything he has gone through and he has raised one hell of a good son, and family.

I just lost my grandmother about a week ago who I was close with after a long battle with Alzheimer’s so yeah, this story brings a tear to my eye for sure. But I can’t imagine having to watch your father go through so much like that.  

To the Boeser family, Thank you for gifting us Brock. We will cherish him every step of his career with us. My heart goes out to your family. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Duke is a true inspiration with everything he has gone through and he has raised one hell of a good son, and family.

I just lost my grandmother about a week ago who I was close with after a long battle with Alzheimer’s so yeah, this story brings a tear to my eye for sure. But I can’t imagine having to watch your father go through so much like that.  

To the Boeser family, Thank you for gifting us Brock. We will cherish him every step of his career with us. My heart goes out to your family. 

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.  Lost my Dad to dementia 3 years ago now.  The worst part is you really lose them years before they actually pass away. Hold on to the good memories. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sonoman said:

Hope all is well with your own family too.  Cancer diagnoses are always tough.  Brock sets such a good example and it’s clear he comes from a very humble upbringing.  It’s heartening to see Brock be able to acknowledge and reward his family for all their sacrifices.  

I agree. Yes my wife in in remission! Very scary period of time. 

• Upvote 2

I lost my dad to cancer when I was in 11th grade in High School back in 2003. I know what he’s going through and spending times with the family is a moment to cherish. I would love to have my dad back to my life now, I missed him.  

Edited by Crimson-JH
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sonoman said:

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.  Lost my Dad to dementia 3 years ago now.  The worst part is you really lose them years before they actually pass away. Hold on to the good memories. 

My condolences. I Agree completely, it’s heartbreaking to watch someone you love lose themselves and are not the same person you grew up knowing, but the best we can do is cherish the memories we have. All the best. 

• Like 1