The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Oilers

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

The only knock against Baer is his health. Everyone knows he is as good as it gets when he plays games for us. I haven't heard anyone sell him short otherwise.

Not true at all.

During the summer he's been consistently seen as further down the depth chart than guys like goldy and Pearson.

He's been called unnessessary and redundant over and over.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

@nux_win

Hey man I agree... Baer is a good player. Why trade him?? Because Baer has always been a skilled player and hes produced... his issues is injuries..... hes prone to concussion. One more smack up the head he will be practically worthless in value to canucks and in trade. We have already moved some future assets in recent trades. If Baer is healthy and producing....it might be a good opportunity to move a injury prone player and recoup some future assets. Aswell as get some cap relief, that will allow us some more flexibility.

My 2c.

And god yes I want to win now too lol

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Not true at all.

During the summer he's been consistently seen as further down the depth chart than guys like goldy and Pearson.

He's been called unnessessary and redundant over and over.

Yeah.... and why? You just said yourself his points per/ 60 is one of the tops on the team. Peoples opinions and depth charts of the team/player do not qualify as legit knocks. The facts are he produces point when he is in the lineup. No way in Hell goldy is better than him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

@nux_win

Hey man I agree... Baer is a good player. Why trade him?? Because Baer has always been a skilled player and hes produced... his issues is injuries..... hes prone to concussion. One more smack up the head he will be practically worthless in value to canucks and in trade. We have already moved some future assets in recent trades. If Baer is healthy and producing....it might be a good opportunity to move a injury prone player and recoup some future assets. Aswell as get some cap relief, that will allow us some more flexibility.

My 2c.

And god yes I want to win now too lol

The question then becomes, if we are trading him for those reasons, why would someone want him with all those problems ? 

51 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Baer - Bo - Miller should be a great line. 

A lot of cdc sell Baer short, but I'm telling you, he's going to be huge for us this year, especially if he can stay healthy and on Bo's wing.

If I'm not mistaken, Baer had the team high in points per 60 min last season. 

He was really good in his 2 stints, yup.

Played with a lot of confidence with the puck.

Isn't scared of the boards, or front of the net.

Gotta love that heart man.

Even this preseason he is still riding that line though.

If he has a good full season, Masterson Trophy time.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Yeah.... and why? You just said yourself his points per/ 60 is one of the tops on the team. Peoples opinions and depth charts of the team/player do not qualify as legit knocks. The facts are he produces point when he is in the lineup. No way in Hell goldy is better than him. 

We're on the same side here.

In my first post I was just trying to be nice. I'll rephrase it -

Baer - Bo - Miller is a legit 2nd line. They're gonna kill it.

If you don't think Baer is a legit top 6 LW, you're a &^@#ing idiot.

• Upvote 2

preseason lineups great fun.

itll be interesting on who makes and who doesn’t make the Season lineup. Too many bodies and not enough spots too fill.

I guess Canucks have... for once...depth.

I can’t remember Canucks ever ever having any depth in any other season. This is new territory for Canucks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2